I WILL get there!!

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thanks Bob :) Hope your rates reduction comes soon. Fingers crossed.

I have been working hard on survey sites this month:

20 SB from payout (£10 am voucher for xmas),
    £5 crowdology payout available, just trying to bump it up a little more first :)
    50% to yougov payout
    £4 on onepoll (must work harder on this one next month)

:D I'm very pleased with survey progress this month, but it is mind numbing. Perfect for me whilst I'm waiting for OH to get home from kung fu but otherwise I'm not sure I'd bother as it's not much fun!

Went to see my Dad for his birthday last night and got 5 minutes with the niece as a bonus. My sister and her other half have put an offer in on a house so they are waiting with bated breath for an answer on that. They love the house but it is at the top of their budget so they can't afford to increase their offer really. Fingers crossed for them - it would be nice to know that my niece will have somewhere settled and mould free (unlike their current rental)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Forgot to add, I've also been Nectar Canvassing daily and have increased my nectar points balance by 610 points in the last 2 weeks :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I've been and had many cuddles with the not so little anymore niece and my friends 3 week old baby boy. Seriously aching ovaries over here!!

We went out for a meal last night (paid with voucher mostly so 2 courses, 1 side, 2 glasses of wine and a bottle of still water cost £3.99 :money: but unfortunately I have managed to break my tooth :( I=it's not painful at the moment, except when I catch my tongue on it but I imagine it will be costly to fix and was definitely not in the budget!! Will have to call dentist tomorrow and see when they can fit me in.

I've also started acupuncture (not very :money:) to help with my problems and hopefully help with the PCOS. I've asked to try a new medication which was declined by the GP so I've emailed my old gynae's secretary to see if he will ask the GP to prescribe it. Fingers crossed it gets me on track. Now I'm coming towards the end of my (original) debt, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and I want to be in tip top shape for the long awaited baby (hopefully)
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I am shockingly rubbish at updating on here!

Went and had the tooth rebuilt and an extra filling that I had put off last year... £170 :eek: I went for a not MSE at all option of white filling because I had an unexpected photo taken recently of me laughing where you could see a big black filling and it's made me feel really self conscious. I talked it through with OH and agreed that's the point of the EF so that's what paid for it.

My poor tummy/legs and hands are black and blue after the acupuncture and I've got another session on Saturday. That will be fun! worth it though, I hope.

Gynae couldn't (or wouldn't) change my prescription so I found an online pharmacy that would prescribe them and they arrived yesterday. Can't take them with alcohol though and although I don't normally drink much, it's a friends 30th on Saturday and OH and I are both planning on a few drinks so will start them on Monday.

My Dad has called and said they would like to help with the cost of the acupuncture as they are helping my sister buy a house and he said it's the last thing on each of our lists that he can help with and then he will be happy and know we are happy too. I hope it works or I'll feel guilty spending their money on something pointless!

I won a box of chocolates in the BG giveaway so looking forward to those arriving and I've been asked to take part in 3 product trials recently - one for dishwasher tablets, one for quick noodles and another for a facial moisturiser. I like free stuff and I'm good at giving opinions :rotfl:

I've joined the make £10 a day challenge this month and I'm really enjoying it, getting properly stuck into surveys etc.Up to 3150 on YG and £6.50 on 1P. SB still as rubbish as ever but I finally got a £10 voucher for am at least.
    Also had a 5000 nectar bonus from Viking after something I saw on the elite board so that has tipped me over £100 worth of nectar points - I'm saving them towards xmas again, but we didn't use them all last year so had a head start!
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Still being a bit rubbish with the daily updates :o

I had a little flutter on the grand national and came away £8 up so that was a bonus. Once I cash out I will be paying a bit extra off the CCs :) I also had a go at matched betting. I'm not sure if it will be for me really but I did win a couple of pounds and every little helps :D

My acupuncture went well yesterday but I am a little sore from the bruises from the first session still so I can only imagine the bruises will be even worse tomorrow.

My grandparents are coming to visit this week and I feel stupidly nervous - they have never stayed in my house before and my nan is quite particular (I don't iron bedsheets as a rule, I just pull them out of the dryer before they crease :rotfl:) but my nan even irons socks so I'm having a small stress about this!)
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I'm trying to encourage myself to be a bit more accountable for my spending etc as I come closer to the end of the DF journey and to do that I really need to update on here more often as it really helps with the positivity and keeping me on track.

I'm this months counter upper on the PAD thread and I love it - it makes me feel so inspired!

Went to a friends birthday party at the weekend and kept within spending budget for it so I'm happy about that but I do need to rein in the mortgage overpayments.
    I'm obsessed with my mortgage spreadsheet and I love seeing the figures with zeros on the end but that changes twice a month - once when the payment gets added on, and once when the interest comes out so then I try and round down to the nearest £10/£20 or £50 depending how healthy the house account is looking.
    Unfortunately I had somehow forgotten that we aren't paying for gas at the moment :o until BG finally sort out the meter issue so I was keeping the gas money in the house account until I could pay it and now I've dipped into it twice for OPS :o

In other news OH and I discussed plans to have properly joint finances from September. Gives me chance to clear most of the debt and gives him chance to rein in his spending on useless stuff and work lunches as it winds me up and we will argue if I see it coming out of our account!
    He was a bit taken aback when I told him he would have an allowance of £50 personal spends a month, but he doesn't understand that that is on top of his £80 a month kung fu and the £20 a month he spends on work lunches (every friday, it's a tradition apparently...)

Still stressing about my grandparents coming to stay. Excited but I want them to have a nice time - my Nan is a wonderful hostess and I'm more of a 'you know where the glasses are' type :o
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I haven't disappeared and I'm still cheering you on. I just have issues connecting to mse for some reason.
    Keep up the great work kirsty. Would be so much easier to get debt free if we didn't have to spend money but we do and i think you manage the balance well. I'm really struggling with having to spend whilst paying down debts. Plus finding out our broken guttering and fascias are asbestos is pretty scary and mean you have to spend money to keep things safe. Keep up the great work xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,596 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »

In other news OH and I discussed plans to have properly joint finances from September. Gives me chance to clear most of the debt and gives him chance to rein in his spending on useless stuff and work lunches as it winds me up and we will argue if I see it coming out of our account!
    He was a bit taken aback when I told him he would have an allowance of £50 personal spends a month, but he doesn't understand that that is on top of his £80 a month kung fu and the £20 a month he spends on work lunches (every friday, it's a tradition apparently...)

o

My DH and I had completely joint finances from just before we married and it led to all sorts of arguments as I was a budgeter, as you are, and my DH is a spend it until it's gone and forget about direct debits still to come out. Thankfully he never had a credit card at that time(credit was less freely available and high interest rates) but we were saving nothing, had 2 small children and I was running short of money for food and fuel.

We eventually settled on a weekly cash withdrawal for all discretionary spends, now we each have a personal account with a £250 allowance. It worked much better then as DH didn't touch the joint account, the food and fuel account lasted the month and we were able to save in pots and for the future.

Now our children are grown, we are debt free and mortgage free and he is early retired at 58 and I retire this year also at 58 he gets that being careful with money gives you options. He is much more careful now.

Hopefully your OH will soon see the benefits of keeping within a budget too. You are doing so well with the debt busting considering you have moved twice over the life of your diary. Final stretch now hopefully and that longed for baby :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I'm the same we don't have. Joint account my hubby gets paid every Friday and he transfers the majority of his wages to my account and keeps about £100 to himself a week God know what he spends it on but I'm able to budget save and pay off debts with the money into my account .......the thought of a joint account fills me with dread as I would be constantly asking what he's spent his money on xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    I haven't disappeared and I'm still cheering you on. I just have issues connecting to mse for some reason.
    Keep up the great work kirsty. Would be so much easier to get debt free if we didn't have to spend money but we do and i think you manage the balance well. I'm really struggling with having to spend whilst paying down debts. Plus finding out our broken guttering and fascias are asbestos is pretty scary and mean you have to spend money to keep things safe. Keep up the great work xxx

Thanks Kitten :) sometimes we just have to have spends or it would be a very dull life - i know if I got too strict I would end up having a blow out!

PS I work in the asbestos industry - if you need any advice or recommendations let me know :) xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport