NST: Sailing into September

Options

Comments

• x_raphael_xx
    Options
    Claiming NSD no. 9 here :D

Rode into work on my bicycle today. First bit of exercise I have done in about 3 weeks, what with one thing and another. Felt really lightheaded and dizzy by the time I got to work. I'm so out of shape!
    I don't cycle everyday to work, unfortunately I do one week of earlies and one late. Don't really fancy cycling home at 11pm on a Saturday night! I'm a bit nervous on the bike too, so I don't like to ride in rush hour. I tend to cycle on my 7am starts when the roads are nice and clear.

Naughty dog stole and chewed the eyes off DS' GF's birthday present:eek:. GF very upset and I have offered to 'look' for it this week - I know where it is, I stuffed it down the side of the bed once I realised although at that point I just knew the dog had chewed a cuddly toy and not that it was hers:eek:
    Have found same one on Amazon so that should arrive tomorrow and all will be right with the world:jalthough I am £7 down!!

Oh dear!
    I learnt very quickly that things I didn't want chewed had to be off the floor. A friend once looked after my pooch while I had a weekend away. I warned him that anything from waist height down would be looked on as a toy.
    When I got back the first thing he said to me was "I left my socks on the floor and she ate them". :rotfl:
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been very busy with a temporary job that has seen me work since last monday through to the weekend and carrying on this week. 9 days and counting in a row.

Am up to 6 NSDs.

Had a lovely time with my friend though did spend £40 on saturday at the gig on t shirts and vinyls.

Have been decorating the living room so have been without a place to sit and relax and have only just logged on to MSE. Lots of reading to catch up on.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SFD number 11 yesterday but spendy today on a present for a birthday tomorrow. Can't wait for the weekend!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • mothernerd
    Options
    Poor sleep - horrible nightmare, very realistic and running around so woke up exhausted. Have filled the toilet roll holder and taken out the next block of soap and tube of toothpaste. I have spares so will put some in the food bank collection.

Aiming to buy enough toilet rolls to last until after Christmas. This and cat food were traditionally how I kicked off my Christmas preparations on the grounds that the boys wouldn't use more toilet rolls just because we had them (but very useful for flu season as they can blow and bin) and the cats never learnt to use the can opener. DS1's cat was good at opening the cupboard and getting out the dry food and I once had to replace a fridge (very old, given to us) because the seal was so weak the cats had opened it and one was half inside finishing off a tin of tuna.

Doctors appointment at 5pm. Blood tests are fine (no more for six months), dosage of anti-depressants has been doubled (should help sleep pattern and may give me some energy) and had my flu jab so one thing ticked off next month's list. Asked about mum's flu jab (phoned her the other day and she asked me to ask about it) and that has also been sorted (he had visited her today). Huge bag of pills (had phoned for repeat prescription) brought home.

Called at mum's on the way back (well extra bus ride but it goes from the infirmary to near mum's). Intended to do her tax return but her partner was being a handful (he has dementia) so have left it for another day.

Rubbish rounded up and bins out (put mum's out as well).

Today I am grateful for free prescriptions, helpful doctors (nurse practitioner has passed his exams) and seeing a butterfly.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • thriftylass
    Options
    Had a lovely evening. 12 years together, 2 years married. Cotton anniversary. So I crocheted DH some lillies (last year was paper - origami lillies, our favourite flower) and we had a lovely lidl steak for tea.

The next two weeks are damage control though as I (we) overspend this month again. Luckily DH is away this weekend so it should be cheaper. Just a little shop tomorrow including a chicken for when FIL comes to visit on Sat. Will audit the food stores tomorrow and get creative.

We talked about moving (need to in 5 years latest, due to the kids not being able to share anymore by the time DS is 10etc) and all the thing we still need to do to the house realistically to make it marketable in comparison to our neighbours. More incentives to get a grip on finances.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 September 2016 at 11:02PM
    Options
    mothernerd i wouldn't know where to store such a toilet roll stash. Till after Christmas we'd need at least 90, about 6 a week. Lol
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning,

Managed another NSD yesterday, should do the same again today - although I am starving. Neeeeeeed to start getting back into the habbit of having a filling breakfast. In planning my weekend it looks like Saturday will be a spend day and potentially even Sunday. I'll keep the purse strings tight.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spends - £1.30 on snack when travelling, £16 at the cinema, £8 on medicine for DH who is fighting off the start of a chest infection

Eats - ate dreadfully yesterday as poor GF choice on course, popcorn for tea! I am at home today so that should mean I eat better :)

Presents - Might do a pot of gold for DM and stepdad as well as friends

Time for me - Wednesday night is TV night - GBBO and DCI Banks. Bikini wax later does that count?:rotfl:

Empty - No progress

Meet - Cinema with friend last night, something I never do but was encouraged by this challenge so thanks :T

Bed - I am going to wash the 2 parts of our duvet today

Exercise - I am taking the dog out for a walk or run later

Reading - I have read 3 books this month so far and will start another when I have been to the library on Friday

Today I am working from home but need to take my car in for some work. Will tidy up and wash the duvets in between reports and defrost something from the freezer for tea and walk the dog.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 September 2016 at 2:55PM
    Options
    Hello,

As DH is playing football tonight, is busy tomorrow and gone by Friday, I thought better get another sensible shop in without actually dragging everybody round the shop. So did a Asda pick up shop (same day is still free compared to Tesco) and got a couple of fruit deals, a mahoosive chicken to be used as rubber chicken and some other bits and bobs needed. Hopefully this plus freezer stocks etc should take us to payday next Friday apart from milk.

Also set up a new kitchen online saving account. My target is 3k in two years. Will try to save £50 each month first (=£1200) and top it up as I can from selling things etc, which i need to restart. As all our debt is and will be at 0% till paid off, this makes sense. As these 50 quid need to come from somewhere I will need to tighten the purse strings. I would REALLY like a new kitchen way before we move out so I can actually use it ;)

Off to play some more with figure and make a plan for the weekend. Well and do some work....

EDIT:
    Plan for the next few day.:
    - cook soups from food stocks in freezer (curried lentil and spinach, scotch broth) for cheap lunches next week
    - look out my SLR for sale
    - start boxing up stuff in guest bedroom etc
    - rekindle the earning of Amaz0n vouchers (Done-resurrected some old survey accounts and got back on Pinec0ne)
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Will update properly tonight but Sunday was a NSD as was Tuesday so at 10/14. Spends today as needed petrol and I might have purchased a coffee this morning....
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family