Ann Summers Organiser

Hi

This is my first post so sorry if I mess it up!

I'm trying to think of ways to make some extra cash for the xmas period, and was considering being a rep - either Ann Summers or Virgin Vie (not a candle party rep or tuppaware cos that doesnt float my boat!!)

Does anyone have any experience of this or any advice??

Thanks!

Comments

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    They're all good. You have to have a very open mind for Ann Summers. The only problem I could see with them is that you have to sell a certain amount before you get paid.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • i used to do ann summers partys, i did enjoy doing them but what i did not like is the running around trying to get the money off the customers.
  • I have been to a few parties but wouldn't have the guts to be an organiser however I have been to a few parties by the same organiser and she is the BEST one I have ever seen.

She's like an actress, she puts herself into character and has a spiel, some jokes, funny anecdotes and it's like listening to a play! The thing about her that I like is she doesn't ridicule anyone, only herself. I could tell you the spiel about the pleasure gel she tells us but I might get banned from here LOL!!! Anyway she claims that she was able to pack in a 5-day per week cleaning job and just goes out and does 3 Ann Summers parties per week and claims to earn in those 9 hours what she earnt in 20 hours as a cleaner plus she has every day free.

With regards to what June1970 correctly said, you will have to chase money up however if you did Avon, bettaware whatever you would still be doing that however with Ann Summers you are in someone elses house in the warm.

Good luck
    April 2006 - £9790.26dr. DFD - March 2011
  • $17mma
    $17mma Posts: 2,619
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi

This is my first post so sorry if I mess it up!

I'm trying to think of ways to make some extra cash for the xmas period, and was considering being a rep - either Ann Summers or Virgin Vie

Hi Debtfreedreamer

With Virgin and Ann S I believe you have to pay for your stock, which wouldnt be a good idea if you are only thinking of doing it over and for the Christmas period. I think both companies give you a little starter kit but to host a party with a variety of stock you will have to purchase more items....

Mind you it would be enjoyable, but thought that the outlay should be considered especially if you are trying to make/save money and not spend..
    All it takes for evil to succeed is for a good man to do nothing!
  • jakemuk
    jakemuk Posts: 973 Forumite
    what chasing of money ?

ann summers is know pay on the night
    Wannabe DFW NERD: Not fully fledged member yet !
    HSBC Bank Charges Reclaim In Progress Total: £1462.56
    HSBC CC Reclaim Total: £180.00 PAID IN FULL :D
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    doesnt it depend on what stock you have, example, if 6 people want a particular item, and you only have 1...you will have to get more, and the customer pays when they get their goods...
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ann summers is not pay on the night it is pay on delivery, and the money is no good we had one recently and the girl was telling us that out of our orders (excess of £250) she will only earn about £25 and out of that she has to pay her travel expences ect. also you do haveto buy your own sample stock, and any prizes for games (i gave up avon cos i thought it was wrong that i had to pay them money for their catalouges. as for the betterware, avon ect you have to build up a really good round to get a half decent reward for your efforts, and i have found that other agents are very territorial, i had one verbally abuse me in the street because i put a book in one of her cutomers doors.

If you find something that works let us know, my christmas fund could be better and i have only 1 present.
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    sorry forgot to say, pennylane66- your stock is just for samples, you actually have to order the customers stuff in and then like i said cash on delivery
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • I do a similar party plan thing but with children's books. We get 24% commission and have to pay for the initial kit but it's not nearly as expensive as some other kits. There's also a cards company that does the same thing, and understandably both of those are manic this time of year. I know the Body Shop have a work at home scheme too.

It all depends on what you want and how much you want to put in, really. I've thought about leaflet drops with the books but I just don't know that it'll be worthwhile and I don't fancy braving the cold and the wind. Maybe I should with Christmas approaching .... :T
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 002 :rotfl:
  • ceegee
    ceegee Posts: 856 Forumite
    These types of things can be hard work, especially the collecting of money, as has been mentioned.

Why not see if you can get hours to suit in a shop.....lots of shops want extra staff at Christmas and you will know exactly how much money you will have coming in. All sorts of hours are available.

Also, what about a car boot sale.... tidies up your home at the same time!

Don't forget, though, that Christmas does not have to be an expensive affair. It is not about spending as much money as possible. If you look carefully, you can find lovely things for just a few pounds.....and it's better to give an inexpensive but appropriate gift that the receiver will love, rather than spend a fortune on something that they might not like.

Also, to keep the cost of Christmas down, without having a less enjoyable time, why not pop over to the Old Style Board? Christmas preparations are well under way over there!
    :snow_grin"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow........":snow_grin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport