Orange Price changes ?

Options

Comments

• Hughesy84
    Hughesy84 Posts: 512 Forumite
    Options
    Tried again - said that I cant until I recieve my text message.

1 is scheduled for 8th and 1 for the 11th Aug.
  • Rpr_2
    Rpr_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Just called Orange to cancel. I stated that I didn't receive a text but info is now on the website. The guy I spoke to initially refused to do anything stating "they system says you aren't going to be affected by the change"

I said how is this possible if call charges are going up I am obviously affected and asked to speak to somebody else. The other fellow agreed that I will be affected and that he will have to escalate the issue and find out why their system is showing me as unaffected.

He is supposed to be calling me back on Friday afternoon, if he doesn't I'll just call back and demand they cancel it based on the T's & Cs
  • Steer
    Steer Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I finally got around to calling, but he said my text is not due till the 10th. He was a really nice guy on the phone,so will wait for the text. In no rush to cancel, but im hoping to push for an early upgrade when i do. Will let you all know
  • korky69
    korky69 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    Steer wrote: »
    I finally got around to calling, but he said my text is not due till the 10th. He was a really nice guy on the phone,so will wait for the text. In no rush to cancel, but im hoping to push for an early upgrade when i do. Will let you all know

i'd not got "the text" either but cancelled mine today
  • Mr_Plough
    Mr_Plough Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I managed to cancel mine today, despite previously being told I'd already agreed to the new terms! Call only took a couple of mins, I've not received the text but said I'd seen the price increase listed on the website in the new terms and that I didn't agree with the new terms so I'd like to cancel. I was asked if I could be persuaded to stay for some more mins, I said no and so the pac code should be in the post with 30 days notice period
  • tmn
    tmn Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Having already negotiated a great deal for myself with the change in T&C's on Saturday, I'm keen to ensure my business partner also gets a good deal. The only difference between our situations is that he renewed in May and went through CPW receiving a Toshiba netbook as part of the upgrade. Has anyone been able to ascertain a definitive answer re cancelling or negotiating a better deal with Orange and where that would leave him with CPW.

Thanks in anticipation

Tim
  • Dead1nside
    Options
    claire6hy wrote: »
    phones4u, i just got a new orange contract thru them
    even getting to keep my number!

Were you previously on Orange PayM? Did you just give Phones4U your PAC code?

I don't really want to leave from Orange, I've already got quite a good deal and don't see many SIM only contracts with enough minutes and unlimited internet to warrant me switching to another provider - however I do want to get something out of this if possible.

Has anyone successfully renegotiated their contract, either got more minutes to stay or money off?

Can you use ask to have your contract cancelled and transferred to Orange PayG?

If not can you port your number out to another provider's PayG and then switch it back to Orange PayM?

Thanks.

Oh and just to make sure, if you're with Orange Direct do you need to 'buy out' the rest of your contract due to a free phone?
  • tmn
    tmn Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I renegotiated and got the following deal:

I was getting and still do get unlimited land line calls and calls to my magic numbers
    I was paying £35/mth - Now paying £25/mth
    I was getting 1200 x net mins - Now getting 2400 x net mins
    Didn't have internet from handset for free, now do unlimited
    I was getting 500 texts and still do
    I was getting free broadband at home and still do

Hope this helps

Cheers

Tim
  • myjess
    myjess Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mr_Plough wrote: »
    I managed to cancel mine today, despite previously being told I'd already agreed to the new terms! Call only took a couple of mins, I've not received the text but said I'd seen the price increase listed on the website in the new terms and that I didn't agree with the new terms so I'd like to cancel. I was asked if I could be persuaded to stay for some more mins, I said no and so the pac code should be in the post with 30 days notice period

Same here except I told them I wanted to cancel straight away. Apparently it should have been done at midnight last night, but my sim is still active!
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    alx100 wrote: »
    Just got off the phone from disconnections, who first tried to give me an extra £10 off every month, but not really after that.

So just said to him i want to disconnect, and will be disconnected on the 14th Sept in the morning. I asked him if there were any other charges to pay, (like a disconnection fee or similar), and he said no; just line rental as per normal, (up to 14th Sept).

So good outcome for me.

Is the £10 off every month until the end of the contract or on going forever ?

darren
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport