Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the positivity everyone, feeling a lot better now! I won't get too hopeful but will stay positive.

Good Luck with the job interview Rachy, I will be looking for a new job in the new year, have put it off for a while due to TTC but decided to just go for it and what will be will be xx
  • athensgeorgia
    Options
    I agree it's been quiet on here recently. I know I've been quiet because I had a few days off work and usually spend most of my time on here while I'm in work. AF arriving also hit me hard but she's gone now and I'm hoping to not be so queen of crazy town this cycle.

Congrats on the proposal Munchkin shame about AF though.

Congrats too to Cookie and Cherry.

Good luck on the job interview Rachy.

And finally thanks twig for doing the lists.
  • hotcookie101
    Options
    twigpig wrote: »
    Welcome chickenmamma, lost of baby dust coming your way, let me know if you want to be added to the lists.... :wave:

Hotcookie, in my area, you ring the gp receptionist and they will refer you to the midwife team, they then contact you to arrange a 'booking in appt' at 8 weeks, basically a load of forms.

Usually no need to see gp, or even the nurse. Hope that helps.

Thanks again to everyone for the welcome. I had to go see the GP today, no testing was done, but has referred me to midwifery and should get the booking in appointment soon I hope. Had my flu jab too.
    Just keeping my fingers crossed now, don't think I'll be able to relax until the scan...
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 November 2016 at 9:14PM
    Options
    Thanks for taking over the lists twigpig :) I found it easier to click quote, take off the top and bottom quote bits off and then just update the bits in the middle - if that's makes sense haha! We can't update the front page anymore as you can't edit someone else's post and sexymouse originally posted/started this thread off and I took over a few weeks after she got her BFP. We decided to keep this one going though instead of starting a new one just as it had some useful bits/experiences in for new triers to read :)

Think I would wait the additional month too ChickenEmma, because if it does hit you with nausea/sickness plus the fatigue it will just take the edge off your day which would be a shame. Obviously it's completely personal choice though.

Good luck for your interview Rachylou!!
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    A0503 wrote: »

Good Luck with the job interview Rachy, I will be looking for a new job in the new year, have put it off for a while due to TTC but decided to just go for it and what will be will be xx

This was me but almost whole year has gone by, which is frustrating. It would be a pain in the backside to have to leave to have a baby in a new post but that's life and no-one should let it stop them getting a job they want. I am unhappy where I am so need some happiness back in my daily routine especially with this journey being such a rollercoaster

Thanks everyone else for the luck - it's a step up so I am really hoping it goes my way :)
  • Orange_Candle
    Options
    May I join?

TTC #1, this will be cycle 3 for us. On CD4 now and have caved and bought some OPKs online. Hoping I bought the right thing - no idea what I was looking for! Tried using Ovia to track my cycle but aside from cramps when AF is due I don't get many symptoms with my cycle so I am unsure when I actually ov.

I've been lurking for the last month or so and have appreciated the tips and advice I have seen so far, even if its not been directed at me! Baby dust to all x
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    Welcome Orange Candle
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 24 November 2016 at 11:27AM
    Options
    A0503 - Glad you're feeling better and good luck job hunting too :)

hey athens - nice to have some quiet time at work ;) I'm a 'crazy town' member too :rotfl:

that's great hotcookie - have you checked in on the <12 week thread yet? there will be a few waiting like you. I think everyone is nervous until their scan date (and beyond.... lol)

thanks newthrift, I pasted a copy with all the code bits into notes and then pasted from there, the quote is probably easier! thanks. How are you feeling?

fingers crossed rachylou - hope you get decent mat leave too. My company increased the min. tenure to 3 years now for months full pay. I think that's too high...

welcome orange_candle :wave: I'll pop you on the list :). If you have any questions on the opk's, just shout. I used the really cheap ones from amazon before and they did a good job
    TTC #3..........
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 24 November 2016 at 11:29AM
    Options
    TTC thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD40 twigpig - 8DPO https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/353d56/

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD4 - Orange_Candle - Awaiting ov
    CD8 Claire_A87 - Awaiting ov
    CD11 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov
    CD14 chickenmama - Awaiting ov
    CD16 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD18 ButterflyBabe - Awaiting ov
    CD26 PeppaCoin - Awaiting ov
    CD36 angel11 - Awaiting ov
    CD55 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov
    CD61 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov
    CD79 kira000 - Awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD71 LittleMissGiggle -
    CD178 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T
    Cherrygale BFP 19/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    TTC #3..........
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not to bad thanks, nausea is a constant friend atm and I had my first booking app today which was nice as finally feels like things are happening. 10weeks already, time flies!

Hotcookie - pop over to <12weeks and you'll find us all in the same boat, like twigpig says.

Sticky babydust all round xx
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family