PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

Welcome home Sparrer!!

I have been feeling rotten all day. I woke up at 1.15am and didn't get back to sleep until well past 4am. My tonsillitis is worse today so I came home early from work.... which obviously had nothing whatsoever to do with the job interview!!

1) Interview went well, i think.... I will hear tomorrow evening whether i am through to the last 4. It was good to have a natter with the old boss.

2) Heard on the radio that painkillers are best taken in combination ie one paracetamol and one ibruprofin rather than two of either. So i am trying that combo and hoping it will soothe my raging throat.

3) Had my hair/mop cut. Not sure if I like it but I will see how I get on once it I've washed it.

4) My dear friend L called to see how I got on with the interview. good to chat with her.

5) Lovely sunny and warm day

6) Popped home for a snooze before the interview which did me the world of good.

Night

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope the interview was brilliant ladyhawk, sure it was :)

PK - poor you, sending healing thoughts your way x

Sparrer - welcome home :)

1. Low spend day........made even lower as

2. MrT's overcharged me on 2 items, and so I got double the difference back, woohoo! They were both things I only bought as they were bargains, even better bargains when I was paid to take them away :)

3. Great day at work, a lovely colleague was in and so we had a good natter whilst working hard ;)

4. More good books from the library, I read 2 yesterday and so changed for some more.

5. DD was a pain in the rump first thing (overtired and got out of bed the wrong side) but I won the battle of wills!

6. Picked DD up and went to a local beauty spot to take in the views and had a not very MS dinner at the pub there, sitting bathed in sunshine looking out over the Downs was lovely. DD drew a lovely picture which she gave to our waitress to say thank you for being so nice to us.

7. Popped in to see a friend after work for a massive cup of coffee, a cuddle of his dogs (not him, he's not that kind of friend!!) and a good catch up.

8. Lovely emails with a couple of chums.

Best for last again......

9. My leg hasn't hurt, just ached today :):)
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    PK(((((((HUGS))))))
    Great posts everyone, too many to mention by name , but I enjoyed reading them all.
    my 5
    1. Reading this thread and hopefully being supportive to those in need of a bit of support.
    2. Lovely dinner with DS2
    3.its chilly out so the log burners lit, the cats are hogging the rug infront of it and I'm nice and warm too.
    4.Everywhere has that super-green-spring look.
    5.my peas have started to grow.
  • beachbaby_2
    beachbaby_2 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all! Sparrer, glad you're home safely from your travels. MHagster, positive news about your OH and I hope you'll soon be on the mend.My five for today...
    1. A dull day turned into a lovely bright and sunny evening.
    2. Off work with a shoulder injury but using the time to catch up on paperwork. Taking control of my life again.
    3. Hugs with DD
    4. Tried a new pasta recipe this evening - delicious!
    5. A quiet house and a glass of red wine. The tv and poota are mine and mine alone. (For another half hour at least). :-)
    Love to all. X
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Good wishes to all...

Mhags - hope your ribs heal quickly and yr not in too much pain xxx

frith - you sound like you've had a better day (((hugs)))

PK... get well soon, acute cholecystitis sounds extremely painful

Ladyhawk...am so glad I had my tonsils taken out in my teens... infection now gives me sinusitus instead, I guess it still has to go somewhere, but not as bad as when I had tonsils

todays 5:

1. DS helped me take all garden waste to recycling centre
    2. Garden is looking tidy
    3. As a treat I took us to cheap lunch at Wertherspoons and DS managed to hold a conversation (16yo ..enuf said ?!? )
    4. managed to get furry throws and slippers washed and dried on line in between april showers and thunder. Need them tonight its chilly...brrrr
    5. Spent afternoon getting house insurance quotes online...not a pleasure... but did manage to get cheaper than last year, so am happy at that

night x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck re interview ladyhawk
    Welcome home tose who've been on their travels. Sadly you didn't bring the sun home brrrrr
    1) DD1 came home from uni :j
    2) DD2 already back from uni so full house :j
    3) had to go buy emergencies for DD1 lol but did get a couple of YS and apparently saved £1.81 on branded items :rotfl:
    4) bought hop and despicable me £5 for the two with my PM. I love PM :T
    5) had left over sarnies from seminar. They were a bit bleuh so didnt bring any home for freezin like last time but :money: lunch

Hugs to all.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • nich29580
    nich29580 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    hi every1

just started posting agin, had no broadband for a year.

Forgot how much i loved the os board. Hoping to post more frequently.

1. Longish lie as DD1 is off school, walked to Mr A and met boyf after work, picked up a few essesntials.

2. Two lots of washing, 1 full load and 1 30 min quick wash out on the line and dried. even though i had to do the washing hokey cokey a few times due to April showers (which were a pleasure in themselves.)

3. boyf found a cheaper alernative to the wine he usually drinks from £7.50 :eek:to £3.22. should save me a fair few bob ever the monthly bill.:beer:

4. dinner from freezer, fridge, and store cupboard, no spend. Mince pie, mash and brocolli with gravy.

5. Finishing my book and starting another from the stack(about 10) i got from a friend, will be passing read one on to another friend now. enjoyed one of the kids mini flakes from their easter eggs while a read with a coffee, they have a fair few so hopefully wont notice.

that felt good, glad to be back on the board. Its nice to appreciate the little things
    Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body - Geoege Carlin
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Combined pleasures.
    1. Visited friend in her new flat which is really lovely. She had struggled to run an ageing house for 30 years. The flat is about 15 years old, a minute's walk from the town centre yet it feels quiet.
    2. Grand-daughter has same size feet as my friend who gave me a brand new pair of shoes for her.
    3. Maximising use of coupons in Mr T. I got 2 650 ml bottles of top brand washing up liquid for 50p and a large bottle of fab. cond. for 68p. (normally over £3)
    4. I won a £50 Amazon voucher in a draw. And it's genuine. Wow.
    5. Have had a new stair rail fitted today to help me climb my very steep stairs plus three grab rails for the bathroom. Delighted!
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Mhagster - Hope you are not feeling too sore today
    Ladyhawk - Hope you feel better soon and fingers crossed for your interview.
    PurpleKitten - Hope you are also feeling better today
    Sparrer - Welcome back, sounds like you had a fantastic holiday
    Skint Yet Again - Conversation with a 16 year old, please tell me how you managed that, mine is also at the grunting stage :D
    Kittikins - Glad I'm not the only one who gets excited over Mr.T overcharges. Though I am not so pleased when the old trout in on customer services as she makes it look like you have done something wrong :eek:
    Pleasures for yesterday
    1. Free lunch from a miss ordered lunch on Tuesday. I put a plate in the fridge rather than get wasted.
    2. Chat with DB3 on the phone, DB2 was supposed to have phoned him to discuss Mum's birthday present but I knew that he wouldn't have so I have sorted it out as usual. While on the phone I could hear his DGS complaining about having his hair washed it did make me laugh
    3. Had my hair cut and coloured not OS or MSE but does feel better. I know if I coloured it myself I would finish up with orange or green hair :rotfl:
    4. Another not OS or MSE but had chinese takeaway for dinner. It was so yummy though
    5. DD loved me for about an hour when I gave her a £25 itunes voucher (thanks to Mr.T) then reverted to usual teenage self. Also got a voucher for OH and one for me so all happy.

Hugs to all who need them
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, hope poorly people are starting to feel better.
    McCulloch well done on your amazon win, hope you treat yourself to something nice
    Tealady & Skint yet again : I smiled when I read the 16 year old DS comment....yep, I have one of them too......uhuh!

Well, a week ago I thought everything was over in my life! However, here we are a whole week on & still hanging on in there & feeling slightly more positive. I know we have a long journey ahead but hopefully it's not the scariest path we are travelling( I'm soo dramatic... but I know what I mean!)

1.Sun was shining so out went the washing & a bit of careful folding meant not too much ironing.
    2.Pottered about the house all day, let kids have a lie in & just did a bit of this & a bit of that!
    3.Handed a bag of stuff to charity shop, posted a card to my in laws (try to make them feel a bit better) , bought 4 videos for $2 in a charity shop, bought some veg in the lovely smelling greengrocers.
    4.Had a siesta.....hadn't slept well last night. So was nice to have a wee snooze.
    5.Made a big pot of lentil soup for tea.....hopefully it will stick my ribs together!
    And bought a RTC pavlova for pud. I have never bought one (always make them) but it was seriously RTC.....smugly ate it with the knowledge that mine is much better! It was okay and did as a quick pud .
    6.A friend called me today & we nattered for 1 1/2 hours! Also phoned my sister this morning, she was saying she felt so helpless so I told her that she is in the lofty position of being the only person I can talk to honestly & openly.....she was impressed with this honour!
    7.OH went to work, his first day back since diagnosis (long weekend off & then appointments) I missed him as we have spent every minute since together but think it did him good to have some normality to his day.

Have a lovely Thursday x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport