PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Table-top halogen ovens

Options

Comments

• furndire
    furndire Posts: 7,308 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One of the demo's suggested that you froth the water a little bit, and the bubbles get blown on to the side of the bowl.

I usually put a drop of water in the bowl, leave it for 3/4 mins, and use one of the washing up brushes to just brush off the dirt. It really is very quick to get clean - but I don't just rely on it cleaning itself.
  • craig777
    craig777 Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    Paula202 wrote: »
    Hi all

my oven has finally arrived and I used it tonight, not a great test just some crispy potato slices :) Mine is from Ideal World

Hi. I've been waiting for the idealworld halogen to come on-air but haven't seen it, nor can I find it on their website... I don't suppose you could find out the item number for me so I can check stock and order? Also, what bits and bobs come with the idealworld oven? Any extras apart from the high and low rack?
  • jinnyn_2
    Options
    I bought mine from idealworld. I got the extension ring,a frying plate, a steaming plate, a high rack, a low rack and the tongs. I think that the order no. will be different when they get a new order so just type (in the search) HALOGEN OVEN and if they have them it will come up. You are best getting one as soon as you see them as they sell out very soon.
  • helend
    helend Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me the wattage of a halogen oven please. This sounds ideal for camping but need to know how much electricity it pulls, as I don't want to trip a sites electric hook up
    Thanks
    Helen
  • SharonBugs
    Options
    :beer: Mine is 1100watts. I was thinking the samething too, that it would be an ideal thing to bring when travelling.

I used to bring my rice cooker with me when we go on holiday. It's easy to cook up some noodles or rice with toppings on top for my family to help strecth our holiday budget.

But the rice cooker is unable to grill or bake a pie bought from tesco. So now I can. And I suspect I will be able to cook rice and noodles in the halogen:rotfl:

SharonBugs.
  • craig777
    craig777 Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    The JML and Idealworld halogen ovens are both 1300w.

I haven't seen the halogen oven on Idealworld for months!
  • Lily-Lu
    Lily-Lu Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    helend wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me the wattage of a halogen oven please. This sounds ideal for camping but need to know how much electricity it pulls, as I don't want to trip a sites electric hook up
    Thanks
    Helen
    I've got the Cookshop one from Ideal World and it's 1300w.
  • jinnyn_2
    Options
    The halogen ovens were on idealworld early december 2008 and I just missed getting one. They were back on at the back end of january and that's when I got mine. They had 3 days of stock and they sold out on the first day.
  • Paula202
    Options
    craig777 wrote: »
    Hi. I've been waiting for the idealworld halogen to come on-air but haven't seen it, nor can I find it on their website... I don't suppose you could find out the item number for me so I can check stock and order? Also, what bits and bobs come with the idealworld oven? Any extras apart from the high and low rack?

Hi as another poster has said you get the extension ring, the frying plate, the steaming plate, 2 racks and the tongs. I couldn't find it on the website either but thought I would ring the customer services (i emailed first but was too impatient to wait on a reply) to see if they had any idea when they would be back in stock, the operator told me they had some in stock and I placed my order there and then :T. Although I had a reply to the email yesterday telling me that they were out of stock but I would give them a ring anyway. Its a great price as it includes the extra accessories.
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I experimented yesterday - 1 baked potato took 2 hours @ 200 degrees in my Flavourwave (I guess the timing would be the same no matter how many pots were being cooked). Does this sound about right?
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure