PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 24 July 2012 at 6:29PM
    Options
    Evening All

Another glorious day of sunshine here today. I treated the family to lunch out and put on a pretty summer dress to make the most of it.

B: Raspberries with Greek yoghurt
    L: Braised steak with cabbage, green beans, peas and carrots (shared with DGD). HM chocolate mousse when I got home
    D: Cold chicken with buttered low carb crispbread, cherry tomatoes, pickled onions and pickled beetroot. Strawberries and cream.
    Snack: 2 hard boiled eggs.

Exercise: 1 hour Pilates. Walks to class and to cafe so about 2 miles.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all of the holiday good wishes - I'm getting used to the idea now.:)
    I used to travel all over the world alone for my job before I was a teacher so that bit isn't new but the holiday part alone is. I'm sure I'll be fine;)
    Its 3 weeks today so no let up on the diet front from now on - I'd love to lose another 5 lbs by the time I go to make it a stone altogether but that may be a bit ambitious. Will give it a good go though.

Food today turned out to be...
    Breakfast - Nature valley bar
    Lunch - plum tomatoes on 2 pieces of wholemeal toast
    Tea - pasta quills with Loyd Grossman tomato and chilli sauce with a sprinkling of cheese on top
    Later - raspberries and choc mousse
    Looking at that I probably do wth some more fruit so will have a satsuma or two later if peckish.

Exercise - Couch to 5K run
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    oops ! how can it all go wrong in less than 2 hours ?? Have ordered an indian.....

However - chicken biryani and veg curry so not tooo bad :o and only ate 1/3 I have packed rest up for 2 lunches and put in freezer. Oh and 1 popadom....

am just going for a walk now shall try and do an hour as penance ;)
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another glorious day, (though probably not as lovely as Ibiza will be Welshwoofer!!!) and the heat has made me not very hungry, though that hasn't stopped me from eating enough for 2!

B: Cereal and LF yoghurt, kiwi
    L: Ham and cream cheese salad sandwich, grapes, 2 satsumas, small handful of nut mix
    D: Pasta bolgnese with 3 slices of garlic toast, olives and 1/2 a scoop of ice cream
    S: 1 pack of polos (the pollen has gone straight for my throat and work didn't have any lockets), 2 small chocolate truffles
    No exercise, as it's too hot for me. My room is 28.5 degrees!

I ordered a new book off t'internet to give myself a new motivational kick, but it still hasn't come, and it's been 12 days now! I think for the last few days I've been letting some things slip as I'm relying on the book to come and sort me out. I will be sitting in front of the letterbox tomorrow.
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Lovely sunny day here, unfortunately another work day.
    B- soy milk and cereal
    L- chicken tikka salad (packed lunch) orange and pear.
    D- soy milk and museli, watermelon and nectarine
    S- spoonful of baked beans and spag hoops ( left by the kids!)
    Am currently fighting the urge to eat a finger of fudge:eek:
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • vixtress
    vixtress Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Not a bad couple of days here, the weathers been great but I've been stuck in the office all day :(
    Today has been;
    Porridge with strawberries and blueberries
    Had lunch out. Chicken tikka and salad, managed to resist having it in a big, fat, delicious naan bread so that was an accomplishment.
    Dinner was mussels in Thai broth with some lo gi, burgen bread. The mussels were beautiful and really low calorie :)
    Snacks have been a handful of cherries, 2 oatcakes and a few wasabi peas.

Did 40 lengths in the pool and 10 minutes on the vibration plate so all in all ok.

Vix x
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge £150 136/150
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 July 2012 at 8:11AM
    Options
    Very good day yesterday, it was just too hot to eat!

Didn't fancy breakfast, had an ice cream, a pear and some raspberries for lunch and LO cauliflower cheese with peas and a slice of gammon for dinner. Stewed rhubarb with a tiny bit of honey and greek yogurt for pudding.

I am making low carb pizza for a picnic lunch.
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    B 2 crumpets with marmite
    L egg mayo sarnie
    D spicy bean casserole
    E RC 15 min workout
    Day 5 of back on band wagon and have got good routine of exercise shower breakfast :D must get out of habit of jumping on scales every am :-( as 1/2 pound heavier this am. Work lunch today and i have requested low fat egg mayo sarnie. Will go for walk after. Have a good day everyone xxx
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!
    Another hot day here but the sun isn't out yet, lets hope it breaks through.
    I'm going on a 5 mile organised walk this evening so will get an extra bit of exercise - will also do the last week 3 Couch to 5K run ready to start week 4.

Not sure about food yet, yesterday turned out to be very good, will try to be as angelic today:A:rotfl:
    (did a sneaky mid week weigh in this morning and its looking good for Friday).
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :)

Hope everyone's enjoying the sunshine :j I'm struggling a bit for things to wear as I haven't bought any summery maternity clothes yet. Not sure I'll bother, the heat will probably only last until I do! :o

Dinner last night was chicken fajitas, and I had an ice lolly when I got in from supermarket as I was melting! Can't wait until we replace the car I drive, black with no a/c :eek:

Today's meals:
    Breakfast: babybel, yoghurt, satsumas
    Lunch: wrap w/ rf houmous, 1 chicken mini fillet, peppadew peppers and rocket, peach, plums
    Snack: mr kipling lemon slice, grapes
    Dinner: DH's HM curry, inc peppers and spinach, small amount of rice. probably an ice lolly for dessert

Exercise: pilates, little bit of gardening (DH cut the [STRIKE]forest[/STRIKE] lawn last night, but we need to tidy the edges and rake up the bits that were too long for the mower to collect. We could have made hay from our back garden! :rotfl:)
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family