Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    foxyll wrote: »
    During the whole delay we were not informed what was going on, no Ryan Air representative spoke to us.

Ryanair do not normally fly into Split so there would be no Ryanair staff there. Where weather causes diversion to an airport where the airline have no presence there can be difficulties with them arranging ground handling.
    As your delay was caused by weather there would be no compensation due. If you have receipts for refreshments etc during the delay you would be able to claim reimbursement under EU261 duty of care. Also worth checking if your travel insurance would cover anything (some may give £20 per 12 hour delay etc)
  • Thanks for that, the issue I have is that they rescheduled the flight and then cancelled it due to the staff being over the hours and unable to fly. As said we were left overnight in a closed airport...surely they should have had to do something?
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    foxyll wrote: »
    Yes the original flight was diverted due to bad weather but then the flight was reschedule to leave at 2.35 am sun but left 3pm Sunday.
    Where will I find the ryan air thread?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384705
  • Hi guys, On 3rd December, Ryanair accepted my claim for flights with alternative carrier and other reasonable costs incurred to return from Bratislava to Leeds after cancellation on first day of the cancellations 15th September.
    Advised cheque in post allow 10 days. No cheque. Chased up said wait another 10 then ask for re issue. Did that. Still no cheque. Chased again, online chat said they had requested another cheque, still no cheque. All documented via ‘attached’ letters from Ryanair and last time via screenshot of online conversation.
    They are just messing me around. Had enough now. Can I take them via English small claims Court?
    Also please can anyone advise Ryanair official address. Amount involved totals £380 . Thanks
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi johnottw,

You would need to use the ESCP procedure, details here thanks to Dr Watson...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64457359&postcount=569

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • ihaveaq
    ihaveaq Posts: 10 Forumite
    I've been trying to get compensation from ryanair for some years.

When I've first started the claim, they messaged saying an ATC failure, but then I wrote to the CAA and they said my claim was valid and ryanair had agreed to pay. As some as told me to at the time, I checked some flight details website and it showed that only ryanair flights had delays from that airport that day which I was told, shows that they were lying even more.

Anyway, I've finally went with the small court claim, but they replied saying No, with some monthly networks operations report, and want to charge me £350 in costs.

What am I supposed to do here?

Cheers for any help.
  • We would need a lot more info. First, what is !!!8220;some!!!8221; years? Second, what do you mean by !!!8220;they!!!8221; replied saying no? Who is !!!8220;they!!!8221;? How far has your case gone?
  • ihaveaq
    The flight was 2014 December.
    I sent in the ESCP form and paid the court fees this December 2017, court mailed saying it was waiting for a reply from ryanair.
    I got an email in Gmail from ryanairs defendant, with an attachment with their response. That was 20 days ago, but I've only seen it today.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The procedure that you need to follow is here...

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/639667/MCOL_Userguide_for_Claimants_August_2017.pdf

When do you need to respond by? it must be close! If you're late they can ask for the case to be struck out.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • ihaveaq
    Well I didn't hear anything from the court, like no other letters in the mail, just got an email from ryanairs solicitor, attaching their response.

And the reason I saw it so late is because the response was sent to my old email which I originally made a a compensation claim to ryanair to, but I gave the court a new email on the claim form.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback