The DFW Red/Green Support Group-JOIN HERE!

Good morning,
After feeling truly despondant yet again about my spiralling weight, I decided to bite the bullet, get back into control and start Slimming World. Now as many people are aware, going to a weekly class is not exactly DFW so I figured that between all of us DFW's there's enough knowledge to do it as a support group and swop ideas, recipes etc.

I know there is a group already elsewhere but I wanted it to stay here on DFW as we are a close bunch and I feel 'secure' around you lot!

To make it DFW, I suggest that perhaps we take the amount we would pay for a class (£5 p/w) and put it aside each week (or any amount you want) and then use it to reward yourself at the end of a month with a 'treat', clothes, makeup, whatever motivates you!

I know there are quite a few good cooks on here that can think up great ideas for 'FREE' meals and I intend to go to the weekly classes so can keep everyone aware of the weekly password for the intranet site.

Are you up for it? New members always welcome :j (that's me going for my bronze award on Body Magic! lol)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale

Comments

• Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    ooh me me!! :D
    I'm def up for this - was thinking the other day that I'd like to do this again, but I realy can't justify the cost of going to the classes!

I will weigh myself later - eek - but I would like to lose about 1.5st and tone up too - which will have to be done in a free way!

I will commit to a DFW slant - the hour and a half I would usually take out on a tues eve to go to class, I hereby promise to spend that time doing something truely MSE/DFW, whether that be listing on ebay (and we all know how much I hate that lol!!!), entering competitions etc.

I have lots of clothes in smaller sizes, just waiting to be worn! So it makes DFW sense to slim into them.

Thanks Bunny - I hope we can keep this thread on here :)

Sea xx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    good luck guys - I am doing a different diet, so won't join this thread as such, but just wanted to say that I am sure you will all succeed, with the support and ideas that you can give each other!

Here's to a load of skinny DFW'ers :beer:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Sea78
    Forumite
    Hey Hypno - when you ease off the Atkins, the red days on SW are actually quite similar and also ensure you have the necessary healthy options, so always something to consider!

Sea xxx

• Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ok, I know I can't exactly diet in the traditional sense right now but I am worried about gaining an absolute ton of weight so I'd like to join too. I'll be keeping an eye on eating healthily and not snacking too much on junk (which is what I'm doing a lot of right now).

I've already gained half a stone which is awful really considering I was 1.5 stone overweight to begin with. I've been feeling so sick and have been nibbling all day on cookies and blueberry muffins (all that seems to help). I am actually getting to the point where none of my regular clothes fit and it's way too early for maternity clothes so I'd have to go and buy stuff in bigger siizes. That's no good seeing as I have too many clothes as it is. I am now the heaviest I've ever been in my life (even when 9 months pregnant) and it's making me miserable. So, no dieting but I do really need to keep an eye on what I'm eating and try to keep the weight gain down to some sort of a sensible level.
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    That is a good idea Sea, thank you! I have a number of excellent cook books for SW, so could have a rummage through for red day recipies!

If anyone wants curry recipies, let me know - one of my best SW books is SW curries - fabulous!!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Sea78
    Forumite
    Hang on - how on earth did I miss this news??? Toto! Share all:D Congrats!!

• Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sea78 wrote: »
    Hang on - how on earth did I miss this news??? Toto! Share all:D Congrats!!

umm I dunno sea lol, I did a 'live' pregnancy test on dfw. In a nutshell we went to florida in february and came home with a little extra baggage :D . It's early days, only 8 weeks and no one in our real lives knows yet, we're waiting for a bit to tell anyone. But of course I couldn't keep a secret from all of you, could I.
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • Sea78
    Forumite
    Well, congrats!! :D

I remained at SW throughout my second pg - still put on nearly 3 stone, but reckon it would have been more if I hadn't have gone!!

• SuzySu
    SuzySu Posts: 3,478 Forumite
    Oh yes please......I'd love to join. I have a few SW recipie books at home so could volunteer to post them up here if anyone was interested. Not sure I could commit to posting one recipie a day, but would certainly be willing to post one FREE red and one FREE green a week - maybe at the weekend so peeps could shop for their ingredients and cook during the week.

Are we all going to weigh ourselves on the same day each week like the classes? I lost 1st doing SW but couldn't justify the cost each week and have put some back on :o . With Summer just around the corner (yeah....right) it would benefit all of us.

Fab idea keeping it on here Bunny......I know what you mean. I feel more at home on the DFW site too.
    YOUR = belonging to you (your coat); YOU'RE = you are (I hope you're ok)

really....it's not hard to understand :T
  • Congratulations Toto!

I'd love to join the DFW SW gang, as I need to loose weight..... have NO info on it other than you have red/green days, so I'd better go find some information on it from somewhere! Otherwise count me in!

Sarah x
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure