October 2015 Weddings

Options
12345679»

Comments

• PRINCESSX87
    PRINCESSX87 Posts: 969 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.

Been very quite on here recently. Can only think your all busy with planning and prep!

I however, Am stuck with bridesmaids dresses. I have my MOH who is in her late 30’s. Two teenagers, 15 & 17 and two little ones. The younger ones are easy & pretty much done. (Buying their dresses last minute in case they decide to grow more!)

Finding dresses that suits everyone’s tastes, sizes, and something they can all reuse later on is proving difficult. I do want to get them as cheap as possible without them looking awful. Only because the teenagers will only grow out of them over time or decide that no longer like them (Joys of teenagers) Anyone know any reasonably priced places?

Another problem we’re having is having a idea of what our reception will look like, Neither of us are creative so this is proving a right struggle. We are having a relaxed setting with a disco and buffet, rather than table plans, sit down meals ect.

Anyone else dreading the postman? All the bills for our day is piling in now making it feel more real, Our poor budget!
    Future goals:
    Become debt free.
    Beat Depression.
    Be happy & healthy
  • Fuzzy_Duck
    Fuzzy_Duck Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all.

Been very quite on here recently. Can only think your all busy with planning and prep!

I however, Am stuck with bridesmaids dresses. I have my MOH who is in her late 30’s. Two teenagers, 15 & 17 and two little ones. The younger ones are easy & pretty much done. (Buying their dresses last minute in case they decide to grow more!)

Finding dresses that suits everyone’s tastes, sizes, and something they can all reuse later on is proving difficult. I do want to get them as cheap as possible without them looking awful. Only because the teenagers will only grow out of them over time or decide that no longer like them (Joys of teenagers) Anyone know any reasonably priced places?

Another problem we’re having is having a idea of what our reception will look like, Neither of us are creative so this is proving a right struggle. We are having a relaxed setting with a disco and buffet, rather than table plans, sit down meals ect.

Anyone else dreading the postman? All the bills for our day is piling in now making it feel more real, Our poor budget!

I haven't really got anything to do at the moment! We recently got our honeymoon booked, STDs sorted and the catering finalised. We've pretty much just got to buy our rings, H2B's suit and the bridesmaid/best men outfits. H2B is insisting we can do rings last minute, god knows when he'll get the incentive to go suit shopping, and the bridesmaids will need to be wait because some of them are trying to lose weight currently.

Have you seen those twist and wrap dresses? They're a great option if you want the same material in different styles to suit. BHS and Etsy have the cheapest ones from what I've seen.
  • skintbuthappy81
    Options
    Where are you girls? Time is ticking arghhhh I have less than 6 months to go now.

Since I was last on here we have chose OH suit, we need to arrange fittings for the other men now.

Picked up our wedding rings.

Invites all done and most have now been sent out.

We have done our food tasting at our venue, we now have an appointment on 13th June to arrange the drinks package and what food we have decided on.

Also booked an appointment with the florist on the same date.

Phew still so much to do
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • Pink_Princess13
    Options
    Can I join?? We got engaged just before Christmas and started planning in the new year. After what feels like forever trying to find a suitable venue we have finally booked our wedding for October 24th! So far (since yesterday!) we have booked the band, church, reception and photographer. I also have the cake sorted (my Mum is making it) and save the dates are being printed (I did the design in advance so just had to confirm the date). Also I brought my dress and vail last month so they're sorted too, which I think is most of the big stuff and definitely the stuff which is most important to us.

There is still loads to do (I've got transport and wedding day beauty next on my list) but I'm pretty confident I can get it sorted! I'm lucky as my bridesmaids are being great and my OH is really involved so now I'm just excited as actually having a date makes it feel real!!

How's everyone else doing?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport