Dragons DMP .

Options

Comments

• Aloofdragon
    Options
    Morning Mrs S xx

Got lots to do today sat with a lovely strong coffee and house is silent lush !!.. I read a few diaries last night that had some fab basic ideas that I had never even thought of the one that struck home was lots of you on your off days try and keep energy costs to a minimum using extra layers instead of heating, keeping lighting off e.t.c , here heatings on willy nilly, lights on everywhere washer, tumble, so that's my aim for the rest of this month to keep things low whilst we are both home or one of us Hubby is quite good anyway he is the light putter offer here lol perfect timing really we are changing providers on weekend and are able to have a smart meter fitted.

We have got to the middle of the month with a fair amount of money in the bank this is unknown of for well over a year really even c.tax was paid early:eek: before the beginning of this panic based start of a new way of life coming up to a holiday would have been the only excuse I would have needed to go spend spend spend on clothes toiletries and bits, so far I have avoided I do need a new coat and will need some black trousers to go away but not a lot else really so will keep an eye on the sales. Thinking about it we have even catered for MIL 60th birthday party in this months pay that would also have thrown us completely, poor Hubby he never ever complained but often within days of his monthly pay hitting the bank we were back in the overdraft it must have been so demoralising love him. So I must keep this control up the itchy palm is now to clear debts off but we are going on hols in 6 weeks so need to SLOW DOWN.. 14 days til payday.

DS has IT club today so will walk over and meet him after work.

There is a local meeting tonight regarding closure of local primary's and re-jig of our Welsh primaries in area, there's mass hysteria lots being brought up by councillors on face book it doesn't truely effect us as DS would be attending the local comp the year their proposing opening this brand new fully equipped super school after initial shock and of course objections to traffic etc has to be taken into account I really am for it going ahead, I went to the school my DS would be attending in 2018 and I am 43 and lots of areas were dar and dingy when I was there so can imagine the state it is now.. just out of interest DR who is filmed in the older listed part of the school :D lol So undecided if I want to go to the meeting as really have nothing to add but we will see.

Back to bills shhhhhhhh but I will spend my shift in work today (whilst being vigilant professional and of course sneaky) sorting out a plan, I need to start putting the envelope system into use soon but need to know exactly when my interest is accumulated on accounts and date to be paid etc I know date on c.tax, I know I can pull skys up on internet banking but Argos and Cretin card need to be phoned as have been locked out of online account with them through forgetting passwords.. my heads been completely in shed for so long everything has fallen around us to be honest.

Anyway time to fly oooooooooo its amazing to feel awake def more early nights on the cards for me... ;)
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Christmas savings £200/£800.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
    Birthday savings £50 /£100.
    100 days #20 Credit union £40/£1150
  • PennySaving
    Options
    Morning, just wanted to say 'Hi' and let you know I have subscribed to your thread and wish you the very best of luck!

We went to EuroDisney about 6 years ago and it was incredibly expensive but worth the magic. I still love to look at the photo of my DD with Minnie Mouse.

I too, would love to buy all new clothes for all of us for holidays in the past. It feels like the excitement starts early :D With reference to your need for black trousers, there are some excellent quality bootleg black trousers for £20 in N3XT. They wash amazingly well and dry beautifully in the airing cupboard.

Have a good and productive day at work :)
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Subsribed :) x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    Morning Diary x I feel like we change our minds more than our knickers regarding paying this damn debt off, I am getting nervy now contacting creditors and even more nervy watching our bank balance dwindle with life, I can't remember never having an over draft for just in cases..

I am going to do the debt remedy online thingy with stepchange I have read lots on the debt diaries and you all swear by the DMP I thought the slam every penny off debts at once would make things easier and faster but at the end of the day £13k is just not going to disappear is it?, I am also considering into the mix that my spending habits are just never going to change if I do this process of yoyoing the balances again its exactly the same as my diet I am either black or white there is no middle ground im either the angel on plan and not spending or the devil scoffing and binging and spending I wonder if a few years on DMP would help me find the middle ground??...

I am going to do the debt remedy in hubbys name as 90% of the debts are on his account, the only debt I am paying back is a credit union loan of which payments are £16 a month plus I have l0wells chasing me for an old catalogue debt thats due to fall off credit record soon so they are offering me just over 30% off at the mo a little more and I may pay them just to get rid.

DS has decided he is staying down grandmas tonight so nice quiet one here, Tesc0 is due later to top up the fridge and a few bits to go in the Christmas bag also ordered a huge leg of pork for just over £7 this will go in the bottom of freezer for Xmas along with one of the chickens in the 3 for a tenner deal, I am hoping to buy a piece of meat weekly and a few tins to put away, won't have a huge spend Christmas week then, have plenty of booze here and just need a tin of chocs and some nuts n pringles and the snacky bits are done too. I really want another 3 bird roast for dinner they are so so easy and no waste and everyone loves them here, so waiting for those to come along in ald1 or Tesc0.

Right time to stop putting off this debt remedy luckily I have all details to hand from sorting it out with PP lol SOMETIMES I CONFUSE MYSELF AYE !!!
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Diary x I feel like we change our minds more than our knickers regarding paying this damn debt off, I am getting nervy now contacting creditors and even more nervy watching our bank balance dwindle with life, I can't remember never having an over draft for just in cases..

I am going to do the debt remedy online thingy with stepchange I have read lots on the debt diaries and you all swear by the DMP I thought the slam every penny off debts at once would make things easier and faster but at the end of the day £13k is just not going to disappear is it?, I am also considering into the mix that my spending habits are just never going to change if I do this process of yoyoing the balances again its exactly the same as my diet I am either black or white there is no middle ground im either the angel on plan and not spending or the devil scoffing and binging and spending I wonder if a few years on DMP would help me find the middle ground??...

I am the same Aloof :)

I change my mind more than I change my knickers too and I change my knickers at least once a day :) !!

There isn't really anything to be nervous about in speaking to your creditors....they are only ordinary people doing a humdrum job and you don't know if they themselves may be in a similar position.

The Step Change debt remedy may be useful but you could simply use the standard Income & Expenditure form from CAB. Fill it in honestly but giving yourself tons of 'wiggle room.' Whatever the 'net spendable' is at the end.......pro rata this between the creditors in proportion to the size of the debts and work out a suggested monthly payment for each one. If you don't want to speak to them then send the form and the calculated offer of repayment to each one.

If the I&E statement makes sense they will all accept your offer. It took me a couple of years to learn this like........'how can you only pay £1.00 per month on a debt of £12,000?' You can IF its backed up with the I&E form. If I had always known that I would have slept a lot better through a difficult period.

Brogden :)
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    Thanks Brogden I am just a complete scaredy cat which is ridiculous really as I spend my working day on the phone dealing with abrupt impatient people yet jump out of my skin when the house phone rings..

Well knickers changed again, I have decided to take a break from stress and strain of debt busting have handed the reigns over to S/C have downloaded printed signed and ready to post in the morning. I feel relieved and so does hubby neither of us were at all comfortable with an IVA and DRO as initially offered, equally we are out of our depths trying to sort through this minefield of template letters and to be honest both of us could mentally just 'Do with a break ' from the silences the rows and the pressure of living outside our means at least this way we will be paying it all back and hopefully overtime relax and enjoy life again.

We have until at least Feb before hubby will have his pay rise and until June when child maintenance is stopped for my SS (later than expected). Until then we will just squirrel away what we can and try and get my credit union loan cleared and start up my budgeting envelopes I love the idea and totally get 'It' but struggling with how to set it up... I have been craving some sort of filing system to get totally organised so am on the case. I want to know when and where everything is happening or going. I don't fancy the nyab I want shiny notepad and folders !!

I have been told we are going out for a meal tomorrow night as we haven't been out together for yonks unless you include kids parties or school discos, hubby is paying so will enjoy especially as now I can relax knowing next month I don't have to find so many hundreds of pounds for here there and everywhere.
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
  • Brogden
    Options
    Thanks Brogden I am just a complete scaredy cat which is ridiculous really as I spend my working day on the phone dealing with abrupt impatient people yet jump out of my skin when the house phone rings..

Well knickers changed again, I have decided to take a break from stress and strain of debt busting have handed the reigns over to S/C have downloaded printed signed and ready to post in the morning. I feel relieved and so does hubby neither of us were at all comfortable with an IVA and DRO as initially offered, equally we are out of our depths trying to sort through this minefield of template letters and to be honest both of us could mentally just 'Do with a break ' from the silences the rows and the pressure of living outside our means at least this way we will be paying it all back and hopefully overtime relax and enjoy life again.

We have until at least Feb before hubby will have his pay rise and until June when child maintenance is stopped for my SS (later than expected). Until then we will just squirrel away what we can and try and get my credit union loan cleared and start up my budgeting envelopes I love the idea and totally get 'It' but struggling with how to set it up... I have been craving some sort of filing system to get totally organised so am on the case. I want to know when and where everything is happening or going. I don't fancy the nyab I want shiny notepad and folders !!

I have been told we are going out for a meal tomorrow night as we haven't been out together for yonks unless you include kids parties or school discos, hubby is paying so will enjoy especially as now I can relax knowing next month I don't have to find so many hundreds of pounds for here there and everywhere.

Have a lovely meal tonight and chill out.......you've come to a decision that will make life a lot easier and you should celebrate that fact :)

It is funny how so many of us deal confidently with so many things but when it comes to speaking to people about debt everything changes! I know Step Change is a great decision and only you can know the best option for yourselves. Step Change have sorted it out for so many people and turned lives around :) Please keep in touch and let us know how its going.

By the way you must stop talking about your knickers.....I'm trying to concentrate on my debt here and I'm so easily distracted ;);););)

Brogden x
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    :A !!

Yea your right I think it is the right decision for us, and hopefully the years and debts will come down quickly when our situation improves next year in fact my aim is to be debt free by Dec 2015-March 2016.

Well back down to earth with a bump here DS was up at stupid o clock, he rang last night to be picked up at 9.00pm he didn't want to stay first time he has done that in a long time, guess he missed his mam:D lol

I am joining slimming world this morning and aiming to lose a stone by Christmas, I am also having a diabetes check in the morning 3 of my close circle of friends have been diagnosed with type 2 in last few months and this last one has scared me to death, so as I am working with A diabetic society manager Sunday I am having my bloods taken. Fingers crossed everything is ok if not I will go see the docs.:o

Need to rethink my challenges now.
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
  • Brogden
    Options
    Good morning Aloof :)

I hope you had a great evening and meal.

I'm also hoping now you have come to your reasoned decison that you're still wearing the same knickers :) !!!!!

Brogden x
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    Diff Knickers same style :) .. DMP with S/C def the one for us, all info gathered printed and ready to go in post in the morning annoyingly haven't got an a4 envelope so hubby will post in the morning with his PPI app, I am 100% sure we haven't paid it but he won't listen and it's free to ask isn't it.

Had a very lazy day today the weather is rough and grim here in lil old Wales, luckily it isn't too cold as yet so manageable DS had a football match in this the morning bless him he soldiers on although he will never be an Alan Shearer he does enjoy it..

I would love to admit to a nsd today but I would be lying I just ordered his Bike for Christmas it was reduced to 50% off so grabbed it I can't see them being in stock for much longer at that price and it is Lush !!! Hubby just rang he has managed to wangle Halloween off so something to look forward to at end of month freezing our bits off dressed up as scary money savers cadging haha.. We decided to pool our Euro savings and clear off everyone's last payment for park hampers so we can get everyone's vouchers and hampers back a little earlier we just have to make sure we are really strict with every pound that comes in now goes back into the Euro pot or we will be starving in Disney !! Plus our commission will be back sooner too.

Another new week starts again 11 days till pay day it feels very odd that what goes in bank apart from utilities will actually be ours apart from token payments just praying now that nothing goes wrong setting this DMP up as don't think I could cope swapping around again especially as we are away in a few weeks and Christmas around the corner, although we had already decided it will be low key and low cost this year well apart from DS he is only one home now other 3 are working so I will be spoiling him but with necessary items mainly.. Right time for half hour ironing and sort things for the morning.. Night diary.. x
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts