mooncup (Merged Discussion Thread)

Options

Comments

• HaushinkaGreenDay
    Options
    Hi Drea,

Just stumbled upon this thread and was on the edge of my seat for you - so sorry you had such a bad first time with the mooncup!

Glad you got it out in the end though - I had problems with mine the first few times, but I think I was tensing up as I find it slightly painful when the rim of the cup is coming out past the narrowest part of my ladybits, if you get my drift ;)

2 years on, though, I seem to have the opposite problem of leakage so maybe I need the bigger size now??!! lol

Anyway, I was just wondering if you bought the smallest size? Just a thought.

Good luck with any future attempts - try relaxing your jaw and taking deep breaths down into your stomach - I know it sounds odd, but I find it works :D

Let us know how you get on!

Haushinka
    MoneySaving comes naturally; I was born in Yorkshire :D
  • Drea
    Drea Posts: 9,892 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Drea,

Just stumbled upon this thread and was on the edge of my seat for you - so sorry you had such a bad first time with the mooncup!

Glad you got it out in the end though - I had problems with mine the first few times, but I think I was tensing up as I find it slightly painful when the rim of the cup is coming out past the narrowest part of my ladybits, if you get my drift ;)

2 years on, though, I seem to have the opposite problem of leakage so maybe I need the bigger size now??!! lol

Anyway, I was just wondering if you bought the smallest size? Just a thought.

Good luck with any future attempts - try relaxing your jaw and taking deep breaths down into your stomach - I know it sounds odd, but I find it works :D

Let us know how you get on!

Haushinka

Thanks :) I have the smaller size, maybe they need to invent an even smaller one :rotfl:

I am going to keep trying, so hopefully it gets easier. I do start to panic a bit which probably tenses me up. Hoping I get there in the end.
    Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake.
  • Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You do now know for certain that you CAN get it out - so hopefully that knowledge will help you relax a bit more. I'm glad you did though, we were all rooting for you!
  • HaushinkaGreenDay
    Options
    I reckon the Mooncup should be fully embraced by the medical profession, so that we can be properly 'sized up', like they already do with diaphrams - and have more than 2 sizes to accommodate different people!

That would save a LOT of hassle and landfill if the NHS were to offer fitting and a free first mooncup for all females! And start a scheme where, say, all 16-year-old females are offered the above as standard...

Hmm, petition to the PM??!!

Bet that would brighten his day :rotfl:
    MoneySaving comes naturally; I was born in Yorkshire :D
  • Drea
    Options
    I reckon the Mooncup should be fully embraced by the medical profession, so that we can be properly 'sized up', like they already do with diaphrams - and have more than 2 sizes to accommodate different people!

That would save a LOT of hassle and landfill if the NHS were to offer fitting and a free first mooncup for all females! And start a scheme where, say, all 16-year-old females are offered the above as standard...

Hmm, petition to the PM??!!

Bet that would brighten his day :rotfl:

Agreed :T

I think the size is probably the problem for me, would be good if I could get one that 'fits' me :rotfl:
  • oldMcDonald
    Options
    Drea wrote: »
    Thanks :) I have the smaller size, maybe they need to invent an even smaller one :rotfl:

I am going to keep trying, so hopefully it gets easier. I do start to panic a bit which probably tenses me up. Hoping I get there in the end.

Drea - are you pushing it a little too far up? The first couple of times I used my cup I went a little too high with it and had the hot / cold / clammy panic as i couldn't get the damn thing out again!
  • Drea
    Options
    I just got it out without a problem :D emptied it and put it back in! Now that's more like it :D
  • ruthiejane
    ruthiejane Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    Well done!!! I'm sure having done it once has helped you relax!! You must feel so much better!!
    ilovefreegle.org - give it away don't throw it away :)
  • Drea
    Options
    ruthiejane wrote: »
    Well done!!! I'm sure having done it once has helped you relax!! You must feel so much better!!

I do feel a lot better, I was worrying all day at work in case I couldn't get it out again :rotfl:

I guess it just needed a bit of practice :D
  • I love my moon cup.... I thought the idea repellant to start with, but someone I knew got me thinking and I think they are much more sanitary than tampons, you can leave it in for longer which makes it possible to usually get away with going about your normal business. I just revert to tampons if it's inconvenient (eg. going to a campsite or places where you can't sloosh the thing out in private!) and it's better for the environment, you an even get up to a bit more in the bedroom.... and of course it saves money! And actually I think the price is more like £8 than the £20 I have seen quoted elsewhere... Get one, they're great!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure