PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• fudge7000
    fudge7000 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry bonfire, was typing at the same time as you!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We had a call today to say they are "pulling out"...

absolutely gutted and back to square 1. Looks like I may be a member of this thread for some time. :(

The reason: The pub next door. Argh!!!!

So sorry Bonfire. I suppose the only consultation for you is that they pulled out before you'd spent money on solicitors, etc.
    Stupid reason though, because the pub was there when they made the offer!

We accepted an offer on our house on Saturday and had our offer accepted on the house we wanted on Saturday too.
    It is so stressful and both EAs called today and I panicked both times but they just wanted solicitor details etc.
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Bonfire_Bride Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    So sorry Bonfire. I suppose the only consultation for you is that they pulled out before you'd spent money on solicitors, etc.
    Stupid reason though, because the pub was there when they made the offer!

We accepted an offer on our house on Saturday and had our offer accepted on the house we wanted on Saturday too.
    It is so stressful and both EAs called today and I panicked both times but they just wanted solicitor details etc.

That's great news..congratulations. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Yes, you're right. They were very apologetic in the email they sent to the EA. They said they had spoken to a few people that go there who mentioned no issues with noise but lots of police visits. The police have come down on a lot of clubs in the area in the last 3 years just to make sure they are not serving under 18's.

I dont know whether to send an email with our personal experiences of the club that the EA could pass to this couple? They put in 4 offers all together so were quite eager to purchase.

What they have heard is mostly rumours. We are not moving because of the club but because we are in a financial situation which allows us to step up the ladder.

Hard work.
  • infocom
    infocom Posts: 47 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have 3 kids and loads of clutter! I've stuffed as much as I can under the beds and in the attic, then anything left over I put in black bags and keep them in the hallway. When someone comes to view I load all the bags into the car, and park it across the street!
  • Clutterfree
    Options
    infocom wrote: »
    I have 3 kids and loads of clutter! I've stuffed as much as I can under the beds and in the attic, then anything left over I put in black bags and keep them in the hallway. When someone comes to view I load all the bags into the car, and park it across the street!

Yes my boot has been full for a few weeks!
    Had to empty it today because have an MOT booked tomorrow! :o

Good luck! :)
  • fudge7000
    fudge7000 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    I had to do a complete change round in my car to fit the dogs in the boot as it's so full of house stuff at the moment!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • GaggingOrder
    GaggingOrder Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, Bonfire. It's such a pain when you feel you're getting somewhere. We've had a few serious people who looked like they were going to be our buyers but various things put them off/ they found somewhere else. Must be even more frustrating if you'd accepted an offer. Fingers crossed things improve for you.
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Bonfire_Bride Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Thanks GaggingO. I sent the EA an email this morning and they have forwarded it onto the buyers. It appears they have spoken to someone who has just scared them about the pub next door...so I just gave them our experiences over the past 8 years. I dont have any hope but felt it unfair that it had been branded a bar with a bad reputation which is very inaccurate.

EA phoned me at 1pm asking for a viewing at 6pm. With a 6 month old and a toddler it was a struggle but i managed to get the house ready. They are first time buyers and have an AIP. Fingers crossed. They were very eager to view the house x
  • GaggingOrder
    GaggingOrder Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options

EA phoned me at 1pm asking for a viewing at 6pm. With a 6 month old and a toddler it was a struggle but i managed to get the house ready. They are first time buyers and have an AIP. Fingers crossed. They were very eager to view the house x

Fingers crossed! I know that pain with baby and toddler of my own!
  • Clutterfree
    Options
    Thanks GaggingO. I sent the EA an email this morning and they have forwarded it onto the buyers. It appears they have spoken to someone who has just scared them about the pub next door...so I just gave them our experiences over the past 8 years. I dont have any hope but felt it unfair that it had been branded a bar with a bad reputation which is very inaccurate.

Fingers crossed! I know that pain with baby and toddler of my own!

Trying to tell 2 teenage boys to keep their rooms tidy for viewings isn't much fun either! ;)

Good luck Bonfire.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback