Old Style Diary Archive - APR 06

Comments

• VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Was thinking of you yesterday afternoon, i was watching some videos on the teacher tv website, but i don't think i spotted you. I did watch one teacher from Northants though. ;)

I don't know when my star turn is supposed to be on, but it's part of their new "They didn't teach me that!" series for NQTs! I'll let everyone know when it's on!! :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ooooh! Martin is on our local ITV news talking about Moneysaving! :j :j
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Thriftlady - no wine :eek:
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Thriftlady - no wine :eek:
    I know :eek: :eek:

We're supposed to only have it on Fri,Sat and Sun.But I tend to get some in on Thur when OH takes his old Dad to the pub (and because it's nearly the weekend ;) ).Then OH sometimes gets one when he fetches the boys from Judo on Wed.So we must exercise some restraint on Mons and Tues......It's hard though :beer:
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have now made shower gloop which is cooling down.

DDs and Dh loved the lasagne! :j

Got choc and ginger muffins for 29p at Sainsburys for after.

Sold a book on Amazon!:j

DD needs to buy a birthday pressie for friend and had set her heart on a make up palette like the one she and other DD got earlier in the year. I checked the site and they are now £26!

Hastily checked some other sites recommended on here and have ordered an Iman Treasures make up palette that should have been £25 - for £9.99 plus postage!

Not only that but - it was the last one! :j

Other DD has just brought home 2 bottles of Stardrops!
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    elona, you should have checked out Debenhams!! They have some fantastic makeup kits starting from a fiver.

I am heading off to bed as soon as 9pm arrives. I have a stinking headache and nodded off earlier, I want to watch some programmes on tv tonight so I'll watch them in bed. Dispatches is all about Yob Culture, then followed by a new series of Wife Swap, then the new series of Extreme Makeover on UKStyle :D

Hopefully my head will be better in the morning.

Mum told me today that it doesn't look like my uncle will be coming home from hospital and even though I hate him and will be dancing on his grave would I help her with clearing his house when he goes? I said I would happily because that will mean the he will no longer be alive to haunt my life and prevent my children from seeing their grandparents as often as they want.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • abi113
    abi113 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Elona - Any chances of the lasagna recipe please?
    Thankyou
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    :p Evening all! :hello:

Welcome to the newbies!

P-P What a shame your caravan wasn't up to scratch and the weather wasn't great either - still, at least you all had a change of scene, and as you said, it was nice to get back to your nice warm house! Hope you will start to feel better now you're home. (((HUGS)))

Frey I wouldn't worry too much - my DD1, SIL and DGS moved from their flat into a house last July and they still haven't finished decorating! The house had just had a new kitchen put in by the HA and so the walls had actually been painted magnolia, but my DD's DH is registered blind (tho he has a little bit of sight) and he couldn't see to do anything in the kitchen because it all looked white to him, so they had to paint it a darker colour! :rolleyes: They are currently trying to get the garden properly organised so they can grow some veg without SIL's Guide Dog digging them all up! :D

Rzl hope you were pleased with your haircut! I'm getting mine done on Thurs, seems to be the time for it at the moment!

Cha97michelle Glad you found a comfy bra! MY DD2 has had probs as she was a 34D to start with. She managed to find a couple, but I've suggested she gets a couple of nursing bras as they seem to be cheaper and go up to bigger sizes! :D

Tootles What a great idea to take things like apple crumble with you! I think we'll do the same thing when we have our caravan hol in Normandy in June. Thanks for the tip!

Lillibet So glad you all had a lovely day yesterday! I was thinking of you. Please give Spud a hug from his Auntie Ivyleaf! :D

Katgoddess In case you read this,(((((HUGS))))) so sorry to hear about your Nan - thoughts and prayers are with you all.

VickyA Same goes for you re your Grandad! (((((HUGS)))))

Have a good evening everyone (think I may just have some wine somewhere!) :p

ivyleaf xx
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Abbi

I do this in the slow cooker and it is a "cheat!"

I microwave chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and garlic till onions are softish.

1 layer tomato mixture

1 layer lasagne sheets (moistened in water)

1 layer Campbells cream of .....condensed soup mixed with half a can of milk (I use chicken or asparagus or sweetcorn or mushroom) and chopped chicken or turkey.

Keep repeating layers till you finish with creamy mix on top.

3 to 4 hours on high in slow cooker - or an hour or more in oven at 190 ( I put foil on top so it does not burn)

Quantities for six of us

2 or 3 cans chopped tomatoes

few cloves garlic

3 chopped onions

2 cans Campbells soup

chopped chicken ( about 4 ounces or whatever you like)About three quarters of a pack of lasagne sheets.

About half a pint of milk.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Evening

OH did the test drive and we are now £50 better off on the Nectar card:D 4 washloads done and the final load has gone in the TD.....sorry!!

Everything put away from weekend away and all house now tidy and settled.

OH made a lovely FishPie and there were 3 extra portions which I will have over next 2 days. He put grated cheddar on top and added the peas with the fish and parsley sauce then the mash on top...yummy!!

DD has completed her homework and she her SATS next week so have done some revision too. Have got most of her pack lunch for the morning done, just need to grab a frozen sarnie.

Had a £15 voucher code sent to me from Tesco on a £75 spend so have a delivery coming on thursday morning and have got aload of offers and spent £56, but this will last for 3 weeks with just small top ups during the week-hopefully from our local sainsburys cheap one!

Anyway, got to go.
    Take Care and see you in the morning
    PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing