BT Retail - new line installation offer: £29.99

Options
gt94sss2
gt94sss2 Posts: 5,633 Forumite
Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
EDIT: BT have extended this offer to the 31 December 2008.

BT are offering to install new lines for £29.99 until the end of [strike]June 2008[/strike]December 2008 - as long as you agree to an 18 month contract with them.

Full details are here but it basically says:
This Special Offer is available to eligible residential customers between 1st October 2008 and 31st December 2008 (inclusive) who agree to take Unlimited Weekend Plan, Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan, or Unlimited Anytime Plan for a minimum period of 18 months.

Customers taking this Special Offer will receive a discount of£95.00 Inc. VAT off our current standard new line connection price of £124.99Inc. VAT.

Calling Plan monthly charges including line rental are:
Unlimited Weekend Plan £10.50* Inc. VAT Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan£13.20 * Inc. VAT Unlimited Anytime Plan £16.45* Inc. VAT.

The saving will be shown under the Rental Charges section of your bill, or if you have paper-free billing, this will be shown on your e-bill. If you are a Pay&Call customer you will see this credited to your Pay&Call Moneybox account.

Customers taking this Special Offer must remain on a Calling Plan for 18 months from the date of purchase.

Customers ceasing service during the minimum period of the special offer will be asked to pay, as a single payment, a sum which is equal to the total of the standard line rental charges (currently, £11.75inc. VAT per month) left in the 18 month minimum period.

This special offer is only available to residential customers on:
Unlimited Weekend Plan, Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan, Unlimited Anytime Plan BT Working Together (for residential lines) BT Working Together Talk (for residential lines) or BT Pay&Call.

Service is provided under the Conditions for BT Telephony Services and the additional conditions set out below:

1. BT Together - Local Calls Option, BT Working Together, BT Working Together Talk, are no longer available for new supply, so existing customers taking this special offer will not be able to return to these packages.
2. Customers must make at least 30 chargeable or inclusive calls every three month period or 10 chargeable calls or chargeable inclusive calls per month if you are billed monthly.
3. Customers can only apply for this special offer once in any 18 month period.
4. Customers may upgrade their Calling Plan but they may not downgrade within the minimum period.
5. Customers who qualify for BT Basic may migrate without fulfilling the remainder of their minimum period.
6. Customers moving home and retaining an account with BT will take the remaining minimum period with them.
7. At the end of the minimum period customers will continue to pay their Calling Plan charges. Customers wishing to move to a new Calling Plan at the end of the minimum period may do so by contacting BT.
8. Customers who are still in term with some other residential offers are excluded from this Special Offer.
9. BT reserves the right to withdraw this Special Offer at any time.
10. All prices are subject to change.

* For customers who have paper-free billing (otherwise add£1.25 inc. VAT) and pay by direct debit or monthly payment plan and who spend at least £10.49 (Inc. VAT) on rental charges per month Not all of our services are available for paper-free billing.

If you do not pay by direct debit or monthly payment plan you will be charged a payment processing fee of£1.50 per month or £4.50for every three month period by BT Payment Services Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BT. This fee is not subject to VAT. This fee will be deducted from any money paid before any payment is allocated against charges for your service. All amounts due which are not paid by direct debit or monthly payment plan will be collected by BT Payments Services Limited.
Regards
Sunil

Comments

• MissMuppet
    MissMuppet Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    Options
    I have just called BT, got through to the Customer Options Team and have been told that this offer is only for those customers coming back from a cable supplier!!! I didn't say wherer I heard about the offer but she said that it's not common knowledge, son it shouldn't have been mentioned.

Soooo it's a no go for me, they are just about to close my account, not offering me anything at all to try and keep me!!! :(
  • gt94sss2
    Options
    MissMuppet wrote: »
    I have just called BT, got through to the Customer Options Team and have been told that this offer is only for those customers coming back from a cable supplier!!! I didn't say wherer I heard about the offer but she said that it's not common knowledge, son it shouldn't have been mentioned.

The offer is available to everyone who wants a new BT line installed - not only those customers coming back from a cable company but also existing BT customers who want a 2nd line and for 'new builds' (where no line exists at the moment)
    Soooo it's a no go for me, they are just about to close my account, not offering me anything at all to try and keep me!!!
    Sorry.. I'm not sure I understand - are you an existing BT customer?

BT are not allowed to offer discounts/tariffs which don't appear on the price list - hence they don't make offers such as you describe.

Regards
    Sunil
  • MissMuppet
    Options
    I am a BT customer, moving house next week to a flat which doesn't have a line... they are charging me £124.99 to put one in! So I called as above and the woman I spoke to assured me that this offer was only for customers returning from cable, not just new customers or existing ones who want a 2nd line...

Not sure what I could really say to that, she was about to close my account so obviously not that bothered about losing my business.
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Options
    Try giving them another call, you may get someone who will sort it for you.

What do you have to lose?
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    MissMuppet wrote: »
    Not sure what I could really say to that, she was about to close my account so obviously not that bothered about losing my business.
    I'd suggest you could say, "Please call up Notice 21/08, that is the offer I want."

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Notice08_boo/SNL21-08.pdf
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • MissMuppet
    Options
    I've called them 3 times now, I don't think I can handle a 4th... if I am feeling up to it I will try again tomorrow!
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    I'd suggest you could say, "Please call up Notice 21/08, that is the offer I want."

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Notice08_boo/SNL21-08.pdf

Sounds like you are allowed it MissMuppet.

Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Ask them to read out 21.08 to you and explain why you are not allowed the lower install cost.
  • gt94sss2
    Options
    Yes, i would advise you to keep calling and eventually one of them will do it for you.

You may want to try 0808 100 2425 instead - ask as soon as they answer your call if they know about the deal if not, hang up immediately and keep phoning til you get someone who knows about it.

Sounds as if those who think it is only for cable customers coming back to BT have either been mistrained or misinformed.

Regards
    Sunil
  • MissMuppet
    Options
  • Wayne3765
    Wayne3765 Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    2. Customers must make at least 30 chargeable or inclusive calls every three month period or 10 chargeable calls or inclusive
    calls per month if you are billed monthly.
    Interesting , wonder if they'd bill you for the £95 discount if you failed to make the 30 chargeable calls ?

knowing BT I'd guess we'll see a flood of complaints here in a few months time ............. BT charged me £95 for not making enough calls.......... ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure