PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm going to add another pleasure, just been to my last school council meeting from DD2's old primary & got a lovely box of chocolates (which I have hidden & will enjoy on Easter Sunday ...there are only 7 in the box so I will guzzle them all myself) It was one of the member's 50th birthday so we had a birthday tea, so I ate rice crackers & yummy dip & copious strawberries!
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Molly41 wrote: »
    Yes I used to make gluten free bread in my Panasonic Bread Maker. There is a special programme so dont know if it would work otherwise? I used a gluten free mix.

Thanks Molly, sorry seems I wasn't very clear what I was asking. I know I can do it in the panny, what I meant was can I use ordinary gluten free baking flour, The last time I made it I'm sure I got gluten free bread flour, but can't seem to find that anywhere.

I'd buy my visitor some bread but I've tried it and found it pretty unpalatable (actually it was disgusting) . The one I made before was rather good, if I do say so m'self.

Thanks for your help, will look for the bread board, or should I say bread forum ;)
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope the hasnd is ok Chicken
    I'm feeling rather down today. I do find this time of year difficult. spring and green cant come quick enough.
    I'll try for 5 anyway
    1. its quite warm
    2. went a bit of a walk around an hour. quite nice.
    3. the horses led down the lane really nicely :)
    4. maybe the grass will start to grow now its warmer and lighter than a few weeks ago
    5. LBH laid a really deep brown egg.
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    Good evening all !

OT - thank you xxx I am sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit down ((hugs)) to you . I notice that the evening are getting lighter which means that you can enjoy doing more of the things that you like to do out in the fresh air. Lbh is busy painting her eggs for you for Easter :)

millie - I did chuckle at the muck heap removal escapades . Arab X with her tail in the air like a rudder and oldie with eyes on stalks. Re our dodgy wrists - I knew that you were my better educated younger "twin" all along:rotfl:I now have steroid drops for my manky ears and have had a migraine for 24 hours , which has now gone .... a bit of a theme going on I think ??

kittikins - how exciting, a new chapter is about to begin for you in your new home.

DundeeDoll - just wondered ( marvelled actually ) at the amount that you have in your roadkill pot already this year . I have 21p ?? How is this?:)

5 for today

1. My last day until I go back to the workhouse tomorrow. Thought we would need to wait in for ages for various deliveries , but they all arrived by 9.30 am .

2. Went into town and got a wrist splint and various other bits with vouchers .

3. OH banked his tribunal cheque - he owes me quite a lot of money and I will pleased when the bank of Chicken has been replenished ! Which can all go towards next years ISA .

4.Two hens did "The Great Escape" in to the fenced off part of my garden ( in the vain hope that the grass grows) . I have no idea how they got in but they sure as heck didn't want to come back out .One saw my wrist splint and freaked out , even though it is flesh coloured .

5. OH got some chips for lunch and have just had Carbonara for tea .:)

Have a good evening all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Millie2008 wrote: »
    .... but we did meet one of GSD's friends, who is also a GSD and we all had a chat/bum sniff (the GSDs, not us, obv.)

:rotfl:Glad you added that last part

oldtractor ...hugs....sorry to hear you're feeling low, february blues? at least its almost march, hope the sun will come out for you tomorrow x

My 5 for yesterday:

1. day off work

2. DS (16 yo) having "breakdown" cos he lost his police support volunteer id/pass. Drove him up to gym and found in locker from night before ...crisis over

3. took a stack of books to charity shop

4. flogged an old "gate bracelet" to pawn shop :o never done that before but got £60 for it, so can now treat myself to some new clothes :j

5. went straight to bank and paid in the £60 so I wasnt tempted to blow it all immediately. Was entered into a free prize draw for £1000 Jon Lewis vouchers...fingers crossed

For today:

1. warm day
    2. Work still manic but everyone I spoke to was polite and patient which makes a change
    3. Felt calm for most of day and did not allow myself to get stressed
    4. Have made arrangements to go see a friend on monday so will look forward to that
    5. Tea was a disaster, lamb shanks were inedible, tough and fatty :( but garlic and herb roast potatoes veg and gravy were yumm
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Broomstick wrote: »
    1. DS1 was offered the p/t job on the spot.:T It lasts 'til Christmas.

Broomstick ....well done to your DS1 for getting the job, its so hard for them to get through the door so he must have really impressed them. I know my DS has applied for lots of jobs and they are lucky if they even get an acknowledgement
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all

1. Had a bit of a lie-in this morning, rather than getting up very early and doing work before getting ready. :D
    2. One of my classes worked really hard.
    3. Very productive meeting with my colleagues/friends. Nice to have time to actually talk about things.
    4. I went to the local co-op and only bought the sachet of sauce I'd gone for.
    5. Tea was nice. :D Another Aldi bargain it's worth getting again.
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

Hope you are all well.

I am feeling a little stressy this evening. I put another offer on the house.... I really would love it to be accepted... but in another way I am a little worried about paying for it!!! The estate agent is being rubbish but then that is par for the course. I think I may write to the owner of the agency and voice my displeasure.

I am also a little stressy because I have had to be so mean to the Kitty. The vet told me that I need to persevere with the nasty medication which makes him hypersalivate. I feel bad about it and now he's hiding from me :( I tried to make it as nice as possible by mixing it with the spring water from a can of tuna but that didn't help.

1) Walked into town with a colleague - it was good to get out and stretch our legs

2) Put in the offer

3) Had a chat with my eldest brother on the phone

4) Yummy leftovers for supper

5) Reverbed 2p.

Nighty night

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Millie2008_2
    Options
    OT - :cuddle: Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit sad. You are right, spring can't come quickly enough and just think of the long summer days just playing with your youngsters :) What have you got planned for them? xx

Chicken- wahhh, we are living parallel lives :D I shall keep you posted on my "falling apart" and we can compare symptoms :nods:

Mine for today

1. Lecture this morning went off ok and I did it in record time (normally 1.5 hours, I did it in 1 hour 10 minutes...odd)
    2. Homemade soup for lunch...nom!
    3. Haircut, paid for my the mothership because she is fed up of seeing it scraped back in a ponytail. This is NOT a pleasure for me, as I am a fidgetbum and the mothership also made me have it coloured away from my mousy-brown roots that are growing through. 2 hours!!!! later, I now have posh, poker straight hair (a bit lego-ish to be honest). It won't last, my hair is destined to be messy..huzzah!! I did a fair bit of marking while I was being dyed though!
    4. Made some more jewellery with rose quartz and freshwater pearls
    5. Fab parentals had sorted the zoo when I got home and are going to take charge tomorrow too, as I am out all day and going to see Dave Spikey (a la Phoenix Nights) tomorrow night. Woop!!

Hugs to anyone in need xx
  • Millie2008_2
    Options
    Ladyhawk- I will keep everything crossed for you xx and I hope your cat is better soon x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure