Looms

Options

Comments

• sillyme673
    sillyme673 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad not the only one. My DC primary have banned but senior not yet The older DD takes here bag of looms everywhere, fingers going all the time. Some kids sell them. Mine swaps hers. Is doing fishtails and reverse fishtails, now trying yo do waterfall or something. I just go lovely. Have to get certain colours now and scented and glow in dark. But now there GM buys as well and she is a soft touch.:rotfl:
    Death comes to us all.When he came to Mort, he offered him a job. MORT by Terry Pratchett.
  • iwannanicerlife
    Options
    Both my kids love them (12 & 10) but I'm so fed up finding them everywhere - especially on the floor and in the washing machine!
  • Nikkisun
    Nikkisun Posts: 1,330 Forumite
    Options
    What's the difference between these and scoobies which were the big bracelet making thing a few years ago?
    xxx Nikki xxx
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Nikkisun wrote: »
    What's the difference between these and scoobies which were the big bracelet making thing a few years ago?

these are a lot smaller.
  • Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    Can someone show me what the end result is? I have heard a lot about them, so thought I might get them for a birthday present for my DD's friend, age 7.

Would be lovely to see the end result, and also any instructions

Many thanks
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone show me what the end result is? I have heard a lot about them, so thought I might get them for a birthday present for my DD's friend, age 7.

Would be lovely to see the end result, and also any instructions

Many thanks

there is stuff all over the internet on how to - loads on youtube etc - here are some images -

http://rainbowloominstructions.com/
  • gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    IMG-20140622-WA0001.jpg

Hope this works - Counting pennies, that's my daughter's handiwork. You can do them in different styles but she's just mastered this one
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    They are all the craze here, however having a son I am a bit disappointed that we can't take part I love doing crafty things with ds but this one isn't really suitable. I am thinking of getting him some in boyish colours but not sure.

Anyone else have a son who enjoys this?
  • dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,456 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    They are all the craze here, however having a son I am a bit disappointed that we can't take part I love doing crafty things with ds but this one isn't really suitable. I am thinking of getting him some in boyish colours but not sure.

Anyone else have a son who enjoys this?

The boys round here are into them as much as the girls. Just don't go getting the pastel colours.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    dangers wrote: »
    The boys round here are into them as much as the girls. Just don't go getting the pastel colours.

Thanks think I will get him some was looking at the website on this thread and didn't realise you could make so much stuff (the charms etc), most of it was for girls but some were suitable for boys.

A couple of questions

Do I have to get a hook or will a crochet hook be suitable?

How much does a pack of 300 looms make? how many bracelets would you get out of it?

Which is the cheapest shop to buy from?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family