Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• edmund_blackadder
    Options
    My Sky TV will be cut off on 15th. Then let's see what they offer.
    I enjoy a pint of beer each night for it's health benefits. The other pints are for my witty comebacks and flawless dance moves.
  • mwbrown
    mwbrown Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive been getting half price offers from sky (apart from the 1st year with them!), and they have for me usually offered me 50% off for 10 months when I ring/livechat to cancel..... when I decline this and end the live chat, and then chat to somebody else a few days later they can usually offer 50% off for 12 months - most of the time without being tied into a 12 month contract.

This time when I cancelled (getting fed up with the price increases, I cancelled tv which I wasn't in contract with in Jan and so far they have called/sent a txt/emailed with a 50% off for 12 months with a 12 month min contract - the agent who called didn't advise what he was prepared to offer as we were getting virgin installed on the following Saturday and he ended the call - but still getting txt/emails trying to entice me back to sky!).

To be honest, im happy with virgin and had no issues what so ever with the install.
  • jacquelinec
    jacquelinec Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 February 2017 at 5:58PM
    Options
    My last deal just finishing. Online chat offered me 50% off for 10 months . I turned this down and cancelled.
    On screen now offering 60% off for 12 months.
    Full price is £80 plus £24 for 2 multi rooms. So I guess that would make it £32 plus £24 =£56 for 12 months. Is that right ?
    Looking at t & cs I think sky sports HD may be £6 so that would be £62
    Do you think I can do better or is that the best I can hope for ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My last deal just finishing. Online chat offered me 50% off for 10 months . I turned this down and cancelled.
    On screen now offering 60% off for 12 months.
    Full price is £80 plus £24 for 2 multi rooms. So I guess that would make it £32 plus £24 =£56 for 12 months. Is that right ?
    Looking at t & cs I think sky sports HD may be £6 so that would be £62
    Do you think I can do better or is that the best I can hope for ?
    You can (almost) always do better but only you can decide whether you're happy with the deal. Can you afford to let it turn off entirely for instance?
  • jacquelinec
    Options
    You can (almost) always do better but only you can decide whether you're happy with the deal. Can you afford to let it turn off entirely for instance?
    Thanks Colin, I would rather not let it turn it off, and think it's a pretty good deal. I think I'll go back this week and see if I can push for a bit more , if not I'll probably take it . I'll post and let you know how it goes.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mwood1 wrote: »
    Any update? And how did you do it?
    Nothing yet, but I'm not due to be cut off until the 3rd March...

I spoke to them on live chat, asking when my end date was so I know when I will lose my recordings, they said they'll have a look at what they could do for me & came back with 60%.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Mwood1
    Mwood1 Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ah sorry - let me explain

Sky sports £27.50
    Variety £32

Total £59.50

I already had the 50% discount

Total £29.75

I've just spoken to Sky and they say my new bill will be

£23.80

A good result.

So I called Sky this morning - and despite taking them up on this offer, they say this offer is not available to me. My account is still due to be cancelled on the 10th March and only 50% is available for time being.

Will update.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just had an email from Sky offering me 50% of packages & a free Sky + HD box (which I already have).
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Squire_Fulwood
    Squire_Fulwood Posts: 389 Forumite
    edited 14 February 2017 at 3:46PM
    Options
    Sky was cut off on 28th January which is fine by me. This didn't stop Adam from Sky phoning to ask why. He said the call will be recorded and I said that it was fine by me since it won't be a long call.

He asked my reasons and I told him he had a lot of facilities that I did not use but I was paying for them. I also pointed out that he was charging me to watch adverts. I have always found it annoying that even after the channel logo comes up they still manage to squeeze in a couple of Volvo ads.

Was there any particular thing that I would miss? No.

End of call so I put the number on block.
    It's not my fault your honour, they made me do it.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So I called Sky this morning - and despite taking them up on this offer, they say this offer is not available to me. My account is still due to be cancelled on the 10th March and only 50% is available for time being.

Will update.

That sounds very familiar, but hang on.

When I was in the leaving process, at the end of last year, a number of us were given increasing offers of 50%/10 months, 50%/12 months and 60%, but some reported trying to accept the 60% , only to be told it wasn't available.

Some (all?) of us who let things go, were offered 75% off and some credit, so worth the wait (though , without the offer, I would have stayed away).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback