New Journey

Options

Comments

• Singlemumwithplans
    Options
    Hi cumbrialass, I've just caught up on your diary from the beginning and you are such an inspiration! Well done and I love that your still enjoying life as well as paying back the debt.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Singlemum thank you for reading my ramblings . Yes I enjoy life within a budget , otherwise I couldn't sustain the journey!
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    You are inspirational Cumbria. When I read your posts I think - this is how I need to be. Please keep sharing your journey with us. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    Options
    Thank you PSL , there are lots of inspirational people on this site . Just don't have time to read all the diaries .

On debt busting front , not been doing surveys as been very busy with work , then home life has been mortgaged every night .

NSD again today , but need to get back into survey swing as want to make £40 before next payday.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Cumbria a while ago you told me that it would help me if I had an incentive. Nothing really hit the spot to be honest.
    But yesterday I saw a house for sale I could afford if I had no debt. It is tiny - 2 beds, cottage, original features, garden not much bigger than my flat but would suit me perfectly. 5 mins from my current flat and much quieter. Hopefully when the time is right something equally nice will be for sale because I definately can't have this one but think this will help me a lot. Thank you.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    Options
    Some help needed please , I have £1200 in emergency fund. I live in rented accommodation but not furnshed. Ithink I would still be happy with around £750 in it.

I intend to use between £300/400 to pay car insurance outright leaving me with £800 left in EF.
    Now question is do I use the £30 that was the car insurance payment to pay more towards debt , as I will still be putting £50 a month in EF so in theory I will have £1400 in there next year at this time so could use the money again from EF to pay it. Or do I put the £30 away for next years insurance in a different account and still pay £50 in to EF.

I am leaning towards using the £30 to overpay the smaller cc .

Let me know what you think.
  • System
    Options
    It shows you PSL what you can aim for when you are rid of the debt. My incentive to shift my debt is to retire at 60 or at least to reduce my hours significantly.
  • System
    Options
    I am even thinking of when the EF is back up to £1000 which would be in Jan 2018 using that £50 towards smallest CC and really go for clearing it .
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If it was me I'd be paying the £30 off the highest debt. You've got a decent EF, so time to move to clearance.
  • System
    Options
    Have had letter today about od charges , I don't have od but it is my impression that banks are making od's very expensive to use , or am I reading it wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure