Anyone used www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk?

Options
We are wanting to buy this item: http://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/gbu0-prodshow/398.html

However I am a little nervous using the site as i haven't heard of it before and the money involved quite large - and wait times quite large too!:eek:

Alternatively has anyone seen this particular unit being sold elsewhere? I have googled my heart out but can't find this exact unit anywhere else(plenty similar but we want this particular one).

Thanks for any help.
Fortune's always hiding, I've looked everywhere......

Comments

• dj1771
    dj1771 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Hillfly,
    I have used this company and was delighted with them (I have no affiliation at all, just a happy customer!) I found I didn't have to wait as long as it said for my item either.
    I have shopped between both this company and "ContainerClearanceCompany" on E-bay. I e-mailed them to ask if it was the same people and they confirmed that it was their "sister company" and they had the same ranges etc. I have had a few items now and it is good solid stuff - although the delivery people in my area have gone down hill, the actual company has been great with good customer service. Definately recommend them, but look between the two sites as you sometimes get a better deal going direct rather than bidding a higher amount on e-bay. They do send second chance offers too, if you have put in a good bid, which is worth mentioning.
    Hope this helps.
    D.x
  • mug51
    mug51 Posts: 366 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i too have used this site, bought an oak sideboard from them and looked really good, although some bit had been knocked out of place by transit, and they sent out an exchange.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    WE bought several items from them through another store at the Ideal Home Exhibition, without knowing that the shop we were buying from was actually based about 4 miles from our home (Farnborough, Hants). I think the name is Woodhouse Furniture but I can check on that if necessary. I have to say That I am very pleased with the quality, everything is solid oak (even the backs and drawer bases), and it all looks very nice.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • TK555
    Options
    Hillfly wrote: »
    We are wanting to buy this item: http://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/gbu0-prodshow/398.html

However I am a little nervous using the site as i haven't heard of it before and the money involved quite large - and wait times quite large too!:eek:

Alternatively has anyone seen this particular unit being sold elsewhere? I have googled my heart out but can't find this exact unit anywhere else(plenty similar but we want this particular one).

Thanks for any help.

I would not personally recommend this site to anyone. I ordered a coffee table in early May and it was finally delivered at the end of July. I only received updates on the delay because I e-mailed. The fixtures required for assembly were missing and not available in hardware stores anywhere because they are not standard sizes. I have now phoned on five separate occasions and each time the promise to send appropriate fixtures was made. But I have received nothing and no apology either. A plank of wood and four sticks are no use to anyone
  • authorgary
    authorgary Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I'm currently in dispute with this company. The mago desk they delivered was structurally cracked. Customer services put this down to bad couriers. They have offered to knock 50 quid off the sale. Then they offered 70 quid discount instead. Then they offered a full refund. But all I want is a replacement. And they say this is not possible because the couriers would probably damage the replacement too! Another of my orders with them is in the pipeline, to be delivered by the same couriers.
    Bizarre.
    Now they tell me they cannot proceed further without photographic evidence of the damage...even though they have already made 3 offers of financial reparation based on my text description of the damage. (I do not have a camera.)
    I'm not sure whether my consumer rights can insist on a replacement to honour the contract, which is really what I want. It's not a discontinued line and they are still supplying the desk onsite and on ebay. But can I make them send a replacement...or must I accept the refund?
  • IHateDida
    IHateDida Posts: 1,670 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I've used them - I have a mango desk in my office from them - very nice - not quite as perfect as I imagined but its a solid piece of furniture and I rather like it - its a bit rough around the internal edges. I have also ordered a mango bookshelf from them and am still waiting - its been 16 weeks so far! But I ordered on a credit card just in case!!!

I was sent a discount code with Goodhousekeeping the other day - use by 30th Sept 08 - get 10% off - OFLGH300908. Wish I'd got it before ordering my bookshelf!
  • IHateDida
    Options
    authorgary wrote: »
    I'm currently in dispute with this company. The mago desk they delivered was structurally cracked. Customer services put this down to bad couriers. They have offered to knock 50 quid off the sale. Then they offered 70 quid discount instead. Then they offered a full refund. But all I want is a replacement. And they say this is not possible because the couriers would probably damage the replacement too! Another of my orders with them is in the pipeline, to be delivered by the same couriers.
    Bizarre.
    Now they tell me they cannot proceed further without photographic evidence of the damage...even though they have already made 3 offers of financial reparation based on my text description of the damage. (I do not have a camera.)
    I'm not sure whether my consumer rights can insist on a replacement to honour the contract, which is really what I want. It's not a discontinued line and they are still supplying the desk onsite and on ebay. But can I make them send a replacement...or must I accept the refund?

Why don't you settle for a full refund then (if they offered it) and then just order another???? (if you paid on your credit card you are protected by that also!):rolleyes: - and then also use the discount code above????
  • authorgary
    authorgary Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    That's a good thought. Especially if they refuse to provide a replacement.
  • Groovygirl
    Groovygirl Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow, spooky. I was looking at this company earlier and was going to post to see if anyone had used them. I had found some reviews 3/4 brilliant 1 wasnt happy cos damaged. Discount code as well - even better. I'm wondering now if someone is looking over my shoulder. LOL.
  • IHateDida
    Options
    authorgary wrote: »
    That's a good thought. Especially if they refuse to provide a replacement.

Well you'll be in a win-win situation - you'll get your full money back and then it won't cost you as much for the new one!!!! I only wish that I'd had the discount code earlier as I can't benefit from it :confused: But hopefully others can. I hope my mango bookshelf arrives in one piece now though after reading your experience....actually at the moment, I'd just like it to arrive!!! (I ordered it on Valentines day!!!):j I will be contacting my credit card company soon if it doesn't as I'd rather claim from them than the company by the sounds of it!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport