I've just worked out that if we can come up with an extra £250 per month...

...we'll be debt free by next Christmas! :eek:

We've been paying £1200 off the debt every month plus what I save out of the budget on the Grocery Challenge which has usually been another £100 or so.

Then our eldest started paying £200 a month keep - so then it was £1500 (or so)

Then we got almost £1000 back from Powergen cos they'd been charging us on the wrong tariff. (ie not the one it said on our statement.)

Then a family member repaid the money we'd lent them when they were in a desperate situation which we'd never expected to see again to be honest.

And now...

If we can manage to pay £1750 off our debts every month we'll be free and clear by next Christmas. :eek: (apart from the mortgage)

Oh.

My.

God.

Apologies for being all "me me me" but that would be SO-O-O-O-O cool. :beer:

Blimey..

I think I feel an eBay blitz coming on! :D

Love Jacks xxx :D

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein

Comments

• WOW that would be fantastic!!!!!! Do you think it's a realistic target? Got anything you could ebay? 2nd job?
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    are you clicking away and doing lots of surveys too? What you get ie vouchers/money can replace some of the wage money?
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    WOW that would be fantastic!!!!!! Do you think it's a realistic target? Got anything you could ebay? 2nd job?

I dunno about realistic honey, but then paying £1500 a month when you only earn £2600 and the mortgage + bills is nearly £1000 is not really realistic either but somehow we're doing it!

What's £250 a month at minimum wage or thereabouts if i got a evening bar job or something??? About ten hours - or two shifts a week.

That's got to be doable hasn't it?

I keep thinking I must have done the sums wrong....

(I'm so excited I need a pee! :o )

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Jacks_xxx wrote: »
    I dunno about realistic honey, but then paying £1500 a month when you only earn £2600 and the mortgage + bills is nearly £1000 is not really realistic either but somehow we're doing it!

What's £250 a month at minimum wage or thereabouts if i got a evening bar job or something??? About ten hours - or two shifts a week.

That's got to be doable hasn't it?

I keep thinking I must have done the sums wrong....

(I'm so excited I need a pee! :o )

Well 10 hours at minimum wage (5.52) would work out about £239 a month... :) Bare in mind the tax though if you're working 2 jobs..
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Jacks_xxx
    chevalier wrote: »
    are you clicking away and doing lots of surveys too? What you get ie vouchers/money can replace some of the wage money?

Yep. Daily clicks, quidco, mystery shopping, eBay, Amazon car boot sales...We do it all as much as we possibly can.

But now we need to do MORE! I haven't got the little one (she's 12! :p ) clicking yet but I think it might be time that she started!

I'm shaking a little bit at the thought of actually getting there.

I knew we would eventually, but blimey. :eek:

I might do an new SOA too and see if anybody can see what I could do differently.

Cheers sweetie,

• Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is this the start of your 'clear the debt by dec 2008' diary Jacks?

I'm ready to get you there by virtual cheering and slapping, when required :)

I have just set a really tough budget for 2008. If I can stick to it and we have no nasty surprises we should hit the savings target. In January I swore when i sold the house and paid off the debt I would repay that money into savings in 18 months. If I can stick to next years budget by Dec 2008 (23 months after debt clearing) I will double the original target.

I'm here to go head to head if you like :D
    :A
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • Wow Jacks that's fantastic!!!! When you look back, can you really believe how much you have achieved? You are an inspiration. I really hope you do it. :T

Good luck
    xx
    Debt at LBM (March 2006): £30,000 :eek:
    DEBT FREE SINCE APRIL 2008!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!
  • Jacks_xxx
    Toto wrote: »
    Is this the start of your 'clear the debt by dec 2008' diary Jacks?

I'm ready to get you there by virtual cheering and slapping, when required :)

I have just set a really tough budget for 2008. If I can stick to it and we have no nasty surprises we should hit the savings target. In January I swore when i sold the house and paid off the debt I would repay that money into savings in 18 months. If I can stick to next years budget by Dec 2008 (23 months after debt clearing) I will double the original target.

I'm here to go head to head if you like :D

Let's do it honeybun!

I'd love to have a partner in crime.

I've never been brave enough to start a diary so far though. I always think who wants to read about my very very dull life - and what if nobody "talks" to me???? :eek:

Sh!tting hell...

I've just thought...

If we're free and clear in Dec 2008 then we'll have paid off £96700 (and change!) in 28 months.

I feel a bit ill. :confused:

• Jacks_xxx wrote: »

If we're free and clear in Dec 2008 then we'll have paid off £96700 (and change!) in 28 months.

I feel a bit ill. :confused:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: HOW MUCH???? That is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • falady
    falady Posts: 584 Forumite
    Wow!!!

Well done Jacks - that's amazing! I'm so impressed. You should be really proud of yourself - it just shows what can be done if you put your mind to it!

You have inspired me to start doing ebay / pigsback / quidco etc to earn a bit extra. I have started by selling my old ipod today for £30, and i'm sure the house is full of crap ( / ahem... treasures) which can go on ebay. I'm going to hunt out martin's articles on what to do......

Well done again - fantastic news!

Ali xxx
    Not Buying It 2015 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills