Cross Stitch Cafe 2016 - Spend Less and Stitch More

Options

Comments

• Mrs_ceejay
    Mrs_ceejay Posts: 306 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Coxy,
    u are making me feel guilty,can't get my mind on my sewing,haven't picked it up all week,have made the teddy that was free from one of the magazines.
    Have a good weekend
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi guys, sorry for my absence been busy getting our new business venture off the ground, its been lots of painting files and printing cute dinosaurs, haha. I have stitched a card for my mum and framed my Butterfly stitch.

butterflyandblooms_framed_zps7ufnyhat.jpg

mum_bday2016_zpsbfporazq.jpg

Coxy, love the framed harvest picture your framer did a great job, look forward to the framed hens. Those drummers are so cute, I really like the purple jackets.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lovely framed piece nmm - the aperture is a gorgeous colour and really brings out the blues in the design. I considered an aubergine thin aperture with a wide white border for the hens but in the end went for green. The card is fab - where is that design from?

This is an update on Collecting Shells. There's a lot of white in the dress which probably can't be picked out. Anyway, I'm back in love with it after doing the hens and knitting the drummers, so I have set myself a target of my birthday in September to get it finished aaaargh!

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af292/coxy11_album/Mobile%20Uploads/image_13.jpeg

(hoping that works as on laptop rather than ipad)

I hope those that are struggling to find their mojos and/or the time to stitch have a breakthrough soon. I really miss my stitching when I don't have the time to do it. I find it helps with my stress/anxiety levels which can at times be debilitating.

Have a good weekend all
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Thanks coxy, the aperture is just a piece of a4 card that I had and the circle was cut out using my compass cutter, really simple but looks good :) The card was just a image I found on google search and copied it, sorry i'm bad for doing that but I was in a rush and its only for my mum not to resell.
  • Snorkypants
    Options
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    Hi lovelies,

I just went to the framers to collect the harvest piece I had framed. Really pleased with it, and have left the hens with him which should be ready by the end of August (needed for October). He is not cheap - this cost £36 but having had a really bad experience with our local framer which resulted in me and DH taking a piece apart and starting over, I think it's worth the money. Hens will be £43.

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af292/coxy11_album/Mobile%20Uploads/image_12.jpeg

The hens will have a similar oak frame and a double border of pale green and white. Hope my friend approves!

It's really quiet on here. Where is everybody? I'm still plodding on with a Collecting Shells although I haven't done any this week. May do some tonight after tea. Debating whether to go to Ally Pally in October. I didn't go last year as had too much stash (not a lot has changed there!) but I didn't get any cross stitch bits in York so would love to have a browse. Will probably take a day off work and go on the Thursday.

Hope all are well.
    Coxy

Coxy, I'm also in Kent and will have 3 cross stitch pieces to get framed soon-ish. Could you please tell me where you are getting yours done as I need to start thinking about this?

Thanks!
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Debating whether to go to Ally Pally in October. I didn't go last year as had too much stash (not a lot has changed there!) but I didn't get any cross stitch bits in York so would love to have a browse. Will probably take a day off work and go on the Thursday.

Hope all are well.
    Coxy

I was umming and aahing too about Ally Pally. It's my 50th Birthday on the Monday after though and I know DH is scheming so can't book to go!

Don't really NEED anything as been knitting a lot instead of stitching so will probably wait for Sandown Park in January as a much easier journey for me!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member Number 44
    :rudolf:Cross Stitch Is For Life Not Just For Christmas :rudolf:
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hi Snorkypants, the framer I use is this one:

http://www.oadstreetcentre.co.uk/page3.html

Lovely husband and wife team I would highly recommend.

Hi tricksie, lovely to 'see' you.

No stitching done this week - too engrossed in the olympics! Must try harder lol.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Hi guys, I've been too busy to do a big project so i'm going to make a start on my Christmas cards, I know I know it's too early :rotfl:
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Ha nmm, never too early! I think if we do a Christmas exchange this year it will be just me and you! Haven't heard from others on here for ages. Perhaps if they are reading they will pop in to let us know they are okay. Where is FoS for example, hope she's okay?

Another night spent in front of the olympics! I managed a bit of stitching on Thursday afternoon, but apart from that not a lot else done this week. Must do some today, I really must.

Have a great day,
    Coxy
  • Snorkypants
    Options
    Hi Snorkypants, the framer I use is this one:

http://www.oadstreetcentre.co.uk/page3.html

Lovely husband and wife team I would highly recommend.

Hi tricksie, lovely to 'see' you.

No stitching done this week - too engrossed in the olympics! Must try harder lol.
    Coxy

Thanks Coxy, that's great, I've saved the link for future reference
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family