Signing up for call1899/18866/18185

Options

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    deefadog wrote: »
    So i guess next step is they will let me know when the change will happen? then i'll have to configure my v4 box.

Any tips on this?
    You can check if the service is active by using BT's Charge Advice service:

Lift handset and dial *411# and listen for message. Replace handset.

Make a UK 01/02 call (preferably evening or weekend so, if you're still on BT, it'll only cost 4½p). If the exchange automatically calls you back immediately after the call with the approx cost of the call, you're still on BT. If there's no immediate call back, the call has gone (free) over Primus.

You can switch off BT Charge Advice with #411#

There is no need to use the 1280 prefix when switching Charge Advice on or off (even after Primus has gone live).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks s0 much! How long does it normally take to switch over?
  • Heinz
    Options
    Thanks s0 much! How long does it normally take to switch over?
    10 to 15 days.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • deefadog
    Options
    Many thanks!
  • deefadog
    Options
    Righty then! Looks like it all gone through today, no call back from bt :)

Got the cw client open, so is it just a case of adding "no routing" to eveing and weekend calls?

Also what calls are free on primus option 2 - only local? or others? (can't see it on their website)
  • Heinz
    Options
    Got the cw client open, so is it just a case of adding "no routing" to eveing and weekend calls?

Also what calls are free on primus option 2 - only local? or others? (can't see it on their website)
    'No Routing' (a 0 in the box) for 01 and 02 calls.

All (not just 'local' - whatever that now means) UK 01/2 calls of up to 90 minutes between 6pm and 8am Monday to Friday and between 6pm Friday and 8am Monday are free.

PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you an Excel file showing how the relevant parts of the CW Client program page look.
  • markw5
    markw5 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    Yes, you want Primus Saver Option 2.

You may be able to get it to come up using muffinhead's clever workaround - but I couldn't get that to work myself yesterday.

Just tried to get this to work. USwitch only offered me Primus Talk 1
  • Heinz
    Options
    markw5 wrote: »
    Just tried to get this to work. USwitch only offered me Primus Talk 1
    The workaround just worked for me - did you follow miffinhead's post exactly?
  • deefadog
    Options
    Well workaround never worked for me neither, so have put in a claim with quidco! Fingers crossed :)

Also, i have logged into my primus account, but i can't see my bill untill the first bill is issued. is there anyway to check my calls before this? - Just still a bit nervous these free evening and weekend calls are still with BT (I have dine the ring back trick and it does seem i have gone over)!
  • Heinz
    Options
    Also, i have logged into my primus account, but i can't see my bill untill the first bill is issued. is there anyway to check my calls before this? - Just still a bit nervous these free evening and weekend calls are still with BT (I have dine the ring back trick and it does seem i have gone over)!
    No - one of the shortcomings of Primus is the lack of the ability to view a 'near real time' call log online.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure