Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Damianmkv
    Options
    Flight number TOM4603 delayed over 15 hours from Alghero 13th August 2016 due to a techinal issue and we were given a letter when we arrived at Gatwick about the reason and claiming compensation

I filled out the online form on Thomson's website when we got home, got an automated response saying they aim to respond in 56 days and have heard nothing since. I have called, tweeted and emailed and all I get is a " we cannot expedite claims " and" dealing with a backlog" "56 days is a guideline" response which is rubbish as they have paid out compensation back in December to friends we holidayed with on the same flight.

Extremely frustrated..
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Download Vaubans guide read and follow the advice.
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    What Thomson mean is:
    "Because of our poor record of keeping to time we are inundated with claims and because we want to keep,the number of staff dealing with these cases to a minimum, as it costs money, we have a backlog. We'll get to you eventually so you'll have wait"
    If someone starts court proceedings they can jump the queue as Thomson have to give it priority.
  • Criscoffee
    Options
    Used the Resolver tool to claim for a delay from 2012. Tried to claim at the time, delay was overnight and total of 17 hours, but was rejected.
    Sent the Resolver claim in on Feb 1.
    Heard absolutely nothing until Monday, March 6 when a letter was delivered. In it was a cheque for £682.40 with no covering letter or correspondence.
    Excellent tool, most grateful and Yah Boo Sucks to TUI!!
  • swecri
    swecri Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was delayed on a Lanzarote to Bristol flight on 25/11/2012 and I need to get the details and flight number to be able to write a letter to the airline (Thomson). How do I do this free of charge?
    flightstats.com won't let me do it for free?

Thanks in advance!
  • swecri
    swecri Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was delayed on a Lanzarote to Bristol flight on 25/11/2012 and I need to get the details and flight number to be able to write a letter to the airline (Thomson). How do I do this free of charge?
    flightstats.com won't let me do it for free?

Thanks in advance!
  • smartly
    smartly Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    try flightstats.co.uk :)
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    smartly wrote: »
    try flightstats.co.uk :)
    when I use that it diverts to flightstats.com (which now charges for data)
    do you see something different?
  • smartly
    smartly Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, logged in as .co.uk and it switched after enter of email & password and requires purchase for historic data
  • francesca1801
    Options
    I was wondering if someone was able to help or offer some advice, back in June 2016 me and my partner flew to Dalaman airport from Gatwick, our flight was delayed by 7 hours due to technical issues. I've submitted a complaint to Thomson directly and through resolver and apart from an automatic response claiming they were aiming on a 56 day turn around via Resolver I have not heard anything back from them? I've escalated it multiple times via resolver, but nothing seems to be happening and I don't know what to do next. any advice on how to move forward would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure