PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Firstly a late pleasure for yesterday: a friend asked if I wanted to join him and some of his friends on a trip to France next week, as one of the group had had to pull out and they have a spare ticket. Sadly I can't go (I don't have a valid passport, for one thing :o), but it was very kind of him to ask. :A

And for today:

1) Booked the hotel for my trip to Birmingham later in the year, and, thanks to the wonder of the internet, I was able to compare various places to get a really good price, and cashback too. :money: (Millie and VJsmum - I'll PM you the dates a bit nearer the time to see if you'll be around to meet up for a coffee. :))

2) Renewed my car insurance and got a discount on an already reasonable quote when I pointed out the same policy was available for less online, and I'll get N3ctar points as I went via a particular comparison site. :money:

3) The car insurance took a while to sort out, but it meant I had plenty of time to chat with the lovely lady on the CS desk about her life as an international student at a Scottish university. (Not yours, DD - different city! ;))

4) Popped up to the shops and got home just as the heavens opened.

5) I've been feeling dozy and off-colour all day so I'm going to have a lazy evening with tennis, broad beans (which need podding) and a glass or two of wobbleade. :beer:

Tealady - wow, Wimbledon tickets - you lucky bunny! Have a fantastic time.

PK - hope today was a better day for you.

DD- I didn't see the match last night as I was at a quiz in a pub which doesn't have a TV - the best I could do was keep an eye on the score on my mobile. I've been backing Italy to win since before the competition started, and am now wishing I'd put some money on them, even though I don't usually bet! ;)

Have a nice evening, all.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    evening all.... 5 for today

1. crumpets for breakfast

2. Its Friday, now have a week off work :j

3. Work collegues gave me early birthday pressie nice beads and earrings and £20 BnQ voucher :D so can buy more paint

4. Payday and still managed a NSD

5. Did I mention I now have a week off work :j

Wishing you all a good weekend x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all!

Tealady- get you ! Centre Court and Ascot ( are you going on the July 20th???) enjoy !!!

Skint - enjoy your week off !!:D

KB- ((hugs)) Keep calm and carry on xx

PK- ((hugs)) to you too ! Kick that females butt who is annoying you so much ;)

Sparrer - I only take the Michael out of people I like ;)

5 for today

1. Day off.:D

2. Had my flaxen forelock cut using the remaining credit on a voucher that my sister gave me for my birthday. I can SEE !

3.Two lots of washing dried and put away.

4. Made OH some meatballs for tea using posh sausages - he can have the rest tomorrow.

5. Pay day

Have a fab weekend all!
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    5 for today so far (Friday)

1) Bigger son will be back from France in less than 2 hours!

2) Went to mum and dad's this morning.

3) Did sainsburys, library, charity shops etc.

4) House quite clean and all washing done ready for bigger son's massive load shortly!

5) Kittens have suddenly grown large enough to get out of their basket. :-)

6) Off to a friend's in a minute to take her birthday present.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Sugar Shack sounds fun, VJsmum. Read an article about American pancakes this morning and have been craving them with maple syrup ever since!

One of the bigger disappointments of going to America in 2002 (alongside only seeing 1 'American' car there, a Cadillac, parked on someone's lawn as a display item) was discovering that American pancakes are drop scones/Scotch pancakes/pikelets. Names vary, but that's what they are.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Chicken - We are going to Ascot on the 27th July. As to Wimbledon this is definetly a case of not what you know but who you know. SIL gets so many free tickets each year and has been really good at giving some to us, not that we hint or anything:D
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    KB well done on the weight loss :)
    Frith hope both your little chicks are back in the nest now, and the older one has lots of lovely tales to tell
    Tealady wow, tickets to Wimbers, what a super present! And Ascot too -but are you not going to make it a hat trick and take in Henley as well?!
    CCP hope you're feeling better, and enjoy the broad beans, one of my favourite veggies
    TILAMS hope all went well at the quacks
    Chicken Thanks, I never thought of using sausage for meatballs. I love Cumberland sausages and think they'd be quite yum

1. A lie-in this morning as no gym because I'm driving on sludge but it's pay day tomorrow :). So NSD/NPD
    2. After a couple of false starts it turned out to be a lovely sunny, breezy day so I got the towels, bath mats etc., dry outside
    3. The chicken curry portioned into nine padded out with some left over fusilli in some, and some frozen mash in the others. It was lazy of me to buy it :o and it's been in the freezer since last year but put to use at last
    4. The kitchen got washed down to within an inch of its life, just the floor to do before I go to bed
    5. Gave DNeighbour an assortment of herbs from the garden, they've really taken off and needed thinning out

Night night, sleep tight :)
  • Blooming physio department. Rung three tiems now, no ring back and no answer. Cor, do not gets me started. Quacks and Slacks I think. Still, the tests are not back yet. Nor am I eating marmite, but Ms Sonny is out at the mo getting come soya milk stuff. If it taste carp, I shall not be a bunny, but a meany beastie.

5 Had a mega beast for breakfast. local butchers supplied Pork and Leek bangers, spitting under grill, with dry cured smoked back. Remnants of last Sunday Mustard Mash, with chopped onions, Baked Beans, Mushrooms and Poached Egg, done in water, not one of them rubbertoid things! Result perfection and Ms Sonny sat there eating hot toasted Crumpet, buttered with marmite. Cheely eh!

4 Note better than slapping hand on tummy and feeling a right fatty after that.

3 Thinks Ms Sonny and mes will be swimming in the wobbleade later. Wonder if shes going to put her glad rags on again

2 Off to farmers market now to look. I do not buy, as I would put my local butcher and grocer out of business. Plus it is rather more expensive. Eggs at butcher 95p, at market, £1.45 now. After a mega beast, got to save the p's.

1 It leads to another, piles up it does. One onto another. It is not easy being wrong, about the world. To live in a state of evil warfare. But why are you so ignorant of the peace?

Note. Skid Marks in 1982, do not call me skid anymore! His brother was killed on Sir Galahad. We were just back from another send off for the Vulcan. Agreed to participate in Remembrance Sunday every year afterwards, and throw the first poppy into the trash, as Skid's brother life was thrown away itself. To have a day for this and day for that, dilutes the meaning of Remembrance.
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Home far too late to post last night
    1) got a whole day's marking in :T no meetings, no interruptions (apart from nice phd student who always makes me a latte at 4) which means i only have 3 in my markinqg pile. Very nice feeling (get marking in newrly every day and cant remember last time i got it down to single figures!)
    2) DD1 wnet to friends for cocktails. I found our shaker at the back of a cupboard :beer:
    3) DD1 has just appeared and i asked her how the cocktails went. They has 'georges marvellous medicine' which apparently is rum, cherry sourz and coke. Their plans for trying different cocktails was stymied when they realised the mismatch between what they had to spend and the price of a mix of alocohol :rotfl:
    4) friend brought her wee grandson to book club. He was due next week and mum and dad had booked to see jimmy carr as a last treat but she started to go into labour week 34. Birth was delayed 2 weeks and he's doing brilliantly. I got to hold him for quite a while. Reminds you of the real joys in life:)
    5) got home safe and sound (but very late!)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    TILAMS - soya milk unnoticeable in bread sauce, custard and porridge. Sons don't notice it on cereal. You might find it a bit rich in cups of tea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure