• Did you have any problems?
  • Did it pay what it said it would?
The feedback comes as part of the

articlealert.gif

Comments

• ahiphopjunkie
    ahiphopjunkie Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 9 February 2011 at 11:22PM
    Check the terms and conditions carefully. O2 Recycle WILL reduce your payment for any minor cosmetic damage on the phone not just chips and cracks, so the quote you see is not necessarily what you get. Not happy with them reducing my payment by 10% for a couple of scuffs on a used phone, but nothing you can do about it as they wont send the handset back.
  • markdavey
    markdavey Posts: 617 Forumite
    Above post is !!!!.

Clearly states on the website:

We will not reduce your mobile phone's price based on scratches, chips or other signs of general wear and tear!

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    What you see is what you get.
    Get your phone back for free if you are not happy with our price.
  • sent galaxy s last tuesday, confirmation thurs, and money in bank tues. excellent service.
  • markdavey wrote: »
    Above post is !!!!.

Clearly states on the website:

We will not reduce your mobile phone's price based on scratches, chips or other signs of general wear and tear!

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    What you see is what you get.
    Get your phone back for free if you are not happy with our price.

The above post you refer to markdavey was correct at the time of posting as o2 used to be quite strict on the condition of the phone and would reduce the offer for scratches and other minor wear and tear or minor damage.

I assume to compete in a competitive market they have had to look at their offer and improve it to the statement you are referring to, and hence why MSE is looking for up to date feedback on your experience.

P&S
  • Having now recycled three phones in the past three years, O2 Recycle was by far the quickest of the three companies I used.

Got the quote Friday, printed off the address label and sent the phone the same day. I received a text on Tuesday afternoon and an email as well to confirm the phone has been accepted and my payment will be sent inside five days. Received payment Friday.

They don't reduce the payment if your phone has cosmetic damage and all profits go to charity, plus they told me just how much waste I stopped going to landfill, which was nice! Highly recommended.
  • I recycled an old Nokia N95 8GB.. they quoted me £48 in the shop, but I received £52 back from them.

Fast and efficient.. and they paid more..

Will use again :D
    :exclamatiTo the internet.. I need to complain about something!
  • bmunky7
    bmunky7 Posts: 217 Forumite
    Just got offered 25% reduction for what they claim are "large cracks" whilst there was nothing but minor cosmetic damage when I sent the phone. Requested it returned. Would be very wary before using them.
    I'm proud of my advice, if others want to look I say enjoy the show!
  • Nat1977
    Nat1977 Posts: 222 Forumite
    If you take it into the shop, do they pay you there and then? or do you have to wait for them to send it off?
  • bmunky7
    bmunky7 Posts: 217 Forumite
    I had my offer from O2 reduced by 25% for what they claimed were "large cracks" but when I had phone returned and sent it to fonebank instead they gave me the full quoted price on their site, which was £1 or something less than O2 had quoted originally. Funny that.
    I'm proud of my advice, if others want to look I say enjoy the show!
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I sent 4 phones in, all paid out in full, in 5 days.

Very happy with the service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport