We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Options

Comments

• Harveys_2
    Harveys_2 Posts: 217 Forumite
    edited 17 December 2014 at 6:29PM
    Options
    so quick question(s)...
    how many people are opening just one account? how many?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Harveys wrote: »
    so quick question(s)...
    how many people are opening just one account? how many two?
    Probably best to keep quiet on that subject (hence why I deleted an earlier post of mine after I'd given another poster chance to read it). The banks read these boards I'm sure.

You'll know when you hit the limit...and you're nowhere near it yet. ;)
  • Harveys_2
    Options
    Probably best to keep quiet on that subject (hence why I deleted an earlier post of mine after I'd given another poster chance to read it). The banks read these boards I'm sure.

You'll know when you hit the limit...and you're nowhere near it yet. ;)

Post amended. Point taken. Thank you :)
  • anoncol
    anoncol Posts: 982 Forumite
    Options
    bolzano wrote: »
    It's £300 per transaction, £1000 per day. (Hence you can get the £1000 deposit out without the token. You just have to use multiple transactions.)

I could only get £301 out in the first day. The second was sent to fraud checkers.
  • MARTYM8`
    MARTYM8` Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 December 2014 at 8:22PM
    Options
    claire07 wrote: »
    Well my switch seems to have gone ahead but when I tried to set up internet banking so I could pay the £1000 in it said I needed an activation code. As the week before I'd phoned to sort out the security pin and make sure everything was right I queried this.

Despite giving them my mobile phone number the week before they said the activation code was sent to a number I didn't recognise, so I asked them to send it to my actual number. Apparently they can't do this as it has to be sent in the post (at Christmas!).

I'm beginning to see why there are 21 days allowed from the switch date to pay in.

You can go into internet banking and request the activation code to be sent to your mobile online - it might work as maybe the online system has your correct mobile:D. When I requested it over the phone I never received anything - when I did the request online I received the text.

And I just gave them my mobile details over the phone when I rang up to register for internet banking. So to say they can't amend mobile details over the phone - is not correct!

Maybe there is one rule for Yorkshire and another for Clydesdale?

Its worth it when you get it sorted - but don't forget to order a security token as well (via the administration section on internet banking) as otherwise you cannot make payments out of your account on line of more than £300. Its similar to the thingy HSBC use I believe.

We care about here - is the bank's slogan - maybe they need to look at caring about where their customers are too?
  • Happychappy
    Happychappy Posts: 2,936 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Clydesdale, are they the most incompetent financial organisation !

I applied for a 40 day notice ISA transfer in mid November, ten days later receive the forms of transfer back, saying they couldn't identify my wife so had to go into a branch and take ID, this was done on the 30th by visiting a Yorkshire Bank who filled in the transfer form, and checked all forms and scanned them, sending them over the border to the dark place of Clydesdale admin.

Nothing further heard until today, all the forms have been returned asking for a signature, against the part for an application for a new 2014/15 ISA, when it is clearly shown on the forms, by not filling in the part one application for a new ISA, that we are not applying for a new ISA, just transferring an existing one from another bank ! But they want a signature against a part of the form which doesn't need completing, even Yorkshire bank said, that doesn't need completing, it is only for new applications for a 2014 Isa

All this for 2% ! One month on and back to square one, so Incompetent Bank of the year........Clydesdale Bank.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MARTYM8` wrote: »
    We care about here - is the bank's slogan...
    The recorded message they used to use on YB telephone banking was "when it's important to you, call a bank you can trust"...until I referred to it heavily in a written complaint regarding a breach of data protection (when they disclosed details of an account I had to a 3rd party).
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They are one and the same, Yorkshire Bank was absorbed into Clydesdale Bank an number of years ago by the Antipodeans...

visiting a Yorkshire Bank who filled in the transfer form, and checked all forms and scanned them, sending them over the border to the dark place of Clydesdale admin.

All this for 2% ! One month on and back to square one, so Incompetent Bank of the year........Clydesdale Bank.
  • MARTYM8`
    MARTYM8` Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 December 2014 at 8:23PM
    Options

I applied for a 40 day notice ISA transfer in mid November, ten days later receive the forms of transfer back, saying they couldn't identify my wife so had to go into a branch and take ID, this was done on the 30th by visiting a Yorkshire Bank who filled in the transfer form, and checked all forms and scanned them, sending them over the border to the dark place of Clydesdale admin.

Nothing further heard until today, all the forms have been returned asking for a signature, against the part for an application for a new 2014/15 ISA, when it is clearly shown on the forms, by not filling in the part one application for a new ISA, that we are not applying for a new ISA, just transferring an existing one from another bank ! But they want a signature against a part of the form which doesn't need completing, even Yorkshire bank said, that doesn't need completing, it is only for new applications for a 2014 Isa

Yes - you do need to fill out and sign both forms - the main application form and the transfer form even though all the information they need is on the transfer form. No point questioning it - its the rules!

You will get there in the end – and 2% is a good rate these days for almost instant access (40 days anyway).

I went through the same transfer process a while back. When it was finally sorted I received 3 separate items of post on the one day.

One confirming my transfer request had been submitted to my current provider, another confirming they had received the funds from my provider and a third confirming the account had been opened with the transferred balance. Other banks just send one confirmation out – at the end. The Royal Mail must love Clydesdale and Yorkshire!

I am growing quite fond of them now – its been quite an experience!:D
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If you are an existing customer, please press one... 1
    If you are registered for telephone banking, please press one... 1
    If you have your 10 digit customer number, please press one... 1

Very frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories