Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for coming back to me.

If the agreement was to refund the total amount of £350 (inc. VAT) then credits totalling this amount would be applied to your account.

If a further bill had been issued before the credits were applied, the credits would go against this bill with the remaining credit balance being refunded to you.

If you'd like us to check things again, please reply to the last email you received from us.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Jac24601
    Options
    Hi Lee
    Please help! 16810667 & 16810507
    Thank you
  • Computersaysno
    Options
    Vodaphone keep chasing me for £700. Every single time I ring up they say ...oh yes we can see you don't actually owe us anything, we will sort that out and you'll hear no more. Then the next month I get the same texts only now it's gone up by another £50 or so.

Had enough...I've left them after 10+ years, and I'm looking to send an LBA and take them for multiple DPA breaches.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Why ring up when it's clear you're wasting your time. Not sure the small claims court will be of much comfort without proof of finance loss, among other things. Personally, I'd keep my eye on the ball and esnure there are no adverse entries on my external credit files which which prove a nightmare for the next six years and follow the repeated advice over many years on this and other threads to contact the WRT if you actually want to get anywhere.
  • epthree
    epthree Posts: 18 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I decided i'd like to share the story of Vodafone experience.

A few months ago now I went on holiday for a week and while I was there my data ran out (I like to watch videos on YouTube while i'm round the pool and browse social media at night etc..)

Luckily they sent me a text to let me know I was almost out so I added an additional 20GB of data on for £20 to last me the for the remainder of the holiday, I was informed that as long as I cancelled this 2 days before my next bill date the add-on wouldn't be applied the following month although I would instantly lose access to the extra data, i'm usually on WiFi while i'm at home/work so this didn't bother me too much, although it did seem a little stingy.

2 days before the bill date I logged onto the app to cancel the add-on, however this time it made me disconnect from WiFi to launch the app (usually you have to do this the first time you ever launch the app so the app knows the details of your contract) which seemed strange as i'd only ever done this once originally and haven't had to do it since.

After I took the extra data add-on off I was instantly charged £6.75 for using 0.013MB of data outside of my allowance which was the data I used to turn off the additional 20GB (of which I had 3GB remaining) as the extra is revoked instantly and the remainder of your plan data (1.2GB left when I purchased the add on) is used before the additional data you purchase.

After an hour or so moaning to them they agreed to refund the cost, however I had to call once and then speak to them twice on live chat

Luckily, my contract at Vodafone is going to expire in the next 2 months, and I have a friend at EE who will be getting me a new one with 30% + £5 staff discount off each month, hopefully their customer service is better!
  • Computersaysno
    Options
    contact the WRT

How do I do that?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Having written that on this thread endless times - apart from the dozens of times the Vodafone reps have too - I recommend you bother to read some of it. Start backwards and it will take less time that I took to write this.
  • chloeos
    chloeos Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 1 September 2017 at 7:38PM
    Options
    Hi Lee,

We had some correspondence back in July regarding an incorrect default that was placed on my credit record. After months of trying to get the issue resolved, you were fantastic and helped me solve the problem and promised to have the account (and subsequent default) removed from my credit file.

Unfortunately, six weeks later, it is still showing on my file. Worryingly, it appears to be a new default as it says that the account was opened in July 2017 and it is showing now as 'unsettled'. I'm sick with worry about this as my boyfriend and I are looking to take out a mortgage very soon, and we do not want to begin the process whilst this error is still showing on my credit file.

Please get back to me as soon as you can to discuss getting this removed (as agreed in many emails from you and your team)

Thanks in advance, my reference number is 16850450.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi all,

Jac24601, I've checked your email references and can see that we replied on 28 August.

Computersaysno, If you still help with your account, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

chloeos, I've got your email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • joejm
    joejm Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Power to you! I am not 100% sure what /why Vodafone use this ad campaign! My recent experience with them doesn’t reflect anything otherwise. Recently, to be precise on 28th of April I bought a brand new Sony Xperia hand set from their shop in Hampstead heath. The sales advisor informed me that for the budget I have this is the best phone in the market and I took his advice not to know that this phone is going to give me such a headache. The reason why I bought the Sony hand set is because the phone which I bought in December 2017, a Vodafone own brand stopped working along with the micro memory card which they sold me!!

Power to you!!!! NO “Money to you” I should say!!!

The Sony Xperia worked well for few months and on the third week of August it started playing up and it was getting frozen, blurry and overheating. And then on 18th of August the phone completely stopped charging. I rang the customer service who informed me that they have such phone under my file first and then after a short while he said he can see the purchase. He informed me that I can go to the nearest vodaphone shop and asked them to reboot the software and if that won’t work then they will send it for the repair and they will give me a courtesy phone. So I went visited Vodafone at Lewisham and they did the software reboot. When they handed me the phone he said “ here you go all done” but I when I checked the phone the screen was still blurry. He then advised me to send the phone for repair as this is a software issue but he can’t give me a courtesy phone so I informed him that I will go to the shop where I purchased the phone.

On 22nd of August I visited the Hampstead high street shop and I was served by a gentleman called Alexander and I explained the situation and his immediate response was “what do you want me to do?” . I was shell shocked by his attitude, here I am stuck with a phone which has some sort of software issues and did not expect such a appalling customer service. His next question was –“ have you dropped the phone”. I handed the phone to him and asked him to check it by yourself and he checked it thoroughly.

He then informed me that it will take 5 working days to fix the phone. Then on Friday the 29th of August I received a call from a repair centre saying that they have received my phone and it has cracked. I informed him that when I handed the phone in the shop Alexander has checked the phone and confirmed on the vodaphone oracle system that the phone was in excellent condition and I won’t pay for any damage happened during transit. He then told me that they will contact the shop and liaise directly. Again on Monday the 4th of September I got a call from repair centre informing that I have cracked the phone and I have to bear the costs. I explained him that I have already spoken to his colleague previously informing the same thing and he need to speak to the Vodaphone shop. I stated that you cannot put the blame on me for phone not working and he will contact the shop and do the needful.

Then on 6th of September, forget about the 5 day commitment - 10 working days to be precise, I received a text message saying that the phone is ready to collect and not to my surprise they have simply send the phone with a covering letter stating they weren’t able to fix the phone as it was not covering under the warranty and they tried to contact me but haven’t been able to reach me!!!!!!!! what an audacity or stupidity to put such a false claim in writing!!!!!when I have already spoken to them twice!!!!!!!

The sales advisor this time was very polite and informed me that he have seen similar scenarios previously with other customers and the best course of action for me is to take the phone to a nearest Sony centre!

I quote one more time your marketing jargon - “ Power to you” – in what sense!!!

I checked on the Sony website and it is showing me the nearest authorised repair centre is Vodafone Hampstead high street. What am I supposed to do!!! “POWER TO YOU” or “MORE MONEY TO YOU”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure