"Sky TV price will increase on 1 September 2013 by up to 10% in accordance with our s

Options

Comments

• sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    will no doubt see a mass exit from sky come sept, as most/some will just leave regardless of what % is, any price increase allows you to leave penalty free, same as phone line when they hiked that, as i was one who left to go elsewhere.

not if you sign a contract that says they can up prices 10%.
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    I'm £22 a month for Entertainment Extra and have been since the price freeze days. I've been contemplating cancelling for a while now so if this increase affects me, I will be giving them my notice.

As much as I love Sky, they no longer offer value for money and my life will continue on as normal without it so it's only themselves who'll be losing out.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • flight747
    flight747 Posts: 510 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2013 at 11:59AM
    Options
    post deleted
  • Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ElkyElky wrote: »
    I'm £22 a month for Entertainment Extra and have been since the price freeze days. I've been contemplating cancelling for a while now so if this increase affects me, I will be giving them my notice.

As much as I love Sky, they no longer offer value for money and my life will continue on as normal without it so it's only themselves who'll be losing out.

Well this is wierd? We're on the Entertainment Extra package, or so they tell us. It used to be called 'The Family Package'? Is that the one you mean?

We get all the channels except for movies and sport, with a basic sky box.

Ours went up last September from £25 to £26. I'll have to think seriously about cancelling if the price goes up again. I only keep it really for Gold, Alibi, and Eurosport.

Is this the package you have??

Candy
    What goes around, comes around.
  • benwarwick123
    benwarwick123 Posts: 101 Forumite
    edited 29 June 2013 at 11:15AM
    Options
    Prices from September from a reputable source on digital spy:

Sky entertainment No Change

Sky entertainment extra and plus Up 50p

Sky sports 1 or 2 No change

Sky sports 1 and 2 Up £1

Sky movies No change

Hd pack No change

Multiroom Up £1
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Prices from September from a reputable source on digital spy:
    Let me guess, this "reputable source" is Media Boy?:eek:
  • benwarwick123
    Options
    Candy53 wrote: »
    Well this is wierd? We're on the Entertainment Extra package, or so they tell us. It used to be called 'The Family Package'? Is that the one you mean?

We get all the channels except for movies and sport, with a basic sky box.

Ours went up last September from £25 to £26. I'll have to think seriously about cancelling if the price goes up again. I only keep it really for Gold, Alibi, and Eurosport.

Is this the package you have??

Candy

When sky changed the packages 2 years ago, any customers they had less than all the 6 individual packs e.g. variety,knowledge,lifestyle,kids,news and music were put onto Entertainment extra for the same price and had the £1.50 increase last year. You I think had all 6 packs for £24.50 in 2011 and last years increase brought this up to £26.00 so your still saving 50p on the current price for new customers
  • Candy53
    Options
    When sky changed the packages 2 years ago, any customers they had less than all the 6 individual packs e.g. variety,knowledge,lifestyle,kids,news and music were put onto Entertainment extra for the same price and had the £1.50 increase last year. You I think had all 6 packs for £24.50 in 2011 and last years increase brought this up to £26.00 so your still saving 50p on the current price for new customers

Thanks for explaining it all to me. I still don't understand though why 'ElkyElky' only has to pay £22??

Candy
  • benwarwick123
    benwarwick123 Posts: 101 Forumite
    edited 5 July 2013 at 3:34PM
    Options
    Candy53 wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining it all to me. I still don't understand though why 'ElkyElky' only has to pay £22??

Candy

Elky Elky before the price freeze I think had 2 pack for £20.50 so last years £1.50 increase brought him up to £22.

Before the Price Freeze in 2011 sky basic tv packages were as followed:

1 pack - £19.50
    2 pack - £20.50
    3 pack - £21.50
    4 pack - £22.50
    5 pack - £23.50
    6 pack - £24.50

People on more than 1 pack were moved onto Entertainment Extra and charged a reduced amount due to the price freeze.

Basic Tv Packages from September 2013 for new customers will be :

Entertainment £21.50 ( entertainment and lifestyle )

Entertainment Extra £27.00 ( enter,lifestyle,music,news,kids,docus)

Entertainment Extra Plus £32.00(enter,lifestyle,music,news,kids,docus and HD)

Existing customers pre price freeze could have entertainment extra for anything from £23 to £26.50 per month from September 2013
  • Candy53
    Options
    Ah, got it ben thanks. :)

Candy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing