PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• ohara09
    ohara09 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    I would like to join please! Please put me down for £50 for January - which is mainly for just me but also occassionally my BF. This includes all household cleaning stuff and toiletries etc as well as food.

Already spent £23.36 which leaves me £26.64 for the rest. Yikes!
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Have updated my Sig with spends from Lidl this morning and also £20 to top-up the kids School Dinner accounts.

My sausage concoction smells lovely in the Slow Cooker, going to serve it with loads of lovely mash, carrots and cabbage - just what we need in this freezing weather - no snow here yet but just seen the weather update on London today and she says it's coming overnight tonight and going to be heavy tomorrow.

If it does snow I'll make the most of it and spend the day in the kitchen, planning to make some more Hobnobs, HM Bread, a turkey and leek flan with some Turkey leftovers from the Freezer and my last leeks from the Garden (will definitely grow a lot of those on my new Allotment this year). Will also check the Fridge as I'm sure there are still some odds and ends that need using up.:o

Hope you are all well and coping with the Snow/cold weather.:D
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bought some milk and bread from the local shop as we're meant to have 10 inches of snow tonight! Looks like everyone else had the same idea - I was only allowed 2 x 4 pints (I always get 4 x 4 as it's on offer) and I got the very last loaf of bread.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    Went shopping yesterday and spent £68.08, so £211.92 left for the month.

Managed to get quite a few bargains, and with the stuff already in, I should come way under target this month :)

A NSD today, and probably for the next few, considering how the weather is at the moment.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had another NSD today, mainly due to being snowed in, but I hopefully have enough to last even if I can't get out for a couple of days ;):D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • miss_cosmo
    Options
    Evening everyone,
    Havnt had chance to post in the last few days but on sunday i got a costco membership card...woo!
    So after having a look round there and pricing things up i think i would do better with a yearly budget, am i allowed to change? If so, how do i change it?

Thanks,

Cosmo
    Turn £100 in to £10,000...£0/£10,000
    Crazy Clothes Challenge 2010...£18/£100
    Annual grocery challenge- £120.67/£1450
    Lose 3 stone- 0/42lbs
    NSD's in Jan...0/31
    "If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money cant buy"
  • LINKYPIE2009
    Options
    NSD Day here!!!!:j
  • annieb30
    annieb30 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    NSD today!! Mainly because of the snow!!

Also found out that the mechanic (friend of a friend) has looked at the car and isnt going to charge us to fix / loosen the fan belt! (I'm a worrier and convinced myself it was going to be a big / expensive job) Yipppee!!

Joining a "vegetable cooperative" at the local community centre tomorrow. £2.50 for a big bag of veg or fruit. Seems a good deal but might need some inspiration for recipes!
    Weekly Spend Challenge: £13.83/£25
    Total Debt: was £6448 (2/8/10) now £6056 :)
  • Rachel021967
    Rachel021967 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Went to Sainsbury's today and spent £10.13 on hot cross buns, apples, bananas, tomatoes, Baking potatoes, grapes,cucumber, spinach and water (must remember to take my own water). Just off to update signature.
  • annieb30
    annieb30 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    budgeteer wrote: »
    Another NSD today. I was tempted to buy some swede for a recipe and then realised that I could make my recipe (Sliced potato, leek and swede bake), by substituting some onions that need eating up.

Could you possibly send me this recipe?? Thanks ;)
    Weekly Spend Challenge: £13.83/£25
    Total Debt: was £6448 (2/8/10) now £6056 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure