Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Options

Comments

• Zeus_10
    Zeus_10 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I have a Tesco Mobile Sim only. its 12:50 a month which has 500min, 5000 texts and 1gb of data. Signal is very poor though.
  • ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    Zeus_10 wrote: »
    I have a Tesco Mobile Sim only. its 12:50 a month which has 500min, 5000 texts and 1gb of data. Signal is very poor though.

Try out an T-Mobile pay as you go SIM to see if they have signal in your area.

If they do then T-Mo do a similar deal for £11pm with £70 cashback at the moment.
  • letthemeatcake
    letthemeatcake Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 November 2013 at 12:51PM
    Options
    ZhugeEX wrote: »
    Try out an T-Mobile pay as you go SIM to see if they have signal in your area.

If they do then T-Mo do a similar deal for £11pm with £70 cashback at the moment.

This is the deal I have decided on after reading your excellent thread. I mostly call 08 numbers (banking), andhave stopped paying unlimited calls with my broadband from this month.
  • charlibombarli
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know what the best sim only deal for an iphone 5 is at the moment?

I am just coming out of a 2 year contract with 02 for an iPhone 4S. The speaker broke on it so bought the 5.

I was looking at 3's sim deal but don't know if I trust the signal.

I also had a quick look on quidco earlier but with my 2 kids lurking about I haven't had time to sit and look through everything.

Thanks so much!

Btw, would need at least 500 mins, not too bothered about texts and would preferably like unlimited data or 2gb :)
  • ZhugeEX
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know what the best sim only deal for an iphone 5 is at the moment?

I am just coming out of a 2 year contract with 02 for an iPhone 4S. The speaker broke on it so bought the 5.

I was looking at 3's sim deal but don't know if I trust the signal.

I also had a quick look on quidco earlier but with my 2 kids lurking about I haven't had time to sit and look through everything.

Thanks so much!

Btw, would need at least 500 mins, not too bothered about texts and would preferably like unlimited data or 2gb :)

If you're happy with O2 then consider Tesco who use the same network. They do 1500 Mins, 5000 Texts, 2GB of data for £12.50pm (3GB for £15pm).

Three have a good deal as well on their One plan for £15pm. I find Three to have better signal than O2 so it's worth trying out the network to see if it works for you. Esp since they are doing free 4G and the iPhone 5 will work on their network.

Virgin do a similar deal for £15 (Use EE).
  • charlibombarli
    Options
    ZhugeEX wrote: »
    If you're happy with O2 then consider Tesco who use the same network. They do 1500 Mins, 5000 Texts, 2GB of data for £12.50pm (3GB for £15pm).

Three have a good deal as well on their One plan for £15pm. I find Three to have better signal than O2 so it's worth trying out the network to see if it works for you. Esp since they are doing free 4G and the iPhone 5 will work on their network.

Virgin do a similar deal for £15 (Use EE).

Yes I saw the virgin deal but could only see the normal or micro sim, not a nano sim.

Well now I'm undecided between the tesco and 3 sims, I have no clue about 4, not sure if we even have it in dull hull?

Just one more q, do you know if they are rolling contracts or 12 month? Just incase I do get the 3 and signal is not so good!

So excited to get rid of my £50 O2 contract!!
  • in_nunhead
    Options
    Hi experts - I need some advice. I've finally got to the end of a very long and expensive relationship with T-Mobile. I'm looking for a SIM only deal for three phones, we need a decent allowance for calls and texts and a generous internet usage. Virgin and GiffGaff both have good, one month only contracts, but an agency has offered me £36.50 for unlimited calls and texts and 3GB internet. It's with either Vodafone or O2 BUT it's for a 24 month contract.

After years of long, torturous contracts with T Mobile, I'm reluctant to commit and the one month long seems more reasonable. GiffGaff also do free for 0800 which seems very civilised.

Am I being overly cautious about the 24 month deal? I've been with T Mobile since around 2005 so I've never done this before. I hope you can help...
  • in_nunhead
    Options
    PS - these phones were all bought from Apple, so they shouldn't be locked, should they?
  • ZhugeEX
    Options
    in_nunhead wrote: »
    Hi experts - I need some advice. I've finally got to the end of a very long and expensive relationship with T-Mobile. I'm looking for a SIM only deal for three phones, we need a decent allowance for calls and texts and a generous internet usage. Virgin and GiffGaff both have good, one month only contracts, but an agency has offered me £36.50 for unlimited calls and texts and 3GB internet. It's with either Vodafone or O2 BUT it's for a 24 month contract.

After years of long, torturous contracts with T Mobile, I'm reluctant to commit and the one month long seems more reasonable. GiffGaff also do free for 0800 which seems very civilised.

Am I being overly cautious about the 24 month deal? I've been with T Mobile since around 2005 so I've never done this before. I hope you can help...

The first thing you need to find out is your usage. Have a look through your latest bills to see how many minutes, texts and data you are using each month.

The most hassle free way of going to a SIM Only is by staying on the same network. So you can ring up T-Mobile and sign up to any of their one month rolling deals. For £18pm T-Mobile do 1000 Mins, 5000 Texts and 3GB of data. If you're happy with T-Mobile's coverage then it is worth having a look at staying with them.

If you're happy with T-Mo coverage then it's worth looking at Virgin who use the T-Mobile network. For £15pm they do Unlimited Calls/Texts and 3.5GB of Data. This is a one month plan. To switch to this you ring up T-Mobile and ask for your PAC. Once you have this code you can sign up to the Virgin plan and use your PAC to transfer your mobile number to Virgin.

If you're not happy with T-Mo signal then it's worth considering companies like Giff Gaff/Tesco Mobile and Three UK.
  • aggypanthus
    aggypanthus Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I want to move from vodaphone and looking at Tesco sims- they looked on pc at coverage, which showed very good 3g outside my house, but less strong inside, we only use ph for text and calls, so will this be satisfactory?
    do we need to give vod notice as we are now out of the 24 nth term?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure