Options

Comments

• SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Atasas wrote: »
    To top all that...
    ... twitter (and other reviews) indicates them being unbearables...
    and they own/launched DelightMobile...
    could my enthusiasm be not worthy bandwidth?

Vectone and Delight had problems recently. Delight has compensated me with 3GBytes of data for free. I'm using it now. :rotfl:

They seem to change their offers regularly, so I wouldn't get too settled with them.

Do you really need 10GBytes of mobile data every month? There's lots of free WiFi around now. Even a bus I catch a few times a week offers it.
  • SnowTiger
    Options
    Silk wrote: »
    When I tap on the T&C's it says ........
    Unlimited usage is subject only to a variation of speed from 3G to 64 kbit/s for usage beyond 3GB per month per SIM.

They don't like you! :rotfl:

Cookies, perhaps, set by entering their website via an alternative route?
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    They don't like you! :rotfl:

Cookies, perhaps, set by entering their website via an alternative route?
    Ahh found it ...your T&C's are for the payg "UK Pocket saver" bundle

The T&C's I was quoting were the standard payg and pay monthly at the bottom of the page
    It's not just about the money
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    edited 19 July 2015 at 4:41PM
    Options
    Vectone and Delight had problems recently. Delight has compensated me with 3GBytes of data for free. I'm using it now. :rotfl:

Do you really need 10GBytes of mobile data every month? There's lots of free WiFi around now. Even a bus I catch a few times a week offers it.
    Not in London, so it happens that ride some days is horse drawn carriage and wifi- is just too unreliable, too unsafe etc, etc
    as for usage, last month I've used 12GB, so 10GB is "dieting" already

(1'st post edited)
    as to be honest, I am still, after (ideally EE based) network re'sub'supplier, that would be sensible for my big data usage, including tethering to my own tablet.. as Vectone will not be my long term solution.
  • SnowTiger
    edited 19 July 2015 at 5:32PM
    Options
    This might keep you going for a couple of months: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ee-summer-sim-payg-50-mins-50-texts-100gb-p-m-200gb-total-data-10-00-2247227.

100GBytes of data for two months. Apparently it's not the first time EE has ran this promotion.

Edited to add:

Or there's iD, which you mentioned earlier. It uses Three's network. 20GBytes of data and 200 minutes a month will cost £23 (£20 + £3).

The networks can't detect tethering. They can guess, but your phone doesn't send out a message saying I'm being tethered. If you're paying for 20GBytes of data a month and use less than that you'd probably sail under the radar anyway.

Or there's iD's £20 launch offer: unlimited data, 2,000 minutes and 5,000 texts.
  • Atasas
    edited 19 July 2015 at 5:49PM
    Options
    This might keep you going for a couple of months: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ee-summer-sim-payg-50-mins-50-texts-100gb-p-m-200gb-total-data-10-00-2247227.

100GBytes of data for two months. Apparently it's not the first time EE has ran this promotion.

Or there's iD's £20 launch offer: unlimited data, 2,000 minutes and 5,000 texts.
    Yes, thank you!:cool:
    Honestly seen it, spoke about it to EE, thought about adding add-ons etc for minutes, got tired and de'railed! plain and simple, for calls, I shall use
    http://www.viber.com/en/
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viber.voip&hl=en_GB
    (just ordered SIM)

iD Mobile, using (wrong) 3.co.uk network, so- slow, bad reception and... tethering not allowed and... (I have been caught/blocked in the past by 3, very quickly.)
    else, the deal is good, as it includes 4G (as 3G), though my handset is 3G;)
  • Atasas
    edited 19 July 2015 at 6:10PM
    Options
    (please, see first post, as I keep on updating it, as per help and findings)
    Sorry, we are catching up, with catching up :D
    The networks can't detect tethering. They can guess, but your phone doesn't send out a message saying I'm being tethered. If you're paying for 20GBytes of data a month and use less than that you'd probably sail under the radar anyway.
    They can, they do, I have been caught, even virtualising VPN :(
    Also, on HUKD post
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/ask/roll-sim-only-deals-heavy-data-usage-2244813
    windoz5 days, 9 hours agoMark as best answer#8
    REPLYREPORTIGNORE
    I'm currently with ID mobile, on their £20pm shockproof and I've received emails from them on 2 different occasions stating that I'm an excessive user!! ?? (warning me to calm my internet usage down!!)

When speaking to ID mobile on the phone, I asked for a breakdown on the actual usage since I signed up, from what
    I've been told I've used 3.5gb in 35 days???? (how does this equate to excess usage..I'd understand if I had used over 35gb, but 3.5gb???)

I tend to use their data to stream videos, etc. So far I've received 2 email warnings, they mentioned that after the 3rd email, my services would be disconnected!!???

They also stated that customers should be using no more than 1gb per day, if they exceed this then it flags it up on their system, and may send out warnings, I asked them to show me where it states that in their T&C, they said they would be updating that soon.

If we're limited to 1GB a day, why advertise as unlimited internet ???? (hence me only hitting 3.5gb, which would have been on the 2 different occasions where I was streaming videos, hence the 2 warning emails...) They've said, they will question my excessive usage with the technical support team and come back to me, it's been 4 days and no call back.

I was with Three, no issues, no questioning, no wasting time. With ID Mobile, you will get email alerts warning you over petty things.

Not a happy ID mobile customer!
  • Atasas
    edited 20 July 2015 at 2:03PM
    Options
    Whoohoo! Had already GiffGaff, just received the Vectone SIM... and I know I promised to use it (or both or either), but awaiting for the EE one, as that is not "perfect fit", but nearest fit to my needs. Advertised (GiffGaff and Vectone) "Unlimited data" usage is miss-selling, as one doesn't allow tethering and other limits data to 5GB.
    Considering, I am transferring my number (with PAC from 3.co.uk), I will use it on EE plan, with hope past "summer promotion", "autumn promotion" will follow...???
    Anybody knows, how long for SIM's are valid (as to activate etc), once they are delivered? (GiffGaff and Vectone)
  • Atasas
    Options
    I hope it isn't as bad on other networks as it says here:
    http://www.rootmetrics.com/uk/blog/special-reports/year-in-review-2014-uk
    I could only vouch for 3.co network being so so... Seems not that bad in the figures. My Voda (that I'm leaving too) seemed better, just unbearably more expensive and atrocious CS... But in this research is right where sun doesn't shine.
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck with Vectone. You think that Voda and 3 C/S are bad...just wait until you need to deal with the Vectone muppets...you'll think that Voda and 3 were a breeze by comparison!
    Truly Truly AWFUL company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport