articlealert.gif

This thread is specifically to discuss the content of the

Recycle Old Mobiles: No-hassle way to maximise the cash Article

To discuss or ask a question about the article: click reply

Read the old thread

Comments

• LNORRIS
    LNORRIS Posts: 13 Forumite

Well I just wanted to let people know of a nother company who are great for recycling mobile phones https://www.therecyclingfactory.com, very helpful, very friendly and I got a good price for my phone which to be honest I thought would be better used as a door stop!!!
    :j
  • mushypeaman
    mushypeaman Posts: 151
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    :mad: I sent eight old mobiles to Tesco over 5 months ago. These are worth 500 Green Clubcard points each, which traded for Clubcard Deals makes a total of £160 in Deal vouchers. I was going to take my grandchildren to a theme park in the summer holidays. Well I'm not now, because so far I have only been credited with two of the phones, and one of those won't be until I get my August statement. Explanation from Tesco - the company that runs the scheme for them has a huge backlog. I'm disgusted with Tesco.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,210
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I sent 2 phones to mobiles2cash but they never arrived. £90 out of pocket.

All in all a lot of hassle, for nothing. Definitely ebay for me going forward.
  • tigernymph
    tigernymph Posts: 18 Forumite
    I'm trying to sell on my Nokia 3410 and so far the quotes have been as follows:
    Enviro 0.47
    Mazuma 1.00
    Mopay 2.61
    mobilephonebuyer - not on line til 1 July
    Have also sent a couple of emails for quotes, so we shall see. I was thinking of trading it in for 500 Tesco points but am now not so sure due to the earlier posting that took ages to come through....all I have to do now is gett my fiance to give me his brick to see what we can get for that ( think it truly is just a door stop!):rotfl:
  • ianonline
    ianonline Posts: 1,204
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    tigernymph wrote: »
    I'm trying to sell on my Nokia 3410 .........all I have to do now is gett my fiance to give me his brick to see what we can get for that ( think it truly is just a door stop!):rotfl:
    Most places aren't very interested in really old or basic-spec phones because the postage costs makes it not worth their while (hence the low values you've had for your Nokia 3410).
    What I'd suggest is that you hold onto it until you (or someone you know) decide to upgrade your phone. You should get a tenner for it from The Link / CPW if you buy a new PAYG phone (assuming you have the charger and manual) and even more if you upgrade to a contract phone. ;)

Ian :cool:
  • cazgordo
    cazgordo Posts: 8 Forumite
    I sent 2 phones to mobile2cash which never arrived. £60 out of pocket.

I sent one to envirofone - very impressed - quick service and they kept me updated all along the way. I would definitely recommend them.
  • lizzyshep
    lizzyshep Posts: 255 Forumite
    I used Mopay as they gave the best price and didn't charge me for postage to send the phone to them, unlike one other company that said I had to use Special Delivery. I had an initial problem in that their Freepost address didn't work so the phones got returned to me, which was annoying. However, when I emailed them they were very helpful and said to send the phones to their normal address but with Freepost written on it. This worked and I didn't have to pay. I didn't get an email to acknowledge receipt but I got a cheque in about 2 weeks. What I was particularly happy with was that they'd upgraded the phones to 'working' instead of 'not working' even though they weren't in perfect condition, so I got a fair bit more than I'd expected.
    April Grocery Challenge: £80/£64.39
    March No Spend Days: 15/7
  • I have used mobile2cash twice now, they offer free postage and their prices for the two phones I sent back were higher than the other sites I checked out :j .

I would recommend giving them a go http://www.mobile2cash.co.uk
  • pks00
    pks00 Posts: 559 Forumite
    I have used mobile2cash twice now, they offer free postage and their prices for the two phones I sent back were higher than the other sites I checked out :j .

I would recommend giving them a go http://www.mobile2cash.co.uk

2 posters have said their cash never arrived. That to me sounds like a dodgy outfit. I think I will avoid them.

http://www.cex.co.uk (as posted in original thread) looks good. They have quoted £12 for 1112, a free fone I got from Virgin. Not that good a fone really, as it doesnt even have colour. Even the kids dont want it.
    What seems good about cex is that they have stores, and their is one store in my town so I probably pay a visit.
    :hello:

Surviving A Day In The Office
    9am Switch on PC, 9.05am - Check Email, 9.10am - Download Virus, 9.30am - Call Helpdesk, 10am - Relax all day whilst engineer fixes problem!

Shopping Tips
    Don't spend five pounds to dry clean a shirt. Donate it to the charity shop instead. They'll clean it and put it on a hanger. Next morning buy it back for two pounds.
  • Tutes24
    Tutes24 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Is the freepost address correct for mopay?? Just 'mopay freepost' thats it?? doesnt seem right to me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure