Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Options

Comments

• tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    DesG wrote: »
    (b) credit your account with at least £1000 in a single payment within 31 calendar days following your switch completion date

I sent off all the signed bits and pieces last weekend and have now had a letter back confirming my a ccount opening and updating my switch date to 5 Jan (a week later than I asked for but thats not a problem). DH's forms went off the same time but his confirmation hasn't arrived yet.

The letter states that they are reminding me that I have to transfer £1000 into the new Clydesdate account within 31 days of the switch account - and goes on to say that this credit 'can include the balance of the account I am switching - but excludes and internal transfers from any other Clydesdale or Yorkshire account '.

They previously told me on the phone that the £1000 HAD to be new money and could NOT be funds already in the old account being switched. This will make it much easier for me as I can now put £1000 into the old account and not have to bother about dates etc. or worry that I might have missed the date.

When did they change this T&C ?
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tbw wrote: »
    I sent off all the signed bits and pieces last weekend and have now had a letter back confirming my a ccount opening and updating my switch date to 5 Jan (a week later than I asked for but thats not a problem). DH's forms went off the same time but his confirmation hasn't arrived yet.

The letter states that they are reminding me that I have to transfer £1000 into the new Clydesdate account within 31 days of the switch account - and goes on to say that this credit 'can include the balance of the account I am switching - but excludes and internal transfers from any other Clydesdale or Yorkshire account '.

They previously told me on the phone that the £1000 HAD to be new money and could NOT be funds already in the old account being switched. This will make it much easier for me as I can now put £1000 into the old account and not have to bother about dates etc. or worry that I might have missed the date.

When did they change this T&C ?

The terms were amended a couple of weeks ago - look back through this thread. What date did you sign the forms by the way as you supposedly have to complete the switch within 21 days of signing?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    My tortuous journey in quest of £150 continues....:(

Briefly:
    26/11/14 successfully applied by phone

10/12/14 after several phone calls, 2 packs of slightly differing paperwork arrive;
    one set, including switch agreement with switch date 23/12/14, completed and returned in 1st class prepaid envelope

20/12/14 I phoned, was told paperwork was received 16/12/14 and account should be open by now. A message will be sent to ensure account opened 1st thing on Monday, with switch to be completed 'as early as possible'

Given the Christmas holidays, it remains to be seen whether my switch completes within 21 days of my signing the agreement, or whether this is even now possible.

However, given that all the delays have been caused by Yorkshire Bank (with a little help from Santa/Royal Mail) I will be complaining formally if the incentive is not paid because that condition was not met.

Its hard work earning this free money :p
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    The terms were amended a couple of weeks ago - look back through this thread. What date did you sign the forms by the way as you supposedly have to complete the switch within 21 days of signing?

I signed the Switch Agreement on 14/12 and asked for 29/12 as the switch date. The 5/1 should get me well within the 21 days assuming they mean working days. The 21 day requirement seems 'iffy' to me - we have no control over how long it takes for them to do the switch, they say to allow a week but its taking them much longer and they could easily take longer than 21 days.

I knew they had changed the requirement to pay in £1000 all in one lot but I'd missed the other change. I wonder if they have done that to get over the problem of possibly taking longer for them to process the switch - this way is much simpler and foolproof for us as the money is immediately in the new account as soon as they complete at their end.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • MARTYM8`
    MARTYM8` Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I really wouldn't worry about this 21 day switch issue - how is it your fault when they decide the switch date. My switch date was 12 days later than the day I requested it - still within 21 days. Given Christmas post/the backlog I am sure they will have to relax this - how can you be held responsible for their administrative systems and the Christmas post?
  • dggar
    dggar Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dougzz wrote: »
    Just completed my transfer forms. 10 forms, 10 signatures, 10 old account number and sort code, 10 new account number and sort code.
    Duplicates of Payment Transfer Agreement Form, Payment Transfer Service Form: Personal, Current Account Switch Service Account Closure Instruction, Current Account Switch Service Form: Personal, and Current Account Switch Agreement I'm it in it for £150, but this bank hardly transmits a sense of competence and ease relating to customer service. Phone staff all very nice and polite, processes involve too much paper and seem like they're out of the 1980's. Starting to feel like I'm earning this £150.
    They certainly are hard work.

I completed the application process at the Stockport branch.

Their business cards and headed paper give the address as:-
    Yorkshire Bank plc
    34 Princes Street
    STOCKPORT
    SK1 1RE

the correct address using Postcode Finder is:-

Yorkshire Bank plc
    34 Princes Street
    STOCKPORT
    SK1 1SE

Anyone using Google maps or a sat nav would end up near the Station if they relied on the official printed documents.
  • xyz123
    xyz123 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Which no do u use to open account? Tried their website (on mobile) but they only give 0845 no for existing customers. For new customers it says compare account but can't find how to open account. And any idea if they are open on Sundays for applications?

Ta
  • bolzano
    bolzano Posts: 91 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    xyz123 wrote: »
    which no do u use to open account?

0800 202122
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    Options
    Just thought I would post an update for my transfer from the Coop to Yorkshire Bank.

Forms returned 11 December 2014 to an address in Normanton using the 1st class pre paid envelope. Today I have received my MasterCard debit card.

I am guessing PIN and cheque book are on the way. Have had no contact regarding switch over date.

So far so good.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tbw wrote: »
    I signed the Switch Agreement on 14/12 and asked for 29/12 as the switch date. The 5/1 should get me well within the 21 days assuming they mean working days. The 21 day requirement seems 'iffy' to me - we have no control over how long it takes for them to do the switch, they say to allow a week but its taking them much longer and they could easily take longer than 21 days.

I knew they had changed the requirement to pay in £1000 all in one lot but I'd missed the other change. I wonder if they have done that to get over the problem of possibly taking longer for them to process the switch - this way is much simpler and foolproof for us as the money is immediately in the new account as soon as they complete at their end.

21 days was confirmed to me as 21 days rather than working days.

But they did say that I should still get the incentive despite my switch completion date being 22 days from signing the form (just like you).

As you and others have mentioned, providing we stick to the T&Cs from our side then the incentives should come through. As long as they received the switch agreement forms with enough time for them to complete it, then they can't say much else...
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure