what are the best value dating sites?

Options

Comments

• sunny_d_2
    Options
    I must admit, my ex and I had to live in the same house for over a year until we sold it. We simply didn't have the money to go out and live somewhere else while still paying a mortgage.

Not an ideal situation, but we did try to remain civil to each other. We still get on now, although we see/speak to each other rarely. After we both moved out he met someone else (maybe had been seeing her before that?) a couple of months later.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Li0nhead wrote: »
    Is it not a funny situation when the ex is in the house and you come back with a different guy every week? :D
    :eek:

I'll have you know i've never brought anyone back! I'm a good girl :A

He's never here anyway, and he's away for definete on certain days so if i was going to bring someone back i'd pick one of those days ;)

That said he's never brought his gf back here either but i wouldn't mind if he did we get along fine (well bar me throwing a drink over her when they first got togeher.. :whistle: but she's forgiven me for that :rotfl:)

I can't afford to live on my own in my current situation and had no one else to live with (and no room at my parents), but hopefully when i get better come next year i'll have my own place (or be sharing with other friends)
  • bazzaboo
    bazzaboo Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, have recently registered on a dating site so all new to this. Could you lovely people tell me how soon after starting chatting you meet up? Just started chatting with a guy and he asked to meet straight away, even suggesting he could stay over? Sounds to me he's after only one thing so politely turned him down.
    I think I still have a lot to learn.
    :hello:
  • sunny_d_2
    Options
    bazzaboo wrote: »
    Hello, have recently registered on a dating site so all new to this. Could you lovely people tell me how soon after starting chatting you meet up? Just started chatting with a guy and he asked to meet straight away, even suggesting he could stay over? Sounds to me he's after only one thing so politely turned him down.
    I think I still have a lot to learn.

Hi, it's only about 3 weeks since i've been registered with them myself, haven't got to that stage with anyone yet :D What have you got on your profile? Looking for a long term relationship or something else? If you have 'anything' they may think you mean you are up for 'anything' lol

I have had messages from guys saying hi would like to get to know you better over a coffee or such like when I haven't even spoken to them yet.

I think everyone has their own view on when they should meet someone, I personally wouldn't until I had chatted with them for a few days at least and then spoken with them on the phone. I would need to feel comfortable.

Good luck :)
  • bazzaboo
    bazzaboo Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    sunny_d wrote: »
    Hi, it's only about 3 weeks since i've been registered with them myself, haven't got to that stage with anyone yet :D What have you got on your profile? Looking for a long term relationship or something else? If you have 'anything' they may think you mean you are up for 'anything' lol

I have had messages from guys saying hi would like to get to know you better over a coffee or such like when I haven't even spoken to them yet.

I think everyone has their own view on when they should meet someone, I personally wouldn't until I had chatted with them for a few days at least and then spoken with them on the phone. I would need to feel comfortable.

Good luck :)

I do have looking for a relationship. Haven't got any provocative pics on there either. I think I'll just listen to my gut instincts.
    :hello:
  • zoesmummy_2006
    Options
    ok so after the good 'date' on sunday he's now driving me mad again!!!!! He really is coming on too keen for me, im really not that amazing honest!!!! He told me last night that the highlight of his weekend was meeting me, that he really does think im great etc etc. I went out today and my battery died on my phone, it was 3 hours before i got home to charge it and when i got in i had 3 messages from him!!! when i replied saying id been to see my ill god daughter etc he replied saying "i thought you'd come to your senses...". He knew i was busy ironing last night but repeatedly text me!!!!!

I cant cope with this, and now i dont know what to do!!!! Im going out this weekend and I cant wait to go have some fun with my mates and drink and dance, but im sure he's gonna be texting me all night..........i will be ignoring it if he does. Im also ignoring him right now for a bit, i just wanna chill out and lie down and relax after a long day.

Im crap at letting blokes down-any advice?????
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just txt " I need some time out just now, I'll get back in touch with your presently" and delete each txt he sends as soon as you receive it.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • bajangal
    bajangal Posts: 538 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok so after the good 'date' on sunday he's now driving me mad again!!!!! He really is coming on too keen for me, im really not that amazing honest!!!! He told me last night that the highlight of his weekend was meeting me, that he really does think im great etc etc. I went out today and my battery died on my phone, it was 3 hours before i got home to charge it and when i got in i had 3 messages from him!!! when i replied saying id been to see my ill god daughter etc he replied saying "i thought you'd come to your senses...". He knew i was busy ironing last night but repeatedly text me!!!!!

I cant cope with this, and now i dont know what to do!!!! Im going out this weekend and I cant wait to go have some fun with my mates and drink and dance, but im sure he's gonna be texting me all night..........i will be ignoring it if he does. Im also ignoring him right now for a bit, i just wanna chill out and lie down and relax after a long day.

Im crap at letting blokes down-any advice?????

This is what I would do and what I have done:
    Reply to his text messages in your own time. Don't feel pressured to reply immediately.
    Let him know you are going out at the weekend and YOU will get in touch with him on Sunday. However, if he texts you while you're out - then I would be wary because he is coming over as possessive and insecure. You don't want one of those in your life.
    Only my opinion.
  • bajangal
    bajangal Posts: 538 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you have an adroid phone or such like, download the app AUTOREPLY. You can set it to send an autoreply to texts or phone calls. Mine says:
    "I could be driving, working or sleeping. I'll get back to you as soon as I can".
    If they send 5 messages they get 5 autoreplies.
    HTH
  • zoesmummy_2006
    Options
    seriously-thats cool lol!!! I like that haha, i do have an android phone so shall have a look. Hes not messaged me in over an hour so maybe he's getting the idea :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure