Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• danzinsky
    Options
    Hi Lee,

WRT135 [#17133056]

Can you look in to my query for me.

I have 3 old Vodafone accounts still showing on my credit report - they report as 'Active' and 'Payments up to date' every month with no missed payments etc. I only have 1 active account with Vodafone.

Thanks.
  • braduk2k
    Options
    Account Number: 7022233796

Trying to get a mortgage.
    Vodafone has screwed that up…

I now have an unfair Default on my account when I was promised it was closed and paid up in March. Subsequent late payments have been added to file and a default. Even though I have had various discussions between then and various false promises it had been resolved.
    • Told on 20th of March 2017 account was complete and up to date
    • Seen Vodafone on WATCHDOG in June for this same issue about not updating credit files correctly - Called up. Told was balance outstanding but could see was!there!issue. Would be cleared and email sent to Credit Report Department to Fix. LIES
    • Webchat on 28th of June 2017 also - call record allegedly lost
    • August got an email from Debt Collection agency
    • Called again on 2nd of September 2017. Had to make a payment. Twice told was!there!error.
    • Promised a call back from Manager to confirm credit file had been fixed due to Vodafone error

DETAILS CAPTURED OF CALL BACK THAT NEVER HAPPENED:
    > Call Handler Huda Aladin
    > Billing Department - Egypt
    > Call Request - ID: 1-7chyjqm5!
    > Manager Name who promised call back - Huda Hassan

NO CALL BACK EVER PROVIDED
    • - Today 10th October - 1 hour in Vodafone store again, no progress. No credit file remediation

As of today 10th of October 2017 I have an unfair Default now on Credit File. When should have been marked as Closed in!March. £32

All as per WATCHDOG episode outlined with outlined with countless people having the same issue.

Also Ex Vodafone Employee.
    Now I CANNOT GET MORTGAGE.
    SHAMEFUL. NEED FIXING TODAY

My credit file needs updating to reflect the information I was advised in March when closing the account, that the balance was up to date and no further charges would be incurred. Feel free to review the call logs. Requested this once already for the call in June. Told call logs lost. How very convenient… For Vodafone

Thanks a lot. Great way to treat an ex Employee and previously loyal customer…
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Re-posting on the right thread won't get you anywhere. You need to follow the advice previously given and repeatedly spelled out on this thread.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi danzinsky,

I've checked your email reference and can see that one of my colleagues replied to you last week.

Hi gerdo and braduk2k,

Thanks for making me aware of your experiences.

If you still need help, email us via the contact details provided in post 1128 above.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • PeterOHanrahanrahan
    Options
    Submitted earlier today, WRT135 [#17184865]
    Would appreciate this being looked into, thanks.
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi PeterOHanrahanrahan,

We've got your email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fedup_withvodafone
    Options
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi,

I've checked your email reference number and can see that one of my colleagues replied to you on 20 September.

If you still need help, please reply to the email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Lee,

Unfortunately nobody has replied to me since that email which was just an automated email—I presume—saying that someone else (supposedly you?) was dealing with my enquiry and therefore no action could be taken.
    It just seems like nobody wants to get back to me at all? I find it a bit worrysome considering you seem to be the most reliable person to go to in order to solve complaints like mine and if that's how it's been dealt with I'm kind of starting to lose hope. :(
  • ajames90
    ajames90 Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2017 at 6:43PM
    Options
    My ongoing issue with Vodafone. Literally the worst customer service going and caused me much stress and added anxiety.

My issue started back in June 2016, after I had already complained about a one off charge that was added to my bill.

Vodafone added another one off charge (£103.94), without notice or any reason why. I went onto live chat to dispute it and was promised the charges would be removed.
    It took 5 months and several calls/live chats to try and resolve the issues which after I complained the charge was finally removed in November 2016.
    During the time my bill was in dispute, I cancelled by direct debit, as otherwise they would have taken the amount for the one off charge which they said they would remove but took months to do so.
    There was never an option given to me to make payment for the correct part of my bill or to set aside the amount I was disputing from my bill during the 5 months. Had they told me I could continue to pay my usual line rental whilst the part of my bill was under query, I would have.

Anyway, the bill for November arrived and the charge was finally removed. This left £334.94 to pay which is the line rental I owed whilst the account was in dispute. Shortly after by November bill reflecting the correct amount, Vodafone disconnected my phone line.

I went through to Vodafone to pay the whole £334 and to reinstate the phone line and they advised the account was passed through to a Debt Recovery firm (Zinc) and that I had to speak to them. Remember this happened just after they sent Novembers bill which had the incorrect charges removed.

I spoke with Zinc and said could I make a payment but wanted to know if I made the payment if my phone line would be reinstated. They said they would have to pass that query back onto Vodafone and that they would come back to me.

It came to January 2017 and I hadn't heard anything from Vodafone to I assumed that my account was closed.

In July 2017 I checked by credit record and could see bill had increased to £1,120.47. Which was a shock as the last I heard it was £334.94 (Novembers bill & the amount passed over to Zinc), but I hadn't heard from Vodafone at all.

I spoke with Vodafone and they said the account still was with Zinc. I called Zinc, they said the account is closed and was closed in January 2017 and it's nothing to do with them, went back to Vodafone they said they would get back to me. They never did. I spoke with the Vodafone credit file team to ask them to remove the charges or at least show my account was under query on my credit record. At this point they agreed to take away the one off charge which would leave me £334.94 to pay. Which I agreed to. They said they would speak with Zinc as apparently the account was still with them.
    I didn't hear anything back so I made a complaint. I raised the complaint in July and received a letter in September apologising for the delay and asked me to call them. Which I did, again was promised the charge would be removed leaving £334.94 to pay and that she would call me back once the account was handed back over to Vodafone from Zinc. Surprise surprise, didn't hear back from Vodafone, AGAIN!.

So as the complaint is still outstanding and as it was over 8 weeks since I raised it, I logged a complaint with the Ombudsman. I am now claiming for all charges to be removed (even the £334.94 which I originally agreed I should pay had they removed the other charge initially), as well claiming for 10.5 hours of my time I have taken to deal with Vodafone (which I have kept a record of). I also suffer from anxiety and took two days annual leave to deal with these issues, so I am also claiming for them to reimburse me for the days I took off.

Ombudsman are now looking into my complaint, but has anyone had anything similar which they took to Ombudsman and what was the outcome?

Also surely Vodafone should have updated my credit record when I was querying the account?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi ajames90,

As your complaint is currently being investigated by the Ombudsman, you'll need to wait for them to contact you with their conclusion.
    Hi Lee,

Unfortunately nobody has replied to me since that email which was just an automated email—I presume—saying that someone else (supposedly you?) was dealing with my enquiry and therefore no action could be taken.
    It just seems like nobody wants to get back to me at all? I find it a bit worrysome considering you seem to be the most reliable person to go to in order to solve complaints like mine and if that's how it's been dealt with I'm kind of starting to lose hope. :(

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been updated since 20 September.

So I can check your account to see what's going on, please reply to my colleague's email.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
  • ajames90
    Options
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi ajames90,

As your complaint is currently being investigated by the Ombudsman, you'll need to wait for them to contact you with their conclusion.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been updated since 20 September.

So I can check your account to see what's going on, please reply to my colleague's email.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media

Yes I am fully aware that I have to wait for Ombudsman to come back to me.

I've made my post to ask other forum users for similar situations and how what the outcome was for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure