PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• hard_slog
    hard_slog Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    I also have the same dream to win the lotto or euro - take the cheque of several million into Lloyds TSB (i still have account with them tho nothing in it) bank it wait till it clears then ask their advice on what to do with all that money. I'd sit and listen to them falling over themselves with suggestions - then I'd say Here's my Natwest account number - TRANSFER THE LOT :p
  • precious12
    precious12 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    patricia50 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Its great to read on here about so many of you getting your money back, some really good amounts too. Still seems to be very few for Lloyds though. They seem to be one of the worst and they really should be taking their lead from some of the others who are working through their backlog fairly quickly. They do themselves no favours with their attitude to their customers. My daydream would be to win a large amount on the lottery and then tell them in no uncertain terms why they were not getting my custom lol. Still have 3 weeks of the 16 left to wait and patience is running low!!!
    I totally agree with you and wait for it once it gets upheld you still have to wait another 28 days for the money
  • precious12
    precious12 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    hard_slog wrote: »
    I also have the same dream to win the lotto or euro - take the cheque of several million into Lloyds TSB (i still have account with them tho nothing in it) bank it wait till it clears then ask their advice on what to do with all that money. I'd sit and listen to them falling over themselves with suggestions - then I'd say Here's my Natwest account number - TRANSFER THE LOT :p
    LOL:rotfl:
  • tifosi
    tifosi Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    precious12 wrote: »
    I totally agree with you and wait for it once it gets upheld you still have to wait another 28 days for the money

According to FOS, accepted standard is now 8 weeks from "upheld" to payment, so if you get it in 28 days you are doing well!
    -

Congratulations to all who have got their PPI back!

:T
  • julieprit2
    julieprit2 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys

Could someone maybe work out what my claim back would be roughly on the following:

PPI £3.30 per month
    over 36 months
    Taken out in June 2004
    19.8% Interest

Thanks just found something else with PPI :-))
  • julieprit2
    julieprit2 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    I understand you can request for your data (SAR) at any time, whether or not anything will be enclosed beyond the last 6 years though is difficult to predict with Lloyds, when I requested for my data, I received info going back to the very late 90's, yet there was a list of sheets of all loans taken out enclosed from my very first loan in the mid 90's, so that is up to you of course.

There is a full sar letter template below.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

And the address you send to.....

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC
    DSAR TEAM
    CUSTOMER SERVICES
    RECOVERY TEAM
    CHARLTON PLACE C57
    ANDOVER
    HAMPSHIRE
    SP10 1RE

I would do so in recorded delivery though, and if they are not able to supply anything - they must write to explain and return your payment of £10 cheque or postal order for this request.

Good luck.;)

Cheers Di. They're saying I've to go and pick up the docs in person, is this for real?!
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    patricia50 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Its great to read on here about so many of you getting your money back, some really good amounts too. Still seems to be very few for Lloyds though. They seem to be one of the worst and they really should be taking their lead from some of the others who are working through their backlog fairly quickly. They do themselves no favours with their attitude to their customers. My daydream would be to win a large amount on the lottery and then tell them in no uncertain terms why they were not getting my custom lol. Still have 3 weeks of the 16 left to wait and patience is running low!!!

Hope you hear some good news soon hon, keep nagging at them.

I take it you have emailed them as well to ask for updates? ;)

Nice dream.:A
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    hard_slog wrote: »

LMAO :rotfl::rotfl: now that is another nice dream lmao :rotfl::D
  • kittykattreats
    Options
    husban just got letter back from black horse saying no.
    not a happy camper, have been waiting since last september.
    have a couple of issues;
    1-he didnt know what insurance was in first place
    2-when he phoned to cancel it he was told sure it only costs a couple of pound a month, didn't know £45 quid was classed as a COUPLE of pound
    3-last september he lost his job and tried to claim on it, but because he had taken payment breaks before this they told him he wasnt covered
    4-when he did take the payment break of a month he was lead to believe that this would just be an extre month added to end of loan, instead it ended up an extra 3 months
    there seems to be an awful lot of descrepencies about what was said and how many payment breaks actually taken etc
    unfortunately my husband (before he was my...) was in the school of throwing everything out so we dont have much paper evidence.
    do we just contact FOM and what are our chances?????
    very disheartened at mo, and unfortunatly was counting on the money coming threw (bad i know)
    anybody else any experiences like this
  • di3004
    Options
    julieprit2 wrote: »
    Cheers Di. They're saying I've to go and pick up the docs in person, is this for real?!

That is unusual :eek:
    But yet again this was posted by someone before if I recall on this correctly.
    How dare they though!:mad:

Maybe you could call into the local branch and ask if they would kindly enclose any details (but free of charge) do this first.;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure