LloydsTSB Fixed rate Isa 6.5%

Options
For those that have £9,000 to transfer in or pay in Lloyds are offering 1 year fixed at 6.5% with no withdrawal. Seems a good deal

Madgpol

Comments

• Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Up to 6.5% AER tax-free*Tax free rate fixed for 12 months

Only available until 31/05/08
    Hmm, they've kind of left the door open on that one haven't they? Is this rate going to be available for people to transfer-in for as long as 4 months?
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Fella
    Fella Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Excellent deal.
  • tradetime
    tradetime Posts: 3,200 Forumite
    Options
    Milarky wrote: »
    Hmm, they've kind of left the door open on that one haven't they? Is this rate going to be available for people to transfer-in for as long as 4 months?

Interesting....if they truly are gonna keep it open that long, should set up a nice bidding war for ISA's
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

"Never in the history of the world has there been a situation so bad that the government can't make it worse." Unknown
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    tradetime wrote: »
    Interesting....if they truly are gonna keep it open that long, should set up a nice bidding war for ISA's

Thats what i was thinking.;) L/TSB are clearly giving people long enough to transfer ISA funds in + stick the next tax years allowance in as well.
  • SalsaDanca
    Options
    I've just phoned Lloyds TSB to apply for the fixed rate ISA. During the application I was asked for more personal information than I would expect to give when applying for a credit card or opening a new current account. In addition to the information that they needed to open the account and transfer the balance from my existing ISA, they wanted to know:
    • My job title, my employer's address, and how long I had worked there
    • My take-home pay, and if I am paid weekly or monthly
    • Whether my house is owned or rented, and my monthly mortgage payment
    • Who provides my home & contents insurance, when it's due for renewal, and did I want to get a quote from Lloyds TSB
    They also warned me that they would do a credit search as part of the application process. You can only apply for this account by phone if you already have a Lloyds TSB current account, so they should have most of this information already. It is hard to believe that Lloyds TSB could increase the amount of junk mail that they send me, but it looks like they're going to give it their best shot.
  • humfer
    humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey this looks like a cracking deal. Both my wife and I have ISA at Abbey which has a bonus that runs out in May so I was starting to wonder where to transfer the cash. Reckon this Lloyds one is a winner, especially as we already bank with them

Most of my cash is in my Abbey ISA but I also have an ISA with NS&I with 2007/2008 limit in. Am I right to open the Lloyds account by initially transferring the Abbey ISA and then the NS&I one afterwards. Assuming Lloyds will send out all the relevant paperwork? My wifes is all in the Abbey so that should be more straight forward
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SalsaDanca wrote: »
    I've just phoned Lloyds TSB to apply for the fixed rate ISA. During the application I was asked for more personal information than I would expect to give when applying for a credit card or opening a new current account. In addition to the information that they needed to open the account and transfer the balance from my existing ISA, they wanted to know:
    • Who provides my home & contents insurance, when it's due for renewal, and did I want to get a quote from Lloyds TSB
    They also warned me that they would do a credit search as part of the application process. You can only apply for this account by phone if you already have a Lloyds TSB current account, so they should have most of this information already. It is hard to believe that Lloyds TSB could increase the amount of junk mail that they send me, but it looks like they're going to give it their best shot.

I can understand they want to keep the undesirables out. Heaven forbid some of those 161,000 Egg customers may apply.
  • tradetime
    tradetime Posts: 3,200 Forumite
    Options
    SalsaDanca wrote: »

I suspect they want to collect as much information as possible so they'll have a repectable amount to lose.
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

"Never in the history of the world has there been a situation so bad that the government can't make it worse." Unknown
  • h5djr
    h5djr Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    My wife and I both have a joint current account with Lloyds TSB as well as each having 26k+ in existing Lloyds TSB ISAs. I telephoned Lloyds yesterday and they were happy to transfer both accounts into their new 6.5% ISA over the telephone. We were going to transfer the ISAs to IceSave but this way we get a slightly better rate and keep our amounts in different banks below the 35k level.
  • MiserlyMartin
    Options
    Has anybody opened this ISA by solely using a transfer form, from another ISA? I can't subscribe to it in this tax year. I'm assuming that Lloyds allow us to open the ISA in this way, am I right?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure