Cheap LCD TVs discussion

Options

Comments

• Dumbledore55
    Dumbledore55 Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    Dumbledore did you actually buy this? All sounds good, but I wonder what their service was like...and the TV come to that!
    rgds

Yes I bought it. The quality of the picture is excellent and I really can't fault the delivery service. It was delivered within 72 hours, I got a phonecall the day before to confirm delivery and again they rang about 15 mins before delivery. The two guys who delivered were obviously an independent delivery service but they unpacked the TV and got me to check the screen before they left.

I can't fault them. My OH's best friend is a TV geek and he is so impressed and jealous of our TV - he says that for the money we sepnt you really can't get better.
  • kaza
    kaza Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I bought it. The quality of the picture is excellent and I really can't fault the delivery service. It was delivered within 72 hours, I got a phonecall the day before to confirm delivery and again they rang about 15 mins before delivery. The two guys who delivered were obviously an independent delivery service but they unpacked the TV and got me to check the screen before they left.

I can't fault them. My OH's best friend is a TV geek and he is so impressed and jealous of our TV - he says that for the money we sepnt you really can't get better.

I ordered it on Sat. it said delivered within 21 days, so dont know if I will get it or not?
  • tootsie215
    tootsie215 Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wazza wrote: »
    Can you confirm that this tv is now priced at £399 or was it a different tv?

Yes, I actually bought one on the weekend when they came back on at £399 but now gone back up and out of stock anywhere near me and not available for home delivery.

BTW not as impressed with pic as I thought I would be especially on older movies or programmes. There seems to be a lot of pixelisation (if there is such a word) especially on darker colours. Could this be that its only 50htz or cos I havent got Sky HD. Very disappointed with the pic from my Wii but that may change if I get a different lead maybe. (any suggestions??)
  • hale.berry09
    Options
    Tesco have a LG 19" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview 19LG3000 for under £200 plus double card points ! Perfect size for kids bedroom. they run a free Sky + offer if you sign up to sky but i'm sure that you can get the same offer elsewhere.
    http://http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.2000091/Nr.99.aspx?Ns=P_HIDDEN_Stock_Available%7C1%7C%7CP_SORT_Name&btnResultSort.x=35&btnResultSort.y=1
  • Peckedhen
    Peckedhen Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Just found 19" LG in Asda, Colne for £150..... model 19LG3000. I'm not sure if it's HD ready, not that we need that in the bedroom. It looks like a good buy to me.:confused:
    Preemie hats 9 :j
  • kaza
    kaza Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    kaza wrote: »
    I ordered it on Sat. it said delivered within 21 days, so dont know if I will get it or not?

mines being delivered on Monday, so will let you know
  • L.S.D.
    L.S.D. Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PUREHOMES wrote: »
    I seriously wouldnt scrimp and try and save £50 by buying inferior makes like Hitachi etc......

I would rather stick with brands like Samsung, Sony, Panasonic etc which are quality.
    I just had to answer to this one. Hitachi are head & shoulders above Samsung as a brand name of quality goods. I say this as the owner of a few Samsung products.
    Nice to save.
  • Jockanory
    Jockanory Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    Just rec'd this e-mail from the shopping channel Bid Tv who are selling Sony Bravia 20" LCD TV for £99,I should imagine that's a starting bid but thought it might be of interest to someone.
    http://www.bid.tv/PromotionNavigationPage.aspx?Page=WOW&eeid=020709-bid2
  • Starflower
    Starflower Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    I'm looking to buy my first LCD TV around the £300 mark. I've decided that for my needs (general TV/DVD watching, no games consoles or cable services) that a 720p model will suffice. I am looking for something no bigger than 32".

My question is - does anyone know of any TVs that fit into this requirement that have a USB port to enable me to connect a memory stick & play DIVX/AVI files directly through my TV ?

I understand Samsung are introducing this to their newer models, but trying to identify which ones is a nightmare !

Any help/confirmation from owners would be helpful. As I watch quite a few TV shows this way ;), it would be a big bonus in buying a set that has this feature. Thanks.
  • hm2k
    hm2k Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    So I'm looking at this...

Foehn & Hirsch 32" HD Ready Widescreen LCD TV Freeview 450cd/m2 3000:1 8ms HDMIx3/VGA/Scart X 2 Glossy Black 3 Years Warranty
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/154997

It's £279.97inc vat, which isn't bad at all for a 32" telly.

One thing I do know is that Foehn & Hirsch is eBuyer's own brand, but really, so long as it's good, and does the job, what's wrong with that? After all it has got a 3 year warranty. Not even Samsung offers that!

I had a look at the list here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-LCD-HDTV

And none of them even compare. They are either ugly, less features, or expensive (over £300).

Am I overlooking something here or is it simply a good deal?
    No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport