• Doonhamer
    Doonhamer Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's working now, thanks Heinz.
    Only Sheep Need A Shepherd
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Doonhamer wrote: »
    It's working now, thanks Heinz.
    As they've not replied to my e-mail, I can't be sure it was that which prompted them to check (and fix) the problem - but I can hope!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Heinz
    Options
    For future reference of anyone who receives one of 1899/18185/18866's "Your payment has failed" e-mails (which appear to arrive even though there's no reason for a credit/debit card or direct debit call to have failed), the way to recover the situation is to clear the outstanding invoice by making a BACS payment direct from any* bank account to Connect Telecom.

I know that the details required for a 1899 payment are as below and, as 1899, 18185 and 18866 are all essentially the same company, it is reasonable to assume that the first 3 lines apply to all 3 'companies' - with the vital part being the 9-digit customer account number in the fourth line.
    Pay to: CONNECT TELECOM UK
    Sort code: 15-10-00
    Account number: 22069880
    Reference: The relevant 9-digit 1899, 18185 or 18866 A/C number
    * This does not have to be your own account (I've made payments for my step-daughter - who has a completely different surname to me).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • jiji
    jiji Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    For future reference of anyone who receives one of 1899/18185/18866's "Your payment has failed" e-mails (which appear to arrive even though there's no reason for a credit/debit card or direct debit call to have failed), the way to recover the situation is to clear the outstanding invoice by making a BACS payment direct from any bank account Connect Telecom.

I know that the details required for a 1899 payment are as below and, as 1899, 18185 and 18866 are all essentially the same company, it is reasonable to assume that the first 3 lines apply to all 3 'companies' - with the vital part being the 9-digit customer account number in the fourth line.

Who is cheapest call provider for uk & canada. Yours lelp much appreciated. Thanks.
  • Heinz
    Options
    jiji wrote: »
    Who is cheapest call provider for uk & canada. Yours lelp much appreciated. Thanks.
    http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/callchecker/
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, just a quick question, our 18185 bill is around £12 per month, 90% of these calls are made in the evenings and weekends. I already have broadband with madasafish, is it worth me taking up the £9.99 a month for free eveing and weekend calls?

I know i will not be able to sue the dialer then, just unsure if it the right thing to do?

Thanks
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    deefadog wrote: »
    Hi, just a quick question, our 18185 bill is around £12 per month, 90% of these calls are made in the evenings and weekends. I already have broadband with madasafish, is it worth me taking up the £9.99 a month for free eveing and weekend calls?

I know i will not be able to sue the dialer then, just unsure if it the right thing to do?

Thanks

It would be better if you followed this plan and used Primus Saver 2 for Free Evening and Weekend calls in conjunction with 18185.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=1598074&postcount=3
  • deefadog
    Options
    Thanks, totally forgot about that!

gone through Quidco to uswitch for £16 cashback but i only can only select
    Primus Talk 1 package, this is the wrong one isin't?
  • Heinz
    Options
    deefadog wrote: »
    gone through Quidco to uswitch for £16 cashback but i only can only select Primus Talk 1 package, this is the wrong one isin't?
    Yes, you want Primus Saver Option 2.

You may be able to get it to come up using muffinhead's clever workaround - but I couldn't get that to work myself yesterday.
  • deefadog
    Options
    Wow thanks, just did this and it worked :)

Lets hopw quidco tracks now :)

So i guess next step is they will let me know when the change will happen? then i'll have to configure my v4 box.

Any tips on this?

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family