Iii

Options

Comments

• jimkenyon
    jimkenyon Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    Whats the point in having an account with III when because of their sheer incompetence you have to spend your time monitoring it and continually chasing for dividends?
  • Nixter
    Nixter Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    jimkenyon wrote: »
    Whats the point in having an account with III when because of their sheer incompetence you have to spend your time monitoring it and continually chasing for dividends?

Exactly! Their low fees aren't worth the hassle for all the stress they have caused us.
  • jimkenyon
    Options
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    jimkenyon wrote: »

My experience with iii over the past 5 years with a large income portfolio (30 dividend paying shares and funds) is that you dont. The money gets paid into my iii account a few days after the official date and automatically gets transferred to my bank current shortly afterwards without any upset, hassle or chasing. With a steady income flow what difference does a day or two matter anyway?

I have found their service both cheap and efficient.
  • jimkenyon
    Options
    Linton wrote: »
    My experience with iii over the past 5 years with a large income portfolio (30 dividend paying shares and funds) is that you dont. The money gets paid into my iii account a few days after the official date and automatically gets transferred to my bank current shortly afterwards without any upset, hassle or chasing. With a steady income flow what difference does a day or two matter anyway?

A day or two? Try a month or two.
  • sorcerer
    sorcerer Posts: 878 Forumite
    Options

I have 31 funds with them, almost none are paid on time I am lucky if they pay within a month. Shares are different and tend to get paid on time. Because they don't use FNZ for those. So I guess we get a very different experience with them.
  • alexjj
    Options
    I'm trying to decide between iWeb and iii (for index funds) and basically it comes down to fees for me...

iii, I pay £20 a quarter which then goes towards trades - £10 each. If I setup regular investing then each trade should be £1.50, so does that mean I get 13.3 trades per quarter from my £20 fee?
  • JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 October 2014 at 6:57AM
    Options

I could cope with 1 or 2 days. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: However, its 1 or 2 months and I'm still chasing one payment from June. I think that you need to read this thread properly.

Even II think that its in order to to make payments within 10 working days and thats from the date that they receive the payment from their own platform, FNZ who may take several weeks to process the dividend to II. II then state that they are acting within their service level agreement.

I have yet to find another company that takes over a month to credit dividend payments - most do it on the dividend payment date.

In dealing with this and other matters the II customer service is extremely poor to the extent that they convey the image that they couldn't care less.

Cheap the service is. Efficient it isn't.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    alexjj wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide between iWeb and iii (for index funds) and basically it comes down to fees for me...
    Read all of this thread and the others before you decide.
    If, after that, you go with III, you are probable in need of some psychiatric counselling.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :D...i still blame you for leading me into iii though, le loup.
    and with the volume of transfers that there have been, perhaps other platforms have struggled similarly..
    i am going to wait for it to settle down, and see if iii can be the home for my ISA and SIPP.:think:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure