• seatzie
    seatzie Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Poppycat wrote: »
    Langley Park
    CHIPPENHAM
    SN15 1GE

so it was Langley Chippenham not Langley, Virginia lol!!
    Norn Iron Club Member #64

Wikkity Wikkity Wikkity Lets go racing!
  • James1000_2
    Options
    My wife and I have been looking at buying from this company. I know from past experience that a company has to have their address available for potential customers. I thought it was being stated that it wasn't on their site, but with a quick search I have found that the address at Swattion Barn, previously mentioned, is on their terms and conditions page at the bottom.
    http://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/gbu0-display/termsofuse/index.html
    It also has company reg number which I have checked out and all seems fine. Its always worth checking if a company exists.
    I'm happy to put a comapny to the sword if its just but sometimes you only hear what someone wants you to hear. I have just phoned them on the sales line 0845 873 8088 and asked for their address to write to and got the Swatton Barn address? I did ask if they have any offers on to see if I was given that good housekeeping voucher code, but it wasn't offered didn't tell him it was on a forum :rotfl:!! Anyway the items look really nice and the lead time on what we want is 6-8 weeks unlike a few of the other items on 16 weeks! So thanks for the discount code will post tomorrow if it worked!
  • Groovygirl
    Groovygirl Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Code does work, I used it on Sunday.
  • James1000_2
    Options
    Thx Groovygirl and IHatedida Order placed and code worked!! Went for items that were on 3 weeks in the end. Will post an update when they arrive.
  • authorgary
    authorgary Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Ha, yes, my CIA conspiracy theory came close there!

Latest is I've had to accept their offer of full refund since I have no camera to fulfil their protocol for a replacement. They say they're under no obligation to replace without photographic evidence, but of course will not provide the funds to buy a camera and develop prints - even though it's for their protocol. I was too tited to argue anymore so I agreed on a refund.

I broke up the box, though, and you're supposed to retain the original packaging. I've told them that and it doesn't seem to have troubled them - so I hope when the couriers come they will have something to put the desk in. I cut the box into pieces to get it out of the house and into the shed.

I'll let you know what state the impending bookshelf arrives in. I do hope there are no more problems, as I think the designs are excellent. Some of their protocols don't put the consumer first or even a close second.

seatzie wrote: »
    so it was Langley Chippenham not Langley, Virginia lol!!
  • authorgary
    authorgary Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    By the way, thanks to IHateDada for posting the discount code and the suggestion. Once they refund me, I'll try the same order again and cross my fingers and touch wood. If thwe thing hadn't been damaged, after all, I'd be a happy man and ready to do my PhD on a mango wood desk. The idea is it will make my PhD sound esoteric.
    At least I have an answer now should any part of my PhD be criticised in examinations. I'll tell them that chapter was damaged in transit.

IHateDida wrote: »
    Yes, I've used them - I have a mango desk in my office from them - very nice - not quite as perfect as I imagined but its a solid piece of furniture and I rather like it - its a bit rough around the internal edges. I have also ordered a mango bookshelf from them and am still waiting - its been 16 weeks so far! But I ordered on a credit card just in case!!!

I was sent a discount code with Goodhousekeeping the other day - use by 30th Sept 08 - get 10% off - OFLGH300908. Wish I'd got it before ordering my bookshelf!
  • wookie_2
    wookie_2 Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    Hillfly wrote: »
    We are wanting to buy this item: http://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/gbu0-prodshow/398.html

However I am a little nervous using the site as i haven't heard of it before and the money involved quite large - and wait times quite large too!:eek:

Alternatively has anyone seen this particular unit being sold elsewhere? I have googled my heart out but can't find this exact unit anywhere else(plenty similar but we want this particular one).

Thanks for any help.

Not used the above company but used this one for oak furniture , http://www.pinesolutions.co.uk/index.html
    although they sell pine as well very pleased with the whole process the delevery and the price in total for a six seater long 8ft dining table that we had from them was fab
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure