Sky, Virgin & BT TV Haggle down prices and get serious discounts Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    leasky30 wrote: »
    this is what we have at the moment but there not budging to change the price

M telephone line rental £12.99

1 M extra line £12.99

loyalty pack b b/phone/ TV A - £13.50

call display £2.05

free voice mail

TV size L £14.00

extra box L £15.00

set top box discount - £5.00

broadband size L £26.00

I'd imagine that's because you are already getting thirteen pounds a month loyalty discount.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • leasky30
    leasky30 Posts: 457 Forumite
    Options
    we are going to cancel the phone line i have in my room to save a bit of money
  • D1980
    D1980 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Just had a 15 minute conversation with Sky and got my deal reduced from £52 to £26 for the next 6 months, no additional commitment. Was serious about cancelling if I didn't get the 1/2 price offer and at one point didn't think any offers were coming.
  • dementedhousewife
    Options
    My husband called Sky today as currently we are on the top service with SKY 3D and Multiroom and HD
    We was going to cancel the whole thing... But after a very long conversation with them we ended up
    getting 50% off for 6mths!..
    We have cancelled the multiroom as dont really use it.. Our bill was nearly £100 a month.. now is £36
    Very happy with the outcome this time lol
    Comping & Coupons!
  • shifty27
    shifty27 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    I have looked at the last 3 pages in this thread.

I am on:

- Sky world - £50
    - 2 x Multirooms - £20
    - HD pack - £10..
    - £4 or somthing becuase I don't pay by DD.

I have been with SKY for Not far off 10 years, so expect to get a decent response from CS when saying i'm on a rolling contract, paying too much, been with you for just short of 10 yrs, so talk to me (in terry tibs voice lol)!

Will be phoning 0844 241 42 43, if no luck with 6months 50% off then will be phoning 0844 241 41 41

Will report back later tonight with results!
  • Flyboy152
    Options
    shifty27 wrote: »
    I have looked at the last 3 pages in this thread.

I am on:

- Sky world - £50
    - 2 x Multirooms - £20
    - HD pack - £10..
    - £4 or somthing becuase I don't pay by DD.

I have been with SKY for Not far off 10 years, so expect to get a decent response from CS when saying i'm on a rolling contract, paying too much, been with you for just short of 10 yrs, so talk to me (in terry tibs voice lol)!

Will be phoning 0844 241 42 43, if no luck with 6months 50% off then will be phoning 0844 241 41 41

Will report back later tonight with results!

Why on Earth do you not pay by direct debit?
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • shifty27
    shifty27 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Don't get paid on set day of every month so I don't have direct debits for most things..
  • daggy
    daggy Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    Options
    lnjk wrote: »
    I called virgin up yesterday to cancel hoping they would give me a good deal. He dropped £7 for the 3 services package wasnt happy so cancelled.

I am about to move house so may get a good deal with sky or virgin later but is it likely virgin may call between now and cancellation to offer something better or is it only sky that sometimes do this?
    Thanks

We had to leave Virgin when moving home as there are no fiber optic cables in our street.

So far sky have not been very forthcoming about giving me a decent deal. Just missed the friends and family scheme so not sure what to do either.

It's better the devil you know!:money:
  • Flyboy152
    Options
    Hun you dont have to justify yourself to nosey parkers that you get on this forum x :D

It was a perfectly legitimate question to establish if the OP has a problem with direct debits.
  • FRESTER
    FRESTER Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    Just called Sky to cancel and got 6 months half price with no hassle at all:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure