PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• fudge7000
    fudge7000 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    We're in the suburbs currently, but house is at top of the market for the area, so we're in a similar boat really, going for people moving out of Nottingham wanting more space. Am sure there'll be someone out there for all of us hopefully!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • GaggingOrder
    GaggingOrder Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    I hope so. We have had a couple of offers since lowering the price to reflect the changing market. Unfortunately in both cases the offers were the bad combination of too low and not immediately proceedable. Just need someone to come along who both wants it and is in a position to buy it!
  • CraftySaver2689
    Options
    My house is now on the market, exciting times
    the house is in a popular area with not alot coming onto the market so hopefully it sells quickly - we are chain free as we previously rented this house out after moving in with my soon to be husband.

Renting out didnt work for it - so time to sell
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Fingers crossed Crafty Saver.

Why do people offer when they are not in a position to proceed?
  • Thatsthespirit
    Thatsthespirit Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Over 2 months here and ever so slowly reducing the price I haven't had a single viewing.
  • GaggingOrder
    GaggingOrder Posts: 90 Forumite
    edited 4 May 2016 at 7:03PM
    Options
    Over 2 months here and ever so slowly reducing the price I haven't had a single viewing.

That's a bit rough, especially not to get any initially. What sort of property, and where, if you don't mind me asking?
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Oh Spirit. B u m m e r.
  • fudge7000
    fudge7000 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Thatsthespirit - that's really unfortunate, any idea why?
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • Thatsthespirit
    Thatsthespirit Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    That's a bit rough, especially not to get any initially. What sort of property, and where, if you don't mind me asking?
    fudge7000 wrote: »
    Thatsthespirit - that's really unfortunate, any idea why?

It's on too high basically, where there are near enough identical flats to mine on the market for £5k cheaper! My EA is trying to convince me that because mine is ground floor we should stick it out and wait for the interest. I can't believe we started at £115k!
  • Dan-Dan
    Dan-Dan Posts: 5,272 Forumite
    Options
    I thought ground floor was less desirable in a block of flats?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback