Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ashers92,

Yes, they must give you cash if you request it. I would just ignore the voucher. They will probably ask you for your bank details so you may speed things up a little by preempting them.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Ashers92,

Yes, they must give you cash if you request it. I would just ignore the voucher. They will probably ask you for your bank details so you may speed things up a little by preempting them.

I wonder how many people accept the voucher without them realizing they can have cash? A really shady practice if airlines are still doing that - and a disgrace that the CAA are not on top of it.
  • Ashers92
    Ashers92 Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Ashers92,

I'll get a reply written up and sent off asap, including payment details.
    Thanks
    #157 - Save £12k in 2016: £12000 / £12000
    House deposit saving mode active: £40000 / £40000
  • laura_lindsay
    Options
    Hi. We are just back from what should have been our 10 day holiday.
    We drove to manchester from scotland last sunday 2nd for what we thought was our 6am monday 3rd july flight. To be told at check in it had changed to 6am tuesday 4th july..

Thomas cook had informed on the beach of this change previously bit unfortunatley on the beach did not inform us..

Where do we stand with compensation? Has this happened to anyone and what was the outcome?! I have emailed them but im curious as to where this cpuld go! It caused so much hassle and disappointment..
    They did put us in a hotel but i think they kind of had to.. we are a family of 5 2 adults 3 boys 12 10 and 2.

Thanks in advance.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. We are just back from what should have been our 10 day holiday.
    We drove to manchester from scotland last sunday 2nd for what we thought was our 6am monday 3rd july flight. To be told at check in it had changed to 6am tuesday 4th july..

Thomas cook had informed on the beach of this change previously bit unfortunatley on the beach did not inform us..

Where do we stand with compensation? Has this happened to anyone and what was the outcome?! I have emailed them but im curious as to where this cpuld go! It caused so much hassle and disappointment..
    They did put us in a hotel but i think they kind of had to.. we are a family of 5 2 adults 3 boys 12 10 and 2.

Thanks in advance.

Someone asked an almost identical question about two posts below yours.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Where do we stand with compensation?

https://gettingthedealthrough.com/article/5586/carriers-liable-when-agents-fail-relay-cancellation-info-ecj-rules

It is a shame the airline will be penalised because you had a bad travel agent. (I am guessing it was OTBs details they had as the contact details) I hope they can counter claim from them (or maybe airlines will stop allowing these agents to sell their flights)
  • laura_lindsay
    Options
    Hi. Well in my eyes it's not Thomas Cooks fault.. its most definitely on the Beach fault and they have also admitted they are at fault as an agent let everyone know about the flight change apart from ourselves..
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Didn't you check in online, or log into your booking at any time to check for changes? You should do this regularly even when booking direct. TCX conditions even state

"We will inform you of any significant changes to your flight as soon as we become aware of them (see
    section below: 'Changes made by Thomas Cook Airlines prior to travel'). If flight times change significantly, we will send a revised confirmation itinerary to the email address or postal address that
    you gave at the time of booking. If you booked through another travel agent, all communication will be sent to that travel agent. However it is your responsibility to reconfirm all flight details at least 48 hours prior to departure by viewing your booking itinerary online using our 'Manage Booking' facility on this website."

You've nothing to gain by booking a flight with OTB, apart from hassle because they aren't a particularly stellar OTA.
  • laura_lindsay
    Options
    Didn't you check in online, or log into your booking at any time to check for changes? You should do this regularly even when booking direct. TCX conditions even state

"We will inform you of any significant changes to your flight as soon as we become aware of them (see
    section below: 'Changes made by Thomas Cook Airlines prior to travel'). If flight times change significantly, we will send a revised confirmation itinerary to the email address or postal address that
    you gave at the time of booking. If you booked through another travel agent, all communication will be sent to that travel agent. However it is your responsibility to reconfirm all flight details at least 48 hours prior to departure by viewing your booking itinerary online using our 'Manage Booking' facility on this website."

You've nothing to gain by booking a flight with OTB, apart from hassle because they aren't a particularly stellar OTA.
    Yes everything was confirmed 24 hours.. even on the morning of monday 3rd july my online travel status still said the flight was that day! All my documents everything was all upto date.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes everything was confirmed 24 hours.. even on the morning of monday 3rd july my online travel status still said the flight was that day! All my documents everything was all upto date.

was that on the Thomas Cook website? or OTB
    If you book through an agent you should be given (or ask for) the reference number to use on the operating airline's website
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure