I WILL get there!!

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry have been rubbish at updating!! Abba and sashy - I really like the idea of the zopa loans - I can't wait to start OPing on that :D

That's good for you at the moment with Mat leave looming sashy, if you're required payments are less hopefully you will be less stressed :)

Well I had a spendy weekend and it was NOT budgeted!! We went for a meal and cinema on Saturday because I had a terrible week at work and OH wanted to cheer me up (excuses!) but we did at least use a free main course birthday voucher I got from Zizzi. Then got home to a letter saying that we put the wrong date of OHs driving license issue on the new insurance documents and so there is an additional £9 charge for the year....no problem, I can sort that, but they have added a £50 document change fee :eek: I'm fuming! how can they justify that for a £9 change :mad: I was sure I put the right details in but they are adamant I didn't so now we are at a standoff.
    I've worked out that we can get a new policy (even with cancellation charge) with better cover for less now than last week for some unknown reason, but it will only save £4 and it's a lot of hassle sending documents back out when we only just did it but it's the principle which is annoying me.

My friend had her baby yesterday. He's beautiful! I can't wait for snuggles with him and I'm so pleased that their long awaited moment finally arrived :heart:

Interest is due to be added to the mortgage tomorrow so I'll make an OP to round the balance down (OH still thinks I'm mad for paying pennies off such a massive amount. He will learn)

Parents have borrowed some monies as they are struggling at the moment (My mom has been approved for medical retirement as she has a lot of health issues, but it's been going on for 8 months and she is not getting any money at all) I don't mind as I know my dad gets a lump sum pension payout next month and they will pay me back but I hate having nothing left in the savings account. Especially as there have been non essential purchases (for the niece mostly) by the parents recently which have meant they had to ask to borrow rather than use what they had... I know I can't force people to have an LBM but I really wish I could sometimes!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I missed updating yesterday :o

I had a TCB payment arrive so paid that off MBNA, along with the normal DD so made a bit of a difference yesterday :)

We are off to Chester on Friday to see one of our favourite bands and staying the night, before visiting the parents, sister and niece on the way home. Niece started crawling this morning! She's a little terror, into everything and so determined. Such a little love :heart:

Only 9 days until we go to Bruges too. We are staying in London the night before the Eurostar as we are getting the early morning one and I've got a Prezzo buy a gift voucher that I got for half price last year - £15 for a 3 course meal and glass of wine for 2 :D which we will be using so should be a nice night without any actual money spent.

We've got a really nice few weeks planned and then looking after my little pooch for a week in April - lot's going on and all nice so I'm staying as upbeat as I can. Had a bit of a wobble last night when I found out our friends date night is half an hour away tonight and I didn't want to go but OH has talked me into it and a friend is giving me a lift so I don't need to worry about getting there.

Had to use a works van to get home last night as the original insurers cancelled with immediate effect when I'd asked them to cancel today - leaving me without insurance for 12 hours yesterday so I had no way of getting home and OH couldn't go to kung fu. Annoying!! Especially as they said it will take 28 days to refund the premium :mad: the new policy has had to go on CC until the refund comes through but will then be paid off and will still be £10 better off :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I missed another day updating yesterday, I had been doing so well but work is manic!

Off to Chester tonight and can't wait to see the band. Will be a bit of a rush though, doors open at 7, it's about a 1.5 hour drive from us and OH and I don't finish work until 5 - takes 15 minutes to get from my work to his so it could be an interesting trip! Hopefully if we are late we will just miss the support band (who we will see on Sunday anyway!)

My grandparents have transferred some money into my bank for my birthday as I'm woefully short of a decent bra and my Nan is big on good supportive underwear so will be visiting Bravissimo tomorrow :D
    Don't think I can persuade OH to come to Cheshire Oaks, probably a good thing for my bank balance though :o

Payday on Tuesday then off to Bruges. It's my birthday on Saturday and we come home Monday then are going out for a belated birthday meal on the Wednesday with some friends (at the local 2 for £10 pub)

My grandparents are coming to stay with us for a few days in April just before Easter and will be staying until the Saturday after Good Friday, then will be moving on to my parents for a few days (it's also my Grandads birthday that weekend so will be nice to be able to see him for that. Already got his present from Amazon (thanks the sw*gbucks. It's so time consuming but at least it helps out with birthdays etc)

Had a letter to say insurance refund processing and should be 5-7 working days so just waiting for that to pay down the spendy CC a bit. Still haven't updated my signature with new car related debt, I'm burying my head about it at the moment :o normal service will resume shortly, honest!! I'm still PADing, it's just taking a while to get my head around extra debt...
  • fendi-bag-lady
    Options
    Lucky you off to Bruges! I was there in February, it really is a lovely city!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hope you had a good night last night Kirsty x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I hope your Bruge trip will be wonderful!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Lucky you off to Bruges! I was there in February, it really is a lovely city!

Thanks fendi_bag_lady - let me know if you recommend anywhere in particular!
    Hope you had a good night last night Kirsty x

It was lovely thanks CCL, I can't wait to see them again tomorrow. Got through the whole night without much anxiety too. Didn't stay for drinks afterwards because I was ready for heading back by then but at least I managed a good night :D
    Bobarella wrote: »
    I hope your Bruge trip will be wonderful!

I'm so excited about it Bob, I can't wait!

We had a lovely night in Chester, and a wonderful day there today. My Nan gave me some birthday money to go to Bravissimo as I've been a cheapskate with underwear since my LBM and she's big on good underwear. I'm glad I went as it turns out I've been wearing bras 3 cup sizes too small :eek: I'm now the owner of 2 lovely (well fitted!) bras and matching pants. Matching underwear always makes me feel nicer :)

Spent some time with the little niece who wants to be walking all the time (holding onto fingers) and is very stroppy if she's not allowed but it hurts the back as she's so tiny. She's 16lbs now, and enjoying her food. Can't believe she's 6 months old!

Going to see the band again tomorrow and meeting some friends and my parents in the city beforehand so I'm looking forward to that too. I've got such brilliant plans for the next few weeks!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 March 2017 at 4:45PM
    Options
    I visited Chester twice this week. once with OH, then my twin was envious so we went the following day. Same city, totally different experiences.

My experience with bravissimo put me in a couple of cup sizes bigger.... but the blinking straps fall down constantly on both designs... like a hundred or more times a day!! This weeks Debenham$ in Chester we bought high end brands at 70% off, (£7.50 each).

Bruges sounds lovely, I hope you are feeling better :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I love Chester MFD, my parents only live about 40 minutes from there but we rarely go. I love just having a wander around the lovely little shops - although I pointed out about 35 lovely diamond rings to OH and just got a blank look back so I don't think he enjoyed it as much as I :rotfl: if the time ever comes I'd like to go to a little antique jewelry shop in Chester to pick a ring :)

I've felt so comfortable since I got the new underwear - their own bravissimo range didn't fit me well at all, so I've ended up with gossard but I'm just pleased that they are pretty and make me feel nice. Now I know which Gossard size will fit I can go hunting for sale ones too, bonus!

OH has booked the wrong day for train tickets to London for the eurostar to Bruges :eek: so I've got to work out if it's worth taking an extra day off work and spend a day in London or whether it's cheaper just to re-book train tickets.... time to have a think and stalk the trainline...

The little niece is quite poorly at the moment with a cold and is on her third day of 38 deg temp so sister is getting very worried. Will be calling her later to try and reassure her a bit.

Payday tomorrow!! Very happy about that as it seems AGES since the last one and I want to knock a bit more off the debt :D
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry your neice is ill again. Hope she gets over the fever very soon.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport