A38 Direct Cars - Problems?

Options
zoeisababe
zoeisababe Posts: 319 Forumite
Hi.

Im a newbie here and just thought i would ask if anyone has heard of the above car company?
I purchase a car off them 7 weeks 5 days ago and had numerous faults with it. We wrote a letter to them within 7 days notifying them with all the faults.
They then picked the car up from us (they are around 150 miles away from us) and have not returned it.
This was 4 weeks ago yesterday. They have had the car longer than we have owned it.
They keep promising to return the car but failing to do so making up many excuses and basically wasting my time. I;ve spent the last 3 afternoons waiting it because they promised it was going to be delivered for it not to be AGAIN!
Where do i stand? can i get a full refund? they have already sold my car i part ex'ed...really confused...has anyone else experienced this company?
Any replies appreciated.
Zoe
:mad:
:jMarried on 12.12.12 to the best man alive! - FACT!:j

Comments

• Bowdyjan18
    Bowdyjan18 Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    Phone trading standards :)
  • zoeisababe
    Options
    Bowdyjan18 wrote: »
    Phone trading standards :)

Phoned consumer direct...who have referred the matter to trading standards.
    I cannot reject the car, they have to fix it or replace it now..grrr its so annoying i just want my money back and my car that i part ex'ed and go elsewhere...so much hassle.
    Found a few other people online who have had problems with this company.
  • Bowdyjan18
    Bowdyjan18 Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    zoeisababe wrote: »
    Phoned consumer direct...who have referred the matter to trading standards.
    I cannot reject the car, they have to fix it or replace it now..grrr its so annoying i just want my money back and my car that i part ex'ed and go elsewhere...so much hassle.
    Found a few other people online who have had problems with this company.

Iirc they have a set time to sort it :)
  • zoeisababe
    Options
    SKaur wrote: »
    I brought a car off them in May - luckily my intuition prompted me to get a RAC check, which resulted in proving the car had £1000 worth of faults with it! Some of which they didnt even sort - Im still having problems with them now over a month later as they promised to fix my stereo as it broke in their care and for the past two weeks they've been refusing to do so and even started showing us threatening behaviour! Buying a car from there was a mistake i wont be making again in a hurry!

I got so angry today that i even started a blog!! Feel free to post on it to warn innocent potential customers! its called "ihatea38directcars.blogspot.com"

Conviently my warrenty papers seem to have got lost in the post - not that i think its worth the paper its wrote on!!! :mad:

I'm sorry to hear your having a bad experience too, definitly a trading standards issue!!!

Im now following your blog and have posted a comment. Which car did you purchase? We purchased the Black X5 which is still on the website as SOLD and we part ex'ed the Subaru Impreza WRX STI...which is also on the website as SOLD
  • vjhookham
    vjhookham Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    We have had an horrnedous time A38 Direct Cars, we bought the car in December, it had a major blow out, whilst being driven, which was very frightening, it was only 24 days after we picked it up, they eventually agreed to fix it, but then last Month we finally got it back, very out of pocket, with solicitors fees and having to pay for all repair costs....
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Options
    vjhookham wrote: »
    Hi
    We have had an horrnedous time A38 Direct Cars, we bought the car in December, it had a major blow out, whilst being driven, which was very frightening, it was only 24 days after we picked it up, they eventually agreed to fix it, but then last Month we finally got it back, very out of pocket, with solicitors fees and having to pay for all repair costs....

but if they agreed to fix it why did you have to pay repair costs?

a blow out on a tyre can and will happen due to either damage,wrong tyre pressure, or simply misuse,a lot could happens to a tyre in 24 days.
    ...work permit granted!
  • vjhookham
    Options
    Maybe a quick phone call with all details to watchdog, is required!!
  • zoeisababe
    Options
    That they are getting away with this...I've found so many people complaining about this company now its unreal.
    I've wrote to Autotrader saying they might not want to deal with this company. Also AA Warranty saying they shouldnt be associated with them. And I've made a list of all the complaints i have found online. Can't post links as I'm a newbie but if you are interested PM me and i will mail them all to you.
  • zoeisababe
    Options
    I've mailed watchdog..with all the details of our case and links from other complaints i have found online.
  • SKaur_2
    SKaur_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    zoeisababe wrote: »
    I've mailed watchdog..with all the details of our case and links from other complaints i have found online.

Thats brilliant! lets hope it helps more people out there!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure