Sky plus £49 for existing customers

Options

Comments

• allanhendy69
    Options
    We had the bare minimum package before now, and actually cancelled three months ago.

But calling today it appears that they didnt actually stop it and we owed £130 odd, kicked up a little fuss and they wrote that off and we took out the full package with the free sky plus and multi room.

Can cancel all the premium channels after a month if we want, but prob gonna keep the sport for the footy, will prob cancel movies, as from memory most of them are dire!
  • busybird
    busybird Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We were on the four mix + sports - totalling £36 per month. We signed up for the same again. We cancelled the movies a while ago because we never watched them.
  • patchwork_cat
    patchwork_cat Posts: 5,874 Forumite
    Options
    I rang up 3 times on the trot to get this - second person I spoke to said - I'll put you through to cancellations they will be able to do a deal for you if you don't leave. I was then on hold for too long, so I put the phone down. Next time I got lost on transferring and finally - I said - I was trying to get through to cancellations, but I got cut off, I rang up to cancel my sub, but the guy I spoke to said you would do me a deal on sky + if I changed my mind,.

So if you are getting nowhere you could ring up and pretend that you had been cut off while trying to be transferred and they said they would do a deal.

However the sky man is here at the moment and he says he can't put the new dish were the old one was due to health & safety and is wanting to run the cable halfway around the house at head height!! We said no do it at DPC level . He also wanted £25 if we didn't let him run a telphone wire all round our doors and round the room to the TV.Hey ho nothing is ever simple is it? So now we have a redundant dish on the roof that is going to cost to take down, a dish above the bedroom window on the front and flipping telephone cable runing half way around the house!
  • simon08_2
    Options
    rung up twice, got told the price was £209, I have emailed james murdoch, only for it to be passed onto someone else, they stated that the price was £210 and they wouldnt budge on that. whats the cancellation number to ring?
  • rebelwithacause
    Options
    wow a big thanks to everyone,
    i have been reading this thread for weeks trying to pluck up the courage to phone sky for a sky+ box.
    managed to get my oh to phone last week but he got nowhere, only an offer for £99 plus £30 install.
    oh tried again today and got put through to a lovely scottish lady who after about 30 minutes of chatting and after offering sky plus for £49 we finally got offered it completely free WOOHOOOOO!!!! the only downside is i had to take sky movies at an extra £10 per mnth but can cancel after 1 mnth, it is being fitted on the 18th (earliest available date)
    i am well chuffed and couldnt have got it wthout this thread so a big thx again. WOOHOOOOO!!!
  • t-elle
    t-elle Posts: 244 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    However the sky man is here at the moment and he says he can't put the new dish were the old one was due to health & safety and is wanting to run the cable halfway around the house at head height!! We said no do it at DPC level . He also wanted £25 if we didn't let him run a telphone wire all round our doors and round the room to the TV.Hey ho nothing is ever simple is it? So now we have a redundant dish on the roof that is going to cost to take down, a dish above the bedroom window on the front and flipping telephone cable runing half way around the house!

Totally opposite of our installer who climbed a 3 storey ladder and also made up a telephone cable to connect sky and said do what you like with it. Guess it depends on who you get, ours was from an independent shop. ;)
  • Flexible_Friend
    Options
    When my 2 Sky engineeers (permanent Sky engineers) refused to climb over the flat garage roof with the ladders because of "health and safety" I rang Sky up on the spot and gave them a boll***ing and told them to send someone else who wasn't sacred of heights and not to pay these 2 clowns their Sunday overtime rates. They sent another engineer (a contractor) the next week who didn't have any qualms about heights (he was up the ladder in no time). He told me that the permanent engineers just want an easy life. So don't put up with any bulls**t. By the way, it was a free installation after following the advice on this website.
  • keith99_2
    keith99_2 Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    Options
    eslick wrote: »
    just a watch out , i mentioned the referrals board to someone a few weeks ago and mentioned that existing sky views could get free sky+ and the other person would get sky+ as well and they may be able to get it to. They PM messaged me and asked if I would refer them, was happy to do so for a fellow MSE and you guessed it they got their free sky+ and wouldnt send me a message back. "Dude" know who he is. :(

Name and shame them.
  • archer5
    archer5 Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    mymatebob wrote: »
    Subtext - go away and don't bother us.

I love my SKY movies but thought I would try to cut back financially. So I also e-mailed Sky and got calls back and declined their reduction in monthly price to 'see me through' a difficult period. I also am due to be 'turned off' next week but really want to stay but be upgraded. So I call them to ensure the cut off IS still going through as planned and see if they can make me an offer. I hope they can. When I last reduced the package - it took 2 months and I had to upgrade.... Thing is the programmes are now not the biz.... not the biz at all... but why shouldn't they upgrade a service every so often ? They upgrade the price!
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I should have my Sky + by 1pm today, engineer phoned yesterday to say he'd be here between 9am and 1pm :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure