Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Go straight to my post 622, which is also linked on page 1 of this thread in the FAQ's, all the detail you need is there.

FAQ's have disappeared from all the Page 1s and post #622 is no longer post #622. Must have been some editing going on.

The poster you were responding appeared to be asking about a refund, not compensation, so I think he/she is in the wrong place anyway.
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    FAQ's have disappeared from all the Page 1s and post #622 is no longer post #622. Must have been some editing going on.

The poster you were responding appeared to be asking about a refund, not compensation, so I think he/she is in the wrong place anyway.

Quite right fifeken, which is worrying, anyway post 569 is where my original post 622 has ended up.
    I'll start asking questions as to where the FAQ's have gone...
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Afia2k8
    Afia2k8 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Quite right fifeken, which is worrying, anyway post 569 is where my original post 622 has ended up.
    I'll start asking questions as to where the FAQ's have gone...

Thank you, I shall have a look over the weekend.

It's for compensation Fifeken, not refund. My bad at the wording.
  • Sunny_snowball
    Options
    Our ryanair flight was cancelled due to the French air traffic controllers strike. We booked the ryanair flight through bravofly. Ryanair are saying they have refunded bravofly, but bravofly say we are not entitled to a refund. Does anyone know why this would happen? Has it happened to anyone else?
    We had to book other flights with another airline to get home.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The contract for travel is clearly with Ryanair, not Bravofly, I won't even ask what possessed you to use an agency, who charge service fees, and one that is not based in the UK (Bravo I think is Italian) I suspect if you go into their terms and conditions they say all flights are non refundable but that is not the case. Your problem is actually enforcing your rights, if it is a lot of money then contact the European Consumer Centre for advice but I suspect you may have an uphill struggle
  • Dagahc
    Options
    Can anyone help please. On the 20/07/14 I was on Ryanair flight FR2131 from Manchester to Lanzarote, which arrived 12 hours late. I am currently looking into insurance and compensation claims however I am not sure of the actual flight arrival time. Ryanair sent the usual sorry for you delay but as it was exceptional circumstances you wont get anything email and stated the flight was 11 hours 55 minutes delayed, which is convenient as I can only claim from my travel insurance if the delay was over 12 hours. We are sure the flight was over 12 hours delayed but can find no way to check this. I have tried this sites link to the flight delay website and although it recognised the flight it didn't hold any information on arrival times.
    Any ideas please.

Thank you
  • WPC123
    WPC123 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Dagahc wrote: »
    Can anyone help please. On the 20/07/14 I was on Ryanair flight FR2131 from Manchester to Lanzarote, which arrived 12 hours late. I am currently looking into insurance and compensation claims however I am not sure of the actual flight arrival time. Ryanair sent the usual sorry for you delay but as it was exceptional circumstances you wont get anything email and stated the flight was 11 hours 55 minutes delayed, which is convenient as I can only claim from my travel insurance if the delay was over 12 hours. We are sure the flight was over 12 hours delayed but can find no way to check this. I have tried this sites link to the flight delay website and although it recognised the flight it didn't hold any information on arrival times.
    Any ideas please.

Thank you

Forget the insurance - probably peanuts anyway but your Ryanair compensation due is 400€ per person plus you have proof delay was over 3 hours. Your post should be on the Ryanair thread where the Doctor gives the best advise.
  • deathsupreme
    Options
    hi all

have tried to apply for compensation regarding our Palma flight (which we ended up spending the night in a hotel) until the next day when they could get us home, only to be told :

Unfortunately we cannot process your application for one of the following reasons:
    Flight has not been cancelled or delayed > 3 hours

i must be going mad, even sent booking flight numbers to a claims company and they said they cant see problem either.

If anyone could explain please as ive no idea :)
  • WPC123
    WPC123 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options

If anyone could explain please as ive no idea :)

Suggest you post date/flight number as impossible to check if we don't know criteria. Likewise which firm did you contact?
  • deathsupreme
    Options
    was euclaim i asked to check into it

From Palma Mallorca (PMI) to Edinburgh (EDI)
    Sat, 31Aug13 Flight FR6657 Depart PMI at 19:10 and arrive EDI at 21:15
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure